There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United Kingdom NLAL11 Offline

Latest Mala Mala video. Kambulas and OE N'Waswitshaka. Some of the boys practising their moves for when they're older.

6 users Like NLAL11's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Hoping Khanya was off to side somewhere 

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
5 users Like Friarfan619's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

These two videos were circulating among friends and I wanted to share them here as well.

I found them incredibly informative

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 07-12-2024, 10:29 PM by BA0701 )

(07-12-2024, 09:06 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: These two videos were circulating among friends and I wanted to share them here as well.  

Thank you, for bringing James Miller's videos to my attention, and to so many others as well. Most excellent, I instantly subscribed. It seems you cannot share a playlist, so, if I may, you might consider just providing the link, so that others can view it directly on YT.

Thank you, again, most excellent work by Mr. Miller!

Incredibly informative, and moving, telling of Solo's life, fatastic stuff!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(07-12-2024, 10:14 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(07-12-2024, 09:06 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: These two videos were circulating among friends and I wanted to share them here as well.  

Thank you, for bringing James Miller's videos to my attention, and to so many others as well. Most excellent, I instantly subscribed. It seems you cannot share a playlist, so, if I may, you might consider just providing the link, so that others can view it directly on YT.

Thank you, again, most excellent work by Mr. Miller!

Incredibly informative, and moving, telling of Solo's life, fatastic stuff!

Yes....OMG what a great number of fantastic history there in his channel.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Here is a link to his Channel Home

https://www.youtube.com/@jamesmiller921

Here is one of his Playlists for the Mapogos:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlavM...exEt9j5go1

Here is on eon Lions in General:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlavM...1o4Oi5YX8j
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Another Mala Mala video. Two Sand River lionesses and an Nkuhlu male catch a waterbuck.

4 users Like NLAL11's post

Super Moderator

(07-12-2024, 11:24 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Here is a link to his Channel Home

https://www.youtube.com/@jamesmiller921

Here is one of his Playlists for the Mapogos:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlavM...exEt9j5go1

Here is on eon Lions in General:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlavM...1o4Oi5YX8j

Thank you, for sharing this, a must see for every lion fan!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Cath2020 Offline

I loved the story of Solo and have sometimes thought of him and what his fate was after going in the KNP and never being seen again.  Did he live for a few more years at least? Did he die shortly afterwards?  He tried and tried, god knows, but never could keep a coalition partner for years.  Footage seen when he was about 10, showed an extraodinarily robust and tall/well-built lion!  Amazing shape, and no other male that age these days could look so young.  He probably never suffered from TB and had the stress of patrolling for a pride/cubs constantly....  After leaving into Kruger, he could have feasibly kept going and doing well without all the competition he endured in Sabi Sands.
4 users Like Cath2020's post

Cath2020 Offline

Here he is in 2015, at the 'ripe' old age of 10!  Just purely amazing shape! Like a lion in his absolute prime, no injuries whatsoever either.  He left for Kruger in similar shape, in my opinion, albeit 1-2 years older.

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Cath2020's post

Super Moderator

(07-13-2024, 05:16 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: Here he is in 2015, at the 'ripe' old age of 10!  Just purely amazing shape! Like a lion in his absolute prime, no injuries whatsoever either.  He left for Kruger in similar shape, in my opinion, albeit 1-2 years older.

Stunning specimen, to be sure.
4 users Like BA0701's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-13-2024, 07:56 PM by criollo2mil )

WARNING;  NOT FOR SENSITiVE VIEWERS

Tsalala successful hunt of a kudu

Credit:  qc1976

12 users Like criollo2mil's post

Ndzenga/N'Waswitshaka males and full Kambula pride on the Londolozi airstrip.

5 users Like NLAL11's post

Elephant Plains Weekly Lion Sightings 8-14 July

https://elephantplains.co.za/big-5-blog/...july-2024/

Monday, 08 July 2024
  • Three Nkuhuma lioness and two Plains Camp male lions, resting at A-main junction with Grass cut.
Tuesday, 09 July 2024
  • The two Plains Camp male lions and three Nkuhuma lioness, sleeping West of Our Fathers crossing.
Wednesday, 10 July 2024
  • The four Kambula Male lions, sleeping Infront of Jacana Camp.
Thursday, 11 July 2024
  • The four Kambula male lions, trailing a breeding herd of approximately three hundred buffalo between Big Dam and Squirrel View Road.
Friday, 12 July 2024
  • The two Plains Camp male lions with three Nkuhuma lioness, sleeping at Serengeti Pan.
Saturday, 13 July 2024
  • The two Plains Camp male lions, mobile West on Londolozi Boundary from Our Fathers crossing.
Sunday, 14 July 2024
  • Four Nkuhuma lionesses, Resting on the fire break West of Simba dam.
  • The four Kambula male lions and one female, resting at the junction of Hunters Road and Buffels/Gowrie cutline.
6 users Like NLAL11's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-15-2024, 05:13 PM by criollo2mil )

The PCMs encountered and chased ofc the two Othowas in Dulini .   They were in process of hunting    

With son many lions now crowded in the west, these occurrences are inevitably going to become more frequent

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like criollo2mil's post