There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

NLAL11 Offline

Elephant Plains Lion Sightings 22-28 April

https://elephantplains.co.za/big-5-blog/...pril-2024/

Monday, 22 April 2024
  • One Msuthu (Talamati) male lion, five Nkuhuma lioness and one sub adult male lion stationary on the Firebreak East of the Pungwe Crossing.
Tuesday, 23 April 2024
  • One Kambula male lion and three Nkuhuma lioness stationary in the block North of Marula Belt Central West.
Wednesday, 24 April 2024 (No Sightings)

Thursday, 25 April 2024

• One Msuthu male lion AND FOUR Nkuhuma lioness mobile South into Londolozi junction Saseka.
  • One Kambula male lion and four Nkuhuma lioness stationary at Kudu Drift junction Leopard Drift.
Friday, 26 April 2024
  • One Kambula male lion, sleeping on Guarri Central.
Saturday, 27 April 2024
  • The two Plains Camp male lions, sleeping on Kudu Drift and the junction of Leopard Drift.
  • The two Plains Camp male lions, sleeping on A-main at the junction of Nkombe road.
Sunday, 28 April 2024

• The two Plains Camp male lions, mating with one Nkuhuma lioness at Elephant Plains open area.

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like NLAL11's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

I posted in Nkhuma thread but 2 of the Kkhuma girls found K4 still in Simbambili.  I really hope they don't get found by the PCM's.
3 users Like T_Ferguson's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-30-2024, 01:32 AM)NLAL11 Wrote: Elephant Plains Lion Sightings 22-28 April

https://elephantplains.co.za/big-5-blog/...pril-2024/

Monday, 22 April 2024
  • One Msuthu (Talamati) male lion, five Nkuhuma lioness and one sub adult male lion stationary on the Firebreak East of the Pungwe Crossing.
Tuesday, 23 April 2024
  • One Kambula male lion and three Nkuhuma lioness stationary in the block North of Marula Belt Central West.
Wednesday, 24 April 2024 (No Sightings)

Thursday, 25 April 2024

• One Msuthu male lion AND FOUR Nkuhuma lioness mobile South into Londolozi junction Saseka.
  • One Kambula male lion and four Nkuhuma lioness stationary at Kudu Drift junction Leopard Drift.
Friday, 26 April 2024
  • One Kambula male lion, sleeping on Guarri Central.
Saturday, 27 April 2024
  • The two Plains Camp male lions, sleeping on Kudu Drift and the junction of Leopard Drift.
  • The two Plains Camp male lions, sleeping on A-main at the junction of Nkombe road.
Sunday, 28 April 2024

• The two Plains Camp male lions, mating with one Nkuhuma lioness at Elephant Plains open area.

*This image is copyright of its original author

I get triggered when they call the Talamati YM, Msuthlu. He’s NOT. he’s never been part of that Pride.

This would be like the Birminghams being called Nharus or the Mangheni males being called Kambulas.

Ok….,RANT OVER! Lol
7 users Like criollo2mil's post

So, PCM's are back west, or moving there (1 with Ximungs, other moving that way), 4 Nkhuma's with Khanya (if that's true), K4 still in Djuma, and BDM's lurking somewhere in a ghostly fashion as well.  Still a big mess, and K4 shows no signs of going back to his brothers.  Can we just now stop and let the Nkhuma's regroup?
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Contributor

Out on a little stroll w Daddy!

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Khanya talamati 

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
5 users Like Friarfan619's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Hope him and that ym stay together.  I've lost hope on dm Jr ?
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(05-02-2024, 02:22 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Sorry for the double post, but I felt this should be with both the Nkhuma thread and Talamati Khanya, which is here now... LOL  for future reference.  I will remove one if you disagree.

Personal opinion that some double posts are ok as long as they relate to the thread subject. When I was a newbie reading the threads was a lot easier with those cross posts as it was easier to connect different situations.
With the accidental deletion of the talamati thread a double posting would help preserve all that info, pictures and posts.
1 user Likes GhostCatP-22's post

Contributor

(05-02-2024, 02:22 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Sorry for the double post, but I felt this should be with both the Nkhuma thread and Talamati Khanya, which is here now... LOL  for future reference.  I will remove one if you disagree.

There is a new Talamati thread

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-talamati-msutlu-pride
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 05-02-2024, 03:20 AM by BA0701 )

How about this, I will share the twitter post you shared, giving you credit, in the new Talamati thread, that way the post is made in both correct threads, and no rules are broken. Does that help?

Nevermind, @T_Ferguson, @KM600 posted the link in the new Talamati thread. So, that no rules are broken, I have deleted your post here, but no worries, we're all good my friend! If anyone ever runs into a situation where they believe a post belongs in two threads, feel free to contact myself, any of the other Mods, or just about any other member of the site, and I believe there should be no issue getting it added to the second thread without breaking the site rules.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Super Moderator

(05-02-2024, 02:28 AM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote:

Personal opinion that some double posts are ok as long as they relate to the thread subject. When I was a newbie reading the threads was a lot easier with those cross posts as it was easier to connect different situations.
With the accidental deletion of the talamati thread a double posting would help preserve all that info, pictures and posts.

Such a thing will not happen again, as that one just happened to occur right in the middle of a site migration, a rare occurrence in itself, before the ability to restore deleted threads available.

Maybe someday we'll be able to have another Pride thread for them.... 

4 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Ttimemarti Offline

Question so when it comes to lions and their offspring do lions act different if they are rubbing heads with their mother rather than an aunt or is it the same or does it just depend on the lion
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Super Moderator

(05-03-2024, 04:28 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Question so when it comes to lions and their offspring do lions act different if they are rubbing heads with their mother rather than an aunt or is it the same or does it just depend on the lion

I've never noticed a difference, but maybe, as you mentioned, it does have to do with the individual lions, and how receptive they are. As, we sometimes see cubs headbutting pride males, and then there are the grumpier sort with which they don't rub heads with at all.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Ttimemarti Offline

Thanks I saw a video of tinya and her son she was very affectionate towards him just made me think would he do that with one of the older girls or is that just something he’ll do to his mother
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post