There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Lion and Tiger Fight Interaction in Zoo, Circus or Any Other Captive Places

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Same Boys

1 user Likes Pckts's post

Canada Kingtheropod Offline
Bigcat Expert
( This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 08:07 AM by Kingtheropod )

(12-17-2019, 07:33 PM)Spalea Wrote: n not a skirmish of a fight. It doesn't prove anything.
LOL, I don't know how you can say with a straight face that isn't an encounter.

What happens in the video is exactly what you see. The tiger comes to the lion and shows its dominance. 

And fights are fights no matter what, the two are making contact, hence a fight. It doesn't matter if it last 3 seconds or 30 minutes. The two animals made contact end of story.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

This is not a fight.. when 2 lives in one enclosure normally one is dominant over other
Some time lion and some time tiger. In this case.. its tiger
1 user Likes sanjay's post

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(12-17-2019, 10:54 PM)Pckts Wrote: Same Boys

Those are good sized male tiger and white lion. Where is that place?

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 06:35 PM by Apollo )

(12-17-2019, 07:33 PM)Spalea Wrote: @Apollo :

About #118: The author of the video you showed is dishonest. This tiger and this lion have been living together for long time. With a small dog, see the video below.
Of course if we look at the paws, the tiger is very very probably stronger. But these felids are living together, they are captive animals, we don't know anything about their past. And the title of the video you posted is a fake. It isn't a fight, even not a skirmish of a fight. It doesn't prove anything.

I think you are taking this tiger vs lion thing too serious.
First of all I didnt post this video to prove anything.
Its just a interaction between two captive cats living together.
These kinds of fights or skirmishes pops up when two male bigcats live together, since these are social animals.
Lion being more social, they usually be the ones initiating the fights. Many lion fans misinterpret that as lions are more aggressive.
Usually these interactions occur to show dominance. Simply put its a way how tigers and lions settle their differences.
But in rare occasions these kinds of fights might lead to a fight to death scenario.
In the end of that video, I think the lion got its jaw and tongue injured.
1 user Likes Apollo's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

I agree its definitely not a fight, simply play and a typical skirmish amongst brothers, that being said I always thought this thread was for fights and interactions between the 2 in general. If not, maybe it should be changed since we have both posted here.

Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

(12-18-2019, 06:26 PM)Apollo Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 07:33 PM)Spalea Wrote: @Apollo :

About #118: The author of the video you showed is dishonest. This tiger and this lion have been living together for long time. With a small dog, see the video below.
Of course if we look at the paws, the tiger is very very probably stronger. But these felids are living together, they are captive animals, we don't know anything about their past. And the title of the video you posted is a fake. It isn't a fight, even not a skirmish of a fight. It doesn't prove anything.

I think you are taking this tiger vs lion thing too serious.
First of all I didnt post this video to prove anything.
Its just a interaction between two captive cats living together.
These kinds of fights or skirmishes pops up when two male bigcats live together, since these are social animals.
Lion being more social, they usually be the ones initiating the fights. Many lion fans misinterpret that as lions are more aggressive.
Usually these interactions occur to show dominance. Simply put its a way how tigers and lions settle their differences.
But in rare occasions these kinds of fights might lead to a fight to death scenario.
In the end of that video, I think the lion got its jaw and tongue injured.
You're right, may be I took that too seriously.
At first I was enervated by the title of the video which was quite wrong in the "spirit" of that.
Of course the tiger was stronger, this white lion has a problem. Which one ? No one knows, neither you, nor me. We can only suppose, a sequelia of a fight, a physical weakness ?
The most important is, IMO, to see that they were able to grow up and live together.
These beast are living together peacefully, otherwise the dog would disapear at first, the lion after, and probably the tiger would have been alone at the end.
Thus pretending that against a impaired lion, the tiger is the real boss, is riskless.
1 user Likes Spalea's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

tigress and lioness

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Male tiger and male lion interaction

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-02-2020, 03:21 AM by Shadow )

(01-29-2020, 11:37 AM)Apollo Wrote: Male tiger and male lion interaction

Since this person who uploaded that video to youtube mentions agility of the tiger especially, I think, that it´s good to remind that lions are far from clumsy. Male lions, imo, are often kind of... "lazy" when they don´t take some situation seriously. They can swipe nonchalantly and quite slowly once or twice and then continue whatever they were doing. Not paying too much attention to it, whatever disturbed them no matter if it was a bird or a tiger. 

It´s so different thing if they take something seriously or get furious. Here something to remind how fast paw swipe of the lion is, when it means business.

This video from 0:35-0:45, they fight differently than tigers often do, what comes to being on hind legs. Lions don´t do that so long times. But those swipes are no slow "high fives".

Different kind of agility, 0:43-1:03.

And one more, 2:05-2:15.

Tigers are agile, they are fast, there is no doubt about it. They are very capable.

But if wanting to compare, I think that it´s easier to find playful tigers than lions, especially when talking about male lions. I think, that male lions are often more nonchalant even to the point, that they can look like clumsy. But that can change in a split second if they get serious for some reason. When comparing tigers and lions it has been for me always interesting to see their behavioral differences, physically they are after all both felines, one with mane and another with stripes. When really needed, both are able to perform outstanding physically. Lions just seem to "hide" it more than tigers.

When looking at many videos in this thread, I think too, that maybe there should be separate thread for interactions with real fights (at least one aggressive animal there) and another for cubs or adults just playing with each others. Playing is, imo, with no value when looking at situations, in which animals are aggressive and serious. Like in this video, tiger was playful, while lion was indifferent.  Like comparing two children, one tired going to sleep and another one just woken up with full of energy. Which one might look more agile.... :)

I don´t care which one is more agile, tiger or lion. What I care is, that when comparing it should be made in fair way. Understanding also how motivated people or animals (in comparison) are in different occasions.
5 users Like Shadow's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Male tiger and male lion interaction

Bigcat Enthusiast

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Several Interactions

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

There is lot of lion fan as well which have such compilation where tiger being chased away by lions
1 user Likes sanjay's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(02-02-2020, 01:38 PM)sanjay Wrote: There is lot of lion fan as well which have such compilation where tiger being chased away by lions

Lately many fanboy editions posted here made by both, tiger- and lion fanboys. When finding something new from them, it might be worth to try to find the original footage before some fanboy has edited it with a lot of unnecessary talking and writing on video. Those parts are waste of space and time.
1 user Likes Shadow's post