There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Serbia joka98 Offline

3 users Like joka98's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Credits: Elephant Plains PGR

27 Oct 2018:
Ten members of the Nkuhuma pride, one subadult Talamati male and the three subadult Mhangeni male lions resting at Tree House Pan

Looks like one of the Nkuhuma sub-adults is missing after alteration with Styx pride or so, can someone confirm
2 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Australia Herekitty Offline

Powerful looking Kambula lioness with what appears to be a litter of 5 cubs at Londolozi.
This has got to be one of the best sightings of my guiding career!!! A lioness moves her 2 to 3 week old cubs to a new den sight. Magical!!!!
Video by eulumworlds, November 1, 2018

Image by Nik Kleer at Londolozi, October 26, 2018

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Herekitty's post

Southern Avoca boy looking like a full grown lion now. Image by Dale Grahn at Sabi Sand GR, November 1, 2019

4 users Like Herekitty's post

Mexico omarj Offline
New Join

(10-30-2018, 01:06 PM)joka98 Wrote:

who is him?

Serbia joka98 Offline

I think he could be Golf Course male. I wrote that in my post but only video appeared.
3 users Like joka98's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-03-2018, 06:30 AM by Tshokwane )

The legendary Kruger male returning from a long patrol

3 users Like T Rabbit's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-02-2018, 11:39 PM)joka98 Wrote: I think he could be Golf Course male.

Frankly I'm not sure, in the video there's no indication of where they took the video, only the date.

But I will say the mane looks too perfect to be one of the Sabi sands male, it seems more like a Kalahari lion, but of course there's no way to be sure only by looking.

A huntress second to none. Nkuhuma female captured by Jeandré Gerding for Safarilive at Djuma, November 2, 2018

3 users Like Herekitty's post

Abomai Offline

5 users Like Abomai's post

Northern Avoca boy with the intense eyes at Djuma. Images by painterberry, November 3, 2018.

5 users Like Herekitty's post

Morning stroll with the Mangheni pride. Video by Quinton Paul Josop at Singita, poted november 4, 2018
5 users Like Herekitty's post

Canada Pbonz Offline

Someone correct me if wrong. 
In September I was at Nkorho. We came across I believe the Torchwood pride who accepted some mangy lions to hang around and there was 1 sub adult. Is that one sub adult male still alive?

We were also there when 4 lionesses sub adults were being chased it seems. They were frantically moving.

Is there any sites or blogs that give lots of updates also?
1 user Likes Pbonz's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Looks like Younger Othawa femlae (Littermate of Othawa young male) has given birth. (Likely sired by Matimbas)
I am glad that there are at least 2 females in the pride who can produce cubs. (One adult female is not able to produce any cubs)
This is good for the future of the pride.
2 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Canada Pbonz Offline

Othawa pride was once run by Mapongos correct? 

If I could ask
Can someone break down all the prides with all the males and coalitions ? I’m so confused who’s who and who’s from what offspring lol. 
I’m trying to read as much to catch up!