There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Lion and Tiger Fight Interaction in Zoo, Circus or Any Other Captive Places

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

(08-14-2020, 01:10 AM)Shadow Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 07:27 PM)Spalea Wrote: @Shadow :

About #174: agree with you and I just would add that in wild fights between male lions of different prides are much more serious in case of territory question than the fights within the same pride because of the lionesses in heat. Because in this last case the males of the same pride rule together over the same territory. And the territory questions always prevail over the "lionesses in heat" questions.

This lion and this tiger having been breed together have learnt to interact in the same enclosure. Because of a single lioness in heat, the tiger becomes a male a little bit too curious for the male lion, but it remains a problem inside the same pride  - male lion, lionesses and male tiger -, thus not a very serious conflict. Of course the male lion is able to perceive that this male tiger woluld be a huge opponent, and the small fight is already stopped. But over and over again this male lion like the dominant male of a pride will always prevent the tiger to come too close to the lioness.

I didn´t bring in anything about territorial fights because mentioning irrelevant things in wrong context often create confusion, when some people misunderstand by mistake or on purpose and then discussions go to weird directions. Keeping it simple is often better.

Anyway in lion prides situations are often clear or made clear quite quickly. Then again fights can be surprisingly fierce even between brothers if there is challenge when mating season. Like some famous fights among Mapogos have shown if seeking examples. Still those are usually over soon, one brawl and that´s it. Dominant one can go back maybe once again just to be sure, that message was delivered. 

When looking at this lion and tiger I think, that even though this tiger and lion have been raised together, here can be seen that despite it, they are different species and it can cause extra brawls. What would be clear for another lion, what comes to behaving in lion coalition and pride, can be odd for a tiger causing difficulties. Even though captive, both have evolved to have somewhat different mentality and behavior "models". If that tiger would be another male lion, I don´t think that there would be that many brawls, message would be delivered and understood way easier. 

I think, that this tiger understood message partially though and didn´t try to challenge the lion too much. If not so, fight would have developed fast to way more serious. One interesting thing to think is, that how much influence close relationship between these two might have had. I don´t see either one to put all in at any point even though some harsh swipes etc. Like both trying to understand each others as much as they can. With some other lion and tiger there it could have ended up badly.
yea good summary was thinking pretty much the same
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

Malaysia scilover Offline

i would say i don't prefer that the lion and tiger in the zoo. cause I think they will be sophisticated in there rather than zoo, it is because zoo prepared the same as their nature to live in.

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Tigress teases the male lion

1 user Likes Apollo's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-27-2020, 10:05 AM by Rishi )

Tiger and lion interaction.
Look at the thickness of the tiger's forelimbs compared to lion.

1 user Likes Apollo's post

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

(08-19-2020, 03:07 PM)Apollo Wrote: Tiger and lion interaction.
No wonder tigers are the most powerful cats in the world.

What a tremendous fight ! I'm joking...

Yes, agree with you tiger has the thickest forelimbs among all big cats, for sure they are perhaps, even probably, the most powerful cats on the world. But it is'nt enough to win every fight. Recent news are there to prove it.

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

1 user Likes Rage2277's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 05:48 AM by Shadow )

(08-19-2020, 03:25 PM)Spalea Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 03:07 PM)Apollo Wrote: Tiger and lion interaction.
No wonder tigers are the most powerful cats in the world.

What a tremendous fight ! I'm joking...

Yes, agree with you tiger has the thickest forelimbs among all big cats, for sure they are perhaps, even probably, the most powerful cats on the world. But it is'nt enough to win every fight. Recent news are there to prove it.

This strength question rises up time to time and of course big cat strength thread is for it. I have never seen anything proving, that tiger would have stronger muscles than a lion. And when knowing size overlap, it´s no wonder, that it can be debated. Put there a lion and tiger with equal weights and I couldn´t say which one is stronger overall. And I doubt that anyone else could say it either. One can have some stronger point than another, but overall... both are capable to kill alone very big prey animals. Lions  can be seen often "wrestling" partially with animals weighing 500-1000 kg. So it´s clear, that when lion and tiger fight together, both are kind of light weight to move around for each others. If a lion is over a tiger, it can "throw" lion away and lion can do easily same to the tiger. Neither one can really overpower another just like that, which can be seen in many cases. 

