There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Gijima Offline

@Potato Thank you. To think the SAvocas who have three prides and a massive territory in the south have anything to be scared of from the Gowrie Males is ridiculous. They are in the prime of their lives. 

In that case I know a ranger in Londolozi who thinks the Gowrie Males are all old and about to be ousted any minute by a younger coalition. ?
2 users Like Gijima's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Words of rangers are a bit overvalued i think, yea, there is some knowledgeable lion rangers here and there, but majority of them dont follow lions closely, so dont take everything they said for granted and to be correct..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

@felinefan 

posting it here and for the future use this thread for the othawa pride .

Very strange dynamics within the Othawa pride lionesses.  They have all been freely mating with the Tumbelas. Are they all in oestrus, atleast Junior's mom and Saasy? Have they also been mating with the pride male HB as well? Haven't seen any footage of this, so have to assume no. Are they assuming HB is not going to be around in 3-4 months? What if he is around? Will he then accept new cubs that are born? How is this behavior explained when the pride still has sub-adults?
1 user Likes Lycaon's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(11-14-2020, 07:28 PM)Potato Wrote: "A really interesting information by Robin a ranger of MalaMala about size between S.Avoca and N.Avoca."

I can't see that comparison in your post :/

"Still scared of the two legendary Gowrie males"

They probably just mean that Avocas are scared to try to expand on Birminghams territory, not knowing that Avocas in fact already expanded, just in other direction. Southern Avocas now have 3 prides under their control so they should be very content with it.

Goes to the link to know,Robin explains that he can'ty say who is bigger than the other because the coalitions are of different ages. https://www.instagram.com/p/CHgHs7UnArB/..._copy_link
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(11-14-2020, 07:56 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Words of rangers are a bit overvalued i think, yea, there is some knowledgeable lion rangers here and there, but majority of them dont follow lions closely, so dont take everything they said for granted and to be correct..

I just have decided to share what Rob thinks about those coalitions that currently are heading up the lion dynamics on Sabi Sands. 
After of read their words,obviously each-one of we have different point of views and opinions

Gijima Offline

He’s a freelance ranger that travels all over the world. Even the fact that he thinks the S Avocas are a MalaMala coalition and not a primarily a Kruger coalition shows he probably doesn’t know the SAvocas dynamics from since when they were 5 year old. I appreciate the pics but as he said in his own post, he doesnt know... (not a criticism of you Tino, btw)
4 users Like Gijima's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(11-14-2020, 08:37 PM)Gijima Wrote: He’s a freelance ranger that travels all over the world. Even the fact that he thinks the S Avocas are a MalaMala coalition and not a primarily a Kruger coalition shows he probably doesn’t know the SAvocas dynamics from since when they were 5 year old. I appreciate the pics but as he said in his own post, he doesnt know... (not a criticism of you Tino, btw)

No problem Gijima. Is very interesting see different opinions.

Gijima Offline

Funny how close NK male is to his natal pride. Nkuhuma Pride in Elephant Plains yesterday and Simbambili today (credit: Mr T)

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like Gijima's post

Gijima Offline

Styx male or NK male? Also yesterday but in Londolozi:

3 users Like Gijima's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

The young Torchwood lioness is a real beauty.
November 2020,Photo credits: Moosa Varachia

3 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-14-2020, 11:08 PM)Gijima Wrote: Styx male or NK male? Also yesterday but in Londolozi:

Nkuhuma.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

HB also mating with Sassy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHmjd79HfBA/...ggtwj5ezu0

Othawa youngsters:

It seems that both HB and Tumbelas are happy with this situation as it is, both are mating with lionesses and avoiding serious clashed..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"It seems that both HB and Tumbelas are happy with this situation as it is, both are mating with lionesses and avoiding serious clashed.."

Tumbela will chasse HB very soon I believe.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-15-2020, 02:30 PM)Potato Wrote: Tumbela will chasse HB very soon I believe

Well eventualy they will chase him, only matter of time, but for now they are still scared of him it seems..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-15-2020, 02:38 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 02:30 PM)Potato Wrote: Tumbela will chasse HB very soon I believe

Well eventualy they will chase him, only matter of time, but for now they are still scared of him it seems..

Nah, they are moving through centrum of what Matimba male territory just to be. They are not scared of him. Of course HB is a way larger male than Tumbelas an can chasse around single Tumbela, but when there will be 2 or 3 Tumbelas around, the situation will be totally different. I think HB by mating with Othawa lionesses is bringing too much atention to himself and it can end up very ugly for Matimba male. HB should keep low profile.
1 user Likes Potato's post