There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(07-01-2021, 10:49 PM)Gijima Wrote: Did they mention on FB if these were the subadults? Some look like adults but I honestly can't tell the Kambulas apart.

I asked about the first pic and they mentioned it was Kambula Lioness #5

Gijima Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-03-2021, 03:37 AM by Gijima )

(07-02-2021, 09:14 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 10:49 PM)Gijima Wrote: Did they mention on FB if these were the subadults? Some look like adults but I honestly can't tell the Kambulas apart.

I asked about the first pic and they mentioned it was Kambula Lioness #5

Interesting. I’m wondering if this group will be a new breakaway. Definitely bad news for the smaller prides like Styx and Southern if they decide to push south.
2 users Like Gijima's post

Sweden Mangw Offline

I just wonder if we know who exactly the mothers are to each sub-adult in kambula pride, because i only know that female 5 is the mother to the 2 youngest sub-adults that was born in 2019

South Africa Slayerd Online

(07-03-2021, 03:16 AM)Mangw Wrote: I just wonder if we know who exactly the mothers are to each sub-adult in kambula pride, because i only know that female 5 is the mother to the 2 youngest sub-adults that was born in 2019

Kambula #1 has 1 son and 2 daughters

Kambula #2 has 2 daughters

Kambula #3 has 1 son and 1 daughter

Kambula #4 has 3 sons

Kambula #5 has 1 son and 1 daughter

There might be 1 more female as well
7 users Like Slayerd's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Thought of the Day

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

It's really wonderful to see this Talamati female has rejoined the pride after her injuries. 

6 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-04-2021, 03:36 PM by Tr1x24 )

Plains Camp boy, with bigger mane, filmed in Londolozi, prob before they moved in western sector recently as it was posted 5 days ago:

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Tsalala females today by Skye Doogie 
Somewhere in the western sector still

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Londolozi giving more information on the Avoca-BBoy interaction. They're saying both Avocas had a fight with one of the BBoys, I think Tinyo (he says "the one on the right")

Its at 2:56 if you guys wanna listen

6 users Like Tonpa's post

South Africa Slayerd Online

(07-04-2021, 05:51 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Londolozi giving more information on the Avoca-BBoy interaction. They're saying both Avocas had a fight with one of the BBoys, I think Tinyo (he says "the one on the right")

Its at 2:56 if you guys wanna listen

But Tinyo hasn't been limping, I've been seeing vids of Tinyo over the last month and he hasn't been limping besides his usual limp. Nhenha is the one who was limping but he was limping just after the Othawa Male was killed so it's assumed he got his injury then. Londolozi confuses me sometimes
1 user Likes Slayerd's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

What was the most recent footage of tinyo walking?
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Othawa cubs 

3 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(07-04-2021, 09:50 PM)Slayerd Wrote: But Tinyo hasn't been limping, I've been seeing vids of Tinyo over the last month and he hasn't been limping besides his usual limp. Nhenha is the one who was limping but he was limping just after the Othawa Male was killed so it's assumed he got his injury then. Londolozi confuses me sometimes

Yea quite strange report of Tinyo fighting 2 Avocas, if there was a fight 2 vs 1, Tinyo would be seriously injured or even killed..

Maybe there was some chasing, or 1 vs 1, but i doubt 2 vs 1 fight happened..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-04-2021, 11:44 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-04-2021, 10:42 PM)Tonpa Wrote: What was the most recent footage of tinyo walking?

Dont know when he was seen walking, but he was seen on 23. last month with Nhenha roaring..

Dont know when this video was recorded, but he says that fight happened 10 days ago, so if the video is recent, then it happened around that time..

I think this ranger is referring to a chase between Bboys and Avocas, which occured in the past weeks, no fight was mentioned then..

Both Tinyo and Blondie occasionaly limp, so i dont think thats the evidence of any fight..

Also ranger did say "skirmish" not a fight..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Perhaps Tinyo got caught by surprise, threw a few punches and then escaped?
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post