There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Savanna Private Game Reserve.

The confrontation between the Othawa subadults and their aunt with the Mangheni subadults, their half siblings.

2 users Like Tshokwane's post

jordi6927 Offline

(05-10-2018, 07:59 PM)Tshokwane Wrote: Credits to Savanna Private Game Reserve.

The confrontation between the Othawa subadults and their aunt with the Mangheni subadults, their half siblings.

The start of something good?
1 user Likes jordi6927's post

Chris Offline

It just show me now how small the magheni males are compared Ottawa male, and  the Ottawa boy is pretty big for his age, and him and the females work very good as a unit.
2 users Like Chris's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Savannah posted a video with brand new cubs from Othawa female.. 3 of them...
Life is going to be tough for them without the protection of the pride males!

United States swtlei4u Offline

(05-10-2018, 09:40 PM)vinodkumarn Wrote: Savannah posted a video with brand new cubs from Othawa female.. 3 of them...

the Ottawa male look just like the styx males, I think scar nose is the Ottawa's father!

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(05-10-2018, 08:21 PM)jordi6927 Wrote: The start of something good?

I certainly hope so.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

Chris Offline

(05-10-2018, 09:40 PM)vinodkumarn Wrote: Savannah posted a video with brand new cubs from Othawa female.. 3 of them...

The matimbas are with them, but I guess I understand wha you mean.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(05-10-2018, 11:17 PM)Chris Wrote: The matimbas are with them

They must be with the second female. Most likely she's pulling the old, flash tigh and luring them away from her sister as she knows of the cubs. 

Still, I'm not sure how long they will be able to survive, or if at all, with the Matimbas around.

Canada stronghold Offline

Othawa Boy looks impressive. How many Mangheni sub adults are left? Last month the count was minus 1 male and 1 female. Thanks
1 user Likes stronghold's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-11-2018, 02:15 AM by Tshokwane )

(05-11-2018, 01:31 AM)stronghold Wrote: How many Mangheni sub adults are left? Last month the count was minus 1 male and 1 female.

I think the number's about the same. Not sure about the lassie seen with the Xhimungwe girls, but I haven't read anything that suggest one more died.

So the count would be eight males and one female. Plus the other female with the Xhimungwe girls, if she still lives.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

im very worried with the young mhangenis. They are too young and small to live by their owns. And looks like the  othawas don't want to accept them . they just want a family for one more year. But the othawas were hostile against them.

jordi6927 Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-11-2018, 04:43 AM by jordi6927 )

(05-11-2018, 03:47 AM)T Rabbit Wrote: im very worried with the young mhangenis. They are too young and small to live by their owns. And looks like the  othawas don't want to accept them . they just want a family for one more year. But the othawas were hostile against them.

I disagree that they dont want to accept them ... its a wait and see type of thing ... the video clearly shows the Mhangeni submitting several times ... which is ok and good ... it also shows the Othawa showing mercy ... they could have killed the ones they came in contact with easily ... its very interesting because it seems the Othawa knew they were exposed and vulnerable but let up ... why? ... I hope this leads to them grouping up ... hell, I didnt like all my friends when I first met them Wink.... Im hoping for the best

Canada stronghold Offline

It would be something if the Othawa Boy form a coalition with his half brothers. Like Big Mak leading the sparta boys.
2 users Like stronghold's post

United States sundarbans Offline

Are there 3 adult Othawa females? I thought there were 2 but there seems to be 3: the one with the sub-adults, the one with the new cubs, and the one mating with the Matimbas.

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(05-11-2018, 01:50 PM)sundarbans Wrote: Are there 3 adult Othawa females? I thought there were 2 but there seems to be 3: the one with the sub-adults, the one with the new cubs, and the one mating with the Matimbas.

There are 2 adult lionesses and a sub-adult female.