There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States afortich Online
Contributor

(10-13-2022, 12:18 AM)Mapokser Wrote: In the Mangheni thread someone posted a video of one of the PCM with a lioness of the pride. But what caught my attention was that the male's face was a mess and he also had wounds on his legs.

It seems too much to have been over mating rights and Nhenha was seen alone after the PCM chased his coalition out of the Western sector again so... Was the Nkuhuma male seen after that clash?

Nhenha and NYM were seen together today, see a video posted by @Tonpa in the Birmingham thread.
3 users Like afortich's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(10-13-2022, 12:37 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(10-13-2022, 12:18 AM)Mapokser Wrote: In the Mangheni thread someone posted a video of one of the PCM with a lioness of the pride. But what caught my attention was that the male's face was a mess and he also had wounds on his legs.

It seems too much to have been over mating rights and Nhenha was seen alone after the PCM chased his coalition out of the Western sector again so... Was the Nkuhuma male seen after that clash?

There’s been two sightings posted of Nkuhuma since.   Not saying they were taken afterwards as we know how these things go.

@Tonpa just posted a video of the Birminghams together in Mala Mala .   I’m waiting to hear from photographer as to when it was taken.

I am not sure if the photographer and the poster are one in the same, but the poster of that video, in the comments, said it was filmed today.
3 users Like BA0701's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-13-2022, 12:39 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-13-2022, 12:37 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:

There’s been two sightings posted of Nkuhuma since.   Not saying they were taken afterwards as we know how these things go.

@Tonpa just posted a video of the Birminghams together in Mala Mala .   I’m waiting to hear from photographer as to when it was taken.

I am not sure if the photographer and the poster are one in the same, but the poster of that video, in the comments, said it was filmed today.

Yes…..just saw that.   So they’ve re-united.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

I honestly do not see such serious injuries on that PC male in the video you are referring to. Nhenha and NYM did much worse to each others faces in a fight over mating rights.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-13-2022, 01:39 AM by afortich )

This video appears to be consistent with the sightings of Sassy, DM Avoca and others posted in other threads.

4 users Like afortich's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

(10-13-2022, 12:43 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

I honestly do not see such serious injuries on that PC male in the video you are referring to. Nhenha and NYM did much worse to each others faces in a fight over mating rights.

Really? In the video Nhenha attacks the NK male they barely touch each other and it lasts like 3 seconds.

I thought these were some considerable wounds, for a second it looked like he had lost an eye to me and and he even has scratches on his legs, with two more clear wounds:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Though if the Bboys are together and well it means no actual fight happened and the PCM were likely fighting over the Mangheni female.
6 users Like Mapokser's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-13-2022, 04:02 AM by afortich )

(10-13-2022, 03:48 AM)Mapokser Wrote:

Really? In the video Nhenha attacks the NK male they barely touch each other and it lasts like 3 seconds.

I thought these were some considerable wounds, for a second it looked like he had lost an eye to me and and he even has scratches on his legs, with two more clear wounds:

Though if the Bboys are together and well it means no actual fight happened and the PCM were likely fighting over the Mangheni female.

Those wounds don't look fresh to me (yesterday or today), they may be from a few days ago and Nkuhuma just reunited with Nhenha today.
2 users Like afortich's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 10-13-2022, 05:31 AM by BA0701 )

(10-13-2022, 03:48 AM)Mapokser Wrote:

This was Nkuhuma's cut face, and Nhenha had an equally severe, if not worse, cut on his face, oddly on the same side.

10 users Like BA0701's post

Contributor

Tsalala in Mala Mala slides 3 and beyond 

“The lioness was on her own—unusual for a female lion, but her mother and brother were both killed some time ago. Hopefully she will mate with another lion and join a pride that way”

10 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

(10-15-2022, 08:19 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tsalala in Mala Mala slides 3 and beyond 

“The lioness was on her own—unusual for a female lion, but her mother and brother were both killed some time ago. Hopefully she will mate with another lion and join a pride that way”

She is so gorgeous. Sending my positive vibes for her to find friends.
6 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

11 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

8 users Like afortich's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-19-2022, 01:03 AM by criollo2mil )

WARNING:  Graphic scene 

Very morbid video.  Makes me wonder which of our lions this was ? 

“Every now and then we come across the most unusual sightings ?

Resident photographer Ross Couper was out one afternoon and he came across some hyenas that were behaving rather strangely around a watering hole. They appeared to be hunting for something under the water so he decided to simply sit and observe them. Then something really, really strange happened.

Swipe to see how this scene unfolded. Warning: Not for sensitive viewers.

#OurSingita”

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-19-2022, 01:02 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Very morbid video.  Makes me wonder which of our lions this was ? 

They said it is from last month, so its most likely 1 of Othawa subs, as we can see, that is not fully grown lion, and Othawas lost 2 subs not long ago.
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

From what I saw at zoos, hyenas do occasionally store food underwater. So thats probably how it ended up there.

Folks are saying its the male, but I think there isn't enough left for such a specific identification. Though one of the Othawas is likely.
7 users Like Duco Ndona's post