There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

He looked not properly fed while there was a scarce amount of food available.
Which is indeed a bad sign as a male lion will always take over a kill unless fully sated or confident there is enough.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

If you make a londolozi accout can put forward questions for them to answer lol
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-05-2021, 06:15 PM)Mistry109 Wrote: Londolozi always seem to pick sides and rush to conclusions. How do they know birmingham males came off second best if both coslitions have injured members?
Birmingham male has injured back leg which suggest got into 2vs1 agianst both Avocas, fight from which he couldn't came on top.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Sweden Mangw Offline
Question 

Will not the other kambula females give birth soon now when 1 of them already has?
1 user Likes Mangw's post

Contributor

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ8klT-ldvJ/...=copy_link

Londolozi mentions in the comments that the fight was 3-4 weeks ago
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Ulusaba week raport

The highlight of the week was most definitely seeing the Othawa pride with a Kudu kill in the river, one of the females on the second day dragged the whole carcass out so the cubs could start to feed. The guests enjoyed seeing the whole pride crossing the river.

*This image is copyright of its original author

The Mhangeni pride were also seen this week, Tom and Sipho had a great sighting of one of the lionesses hunting impala. For guests are guides its always very exciting to watch the build up to a potential hunt. Watching a lioness stalk and literally disappear in ambush and then suddenly the burst of speed is exhilarating. In this case she missed but the build up and chase was incredible.

5 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 04:42 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-06-2021, 02:02 AM)Potato Wrote: Birmingham male has injured back leg which suggest got into 2vs1 agianst both Avocas, fight from which he couldn't came on top

Tinyo is occasionaly limping on his back leg, so him limping again on that leg is no proof of 2 vs 1 fight..

He could easily reinjure that leg in a 1 vs 1 scrap, or when running away at full speed.

I repeat again, if he was in a 1 vs 2 fight, he would be either dead, or major injured, he is none (0 photos of his injuries and 1 month passed after the fight, which suggested it was minor injuries, and he was sighted few times after that).
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

@Tr1x24  i agree with your analysis 1000%. 
If it was a real 2 vs 1 fight... Tinyo would be severely wounded at the very least. 
There are No puncture wounds or injuries on his flanks or near his genital region. Just a limp that he is known to have. Londolozi blog have hyped this skirmish up and already created somewhat of a false narrative.  I would call it "a minor altercation with no clear outcome".
2 users Like Mabingilane's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 11:36 PM by Tonpa )

Elephant plains sightings of the week

Tuesday, 29 June 2021
One Avoca male lion resting on the firebreak close to One-eye Pan.

Wednesday, 30 June 2021
One Avoca male lion resting on the firebreak close to Gowrie Gate.
Three Nkuhuma lionesses resting on Lost Track Road.

Thursday, 1 July 2021
One Avoca male lion resting at One-Eye Pan.

Saturday, 3 July 2021
The Nkuhuma pride of lions drinking water at Big Dam.
One Avoca male lion scent marking along Parallel Road.
Two Avoca male lions resting at the outflow of Big Dam.
Three Nkuhuma lionesses resting on Grass Cut Road.
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Gijima Offline

Did the Othawas boys move into the Kruger? I read that somewhere but didn’t know if that was confirmed. I really hope not….
1 user Likes Gijima's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-06-2021, 04:39 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 02:02 AM)Potato Wrote: Birmingham male has injured back leg which suggest got into 2vs1 agianst both Avocas, fight from which he couldn't came on top

Tinyo is occasionaly limping on his back leg, so him limping again on that leg is no proof of 2 vs 1 fight..

He could easily reinjure that leg in a 1 vs 1 scrap, or when running away at full speed.

I repeat again, if he was in a 1 vs 2 fight, he would be either dead, or major injured, he is none (0 photos of his injuries and 1 month passed after the fight, which suggested it was minor injuries, and he was sighted few times after that).

When I made my comment I though Londolozi blog was made on some new encounter between Avocas and BIrminghams, not that from few weeks ago.
2 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-07-2021, 01:11 AM)Gijima Wrote: Did the Othawas boys move into the Kruger? I read that somewhere but didn’t know if that was confirmed. I really hope not….

Not confirmed. The were last seen in Sabi Sabi. There were some infos (idk how true) that they crossed into Mala Mala after that and that is all we know.
2 users Like Potato's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

The last reliable locations showed them moving in the east pretty fast after their encounter with the Nwas. And its reported their tracks were found crossing the western boundary at Rhino Walking Safari's. But I dont know how reliable that is. There is also that photo of Jr floating around. But seeing half of his face is covered with vegetation its impossible to ID him on that.  

Still I wouldnt be surprised if they did. I dont think there is much for them at Sabi Sands.
Its a huge blow for the Othawas to lose Gingerella though.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Contributor

I saw someone saying this might be them, taken by a guest in Singita yesterday. Did Othawa Jr have that much mane? 

6 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(07-07-2021, 09:27 AM)Tonpa Wrote: I saw someone saying this might be them, taken by a guest in Singita yesterday. Did Othawa Jr have that much mane? 

Yep it looks like them, great news if they returned back.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post