It can be, that tigers have a bit stronger forelimbs, but I´ve never seen anything indicating, that they would be stronger overall than lions. Big tiger is for sure stronger than a small lion, but then again a big lion is without a doubt stronger than smaller tiger. This lion is overall quite robust even though it has bad hindlegs. It can be even stronger of these two, but I don´t dare to claim so as I would know it. Too close call these two, imo.

Anyway if there is will to talk about strength, there is that big cat strength thread.
1 user Likes Shadow's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

(08-10-2020, 02:30 PM)sanjay Wrote: Again, new video of the same Duo. This time I think tiger has edge. And it was more serious.

So the lioness tried to castrate the lion...interesting...

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Having discovered that, ie the daily life within "Safari", the only one park in the world where 30 African lions and 30 Bengal tigers have been living together for 28 years (1992) inside a 8000 pyong area (a pyong is approximatively 3,3 m2). Of course we can see on Youtube numerous short sequences of interaction between these big cats on youtube in the original version with some sound and laugh effects (it sounds quite thumb, I think). Perhaps this account mentionning the lions and tigers leaders through the years could bring an othher lighting over this place...

For those who could be interested:

https://translate.google.com/translate?h...rev=search

DrZapxX Offline

Tiger vs two lions in a Guatemala circus 2020

The lions and the tigers were clawless, Tanya and Tarzan two lions fought a fighting tiger, Tanya had scars on her face while Tarzan's lip were torn and broke his tooth

*This image is copyright of its original author

https://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsan...sanctuary/
https://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsan...cus-lions/
https://www.stopcircussuffering.com/unca...sanctuary/
https://www.sapeople.com/2020/01/13/lovi...th-africa/
https://shareably.net/rescued-circus-lions-touch-grass/
https://www.picuki.com/media/2233742752343029393

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

1 user Likes Pckts's post

Tryormaster Offline
New Join

It obvious that different cats excel at different muscle groups, both interspecifically and intraspecifically depending of the type of prey and terrain!

Egypt Mohaned Offline
New Join
( This post was last modified: 08-14-2023, 04:24 AM by BA0701 )

(01-26-2019, 12:05 PM)sanjay Wrote: I will start the latest video, I saw on YouTube. Its Kind of serious fight between two prime males. And both seems to be healthy and good.

Ok am gonna stop you right there. This lion/lions are asiatic lions also that male has been in multiple fights with this larger tiger. The male has a deformed leg as counter strike and manny YouTubers have said and I can send you 200+ photos and evidence from ancient times and the 80s 90s that prove the lion won more. I don’t know how to send photos here but I can send you my evidence on discord

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-13-2023, 11:04 PM)Mohaned Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 12:05 PM)sanjay Wrote: I will start the latest video, I saw on YouTube. Its Kind of serious fight between two prime males. And both seems to be healthy and good.

Ok am gonna stop you right there. This lion/lions are asiatic lions also that male has been in multiple fights with this larger tiger. The male has a deformed leg as counter strike and manny YouTubers have said and I can send you 200+ photos and evidence from ancient times and the 80s 90s that prove the lion won more. I don’t know how to send photos here but I can send you my evidence on discord

Perhaps this link can help you in knowing how to post images. Also, do not advertise your accounts from other sites. The OP you are replying to is 4.5 years old. If I can suggest, you should probably browse the main page, to have a better understanding of forum rules along with many helpful hints and tutorials.

How to upload images

Egypt Mohaned Offline
New Join

(08-14-2023, 04:28 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(08-13-2023, 11:04 PM)Mohaned Wrote:

Perhaps this link can help you in knowing how to post images. Also, do not advertise your accounts from other sites. The OP you are replying to is 4.5 years old. If I can suggest, you should probably browse the main page, to have a better understanding of forum rules along with many helpful hints and tutorials.

How to upload images

Damn 4 years ago I just. Searched lionvtiger and am not promoting it on purpose am not famous in any way I just don’t know how to send photos etc so I said add me there so I can send them to you