There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Lion and Tiger Fight Interaction in Zoo, Circus or Any Other Captive Places

China Betty Offline

(01-26-2019, 12:15 PM)sanjay Wrote: Here Lion is in fighting mode and seen little bit annoyed of something

(01-26-2019, 12:17 PM)sanjay Wrote: This seems little bit serious.

(01-26-2019, 12:48 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 12:04 PM)sanjay Wrote: I have seen several video over YouTube, Facebook and some other places where Lion and tiger fight with each other to an serious extent. Many of us have strong desire to know what happen when these 2 supreme carnivora fight with each other. In wild it is not possible but many zoos, circus and other human built encoulser keep them in same place. We have seen so many images and videos of them playing together and little bit skirmishes between them.

In this thread we will try to place all videos and images which clearly show fight between them.

Before you made a mind to write here read these rules:
1. No hypothetical vs debate.
2. Talk only about captive animal encounters, no need to take out the conclusion of their wild counter part.
3. Since these are captive animals and we don't know the condition of individuals so we can not say one is superior to other.

So, lets fill this thread with these type of videos and Images.

Want me to move the lot here?
Right now they are scattered over 2 threads...

They should separate those two BTW. It's not looking like a playfights anymore.
This video was taken at Qinling Wild-life Zoo (Xi'an),African lions and Siberian tigers are all 3 years old and male lions are in estrus. 

2 users Like Betty's post

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

I would like to point out that about a decade ago, I was living in Florida. My neighbor had a big black male Doberman and I had a big faun male boxer. They often enjoyed play-fights. When they did, the Doberman was always top-dog. But that changed one day when someone tossed a chicken drumstick into the yard where the dogs were playing. I had a difficult time pulling Hero, my boxer off of Prince, the Doberman.
2 users Like brotherbear's post

China Betty Offline

The six videos you released are all from the Xi'an Zoo,The two big cats in the battle are the same, the African male lion is in estrus, and the temper suddenly becomes violent. Three of the videos were taken on the same day. The photographer was a Lion fan of the China Forum, His job is the zoo's breeder, who specializes in feeding African lions.
3 users Like Betty's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Thanks for the info @Betty, Its nice to see you after long time.
1 user Likes sanjay's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Back in the day the T. VS L. fanboys used to claim any Tiger vs Lion interaction was Everland, so don't mind the Title of the first video,

but as you can see, these 3 are actually from the Caney Kansas Zoo and they had 3 very different interactions 

Just goes to show any Cat can go from dominant to not dominant and vice versa, especially in captivity where there is no real way to gain the experience and become a confident combatant, so most of the time the Cats need to figure out their place and it changes form time to time, this even happens in the wild too.

3 users Like Pckts's post

China Betty Offline

(01-26-2019, 11:43 PM)sanjay Wrote: Thanks for the info @Betty, Its nice to see you after long time.

Thank you, I have been busy with work for a long time last year. My friend gave me a lot of videos about the struggle between captive lions and tigers, I will upload the video later.
2 users Like Betty's post

Sanju Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-29-2019, 09:59 AM by Sanju )

Look at the second Tiger size...

Luxembourg Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Another one... Always from China, but I like the commentator, neutral and fair, I think...

3 users Like Spalea's post

Sanju Offline

(01-29-2019, 04:09 PM)Spalea Wrote: Another one... Always from China, but I like the commentator, neutral and fair, I think...
I don't know about the intensity of his sentences in Mandarin (its Primary language of China, there is no language called "Chinese", it is the people of china called Chinese) but in the subtitles, his words are sooo kind and well mannered... Hence, I subscribed Grin
1 user Likes Sanju's post

Sanju Offline

Sanju Offline

2 users Like Sanju's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(02-12-2019, 12:52 PM)Sanju Wrote:

Heh, I have to admit, that I laughed when watching this even though I would prefer never to see this happen in zoo. But the way how that lioness came and then dragged the tiger, it was in some way comical :) Hopefully they didn´t kill that tiger though.
1 user Likes Shadow's post

Sanju Offline

(02-12-2019, 03:40 PM)Shadow Wrote: Hopefully they didn´t kill that tiger though.
They can't I think, it's too difficult.

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(02-12-2019, 03:42 PM)Sanju Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 03:40 PM)Shadow Wrote: Hopefully they didn´t kill that tiger though.
They can't I think, it's too difficult.

Sometimes one swipe does it, sometimes they can fight a long time and nothing too serious. You never know when it goes to serious, that how it ends. But as said, hopefully this case ended good.

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast