There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Large male tigers from India (Videos Only)

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

Royal Bengal Tiger Marking His territories At Kaziranga National Park
6 users Like Rage2277's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

(06-23-2021, 11:07 AM)Rage2277 Wrote:
Royal Bengal Tiger Marking His territories At Kaziranga National Park

Kaziranga tigers are like Llanos jaguars to me, so stunning, big, and yet so difficult to see. This male is one of the most beautiful tigers I've seen.
1 user Likes Balam's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-24-2021, 01:51 AM by Ashutosh )

Bandhavgarh.

1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

3 users Like Pckts's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-25-2021, 12:54 AM by Ashutosh )

Bheem from a week ago, has expanded his territory in Tala. Swipe left for video.

Umarpani male, Kanha.

T1, Mystery Chorbahuli male, Pench.

3 users Like Ashutosh's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-25-2021, 12:43 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: Bheem from a week ago, has expanded his territory in Tala. Swipe left for video.

Umarpani male, Kanha.

Uma showing his age, Bheem surprising doesn't look half bad.

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

(06-25-2021, 01:07 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 12:43 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: Bheem from a week ago, has expanded his territory in Tala. Swipe left for video.

Umarpani male, Kanha.

Uma showing his age, Bheem surprising doesn't look half bad.
Put down Bamerason twice (Bamerason would have most likely died if the Forest Department didn’t intervene) and is now expanding his territory in Tala. Even if it’s his last stand, he is going to be the dominant one right till the end. Also, learnt that Bheem is 14 not 12 as commonly believed.
2 users Like Ashutosh's post

United States tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

Given his age and very long body, is Bheem one of the larger tigers out there today? I've read photographers mentioning his extreme size but this is all very relative and subjective to their experiences.

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-25-2021, 02:10 PM by Ashutosh )

@tigerluver, I am a big fan of his (very little to do with his size, everything to do with his rage and bad temper even by tiger standards), so my opinion should very well come with a  caveat. 

I was sceptical at the beginning in 2015 when I first saw him. But, his fight with Jobhi clinched it for me. He outsized Jobhi significantly. Jobhi was aged 8 and in his prime and yet Bheem was taller, longer and bulkier than him and it cost Jobhi an eye. By the way, his brother Mangu is nearly as massive but Bheem’s dominant attitude really stood out in Bandhavgarh when his territory extended from Dhamokar Buffer throughout entirety of Khitauli and into Magdhi core encompassing 6 females (that I know of). Today, that same territory is held by 5 different individuals. 

He came from the core zone into Khitauli in 2015, so we have no idea about his sons, daughters before that. He is fondly called “road barabar male” in Bandhavgarh at times which translates to a male who covers the entire width of the road.

He is not a huge tiger anymore, as you can see his muscle loss. But, there is no doubt, he was one of the largest males from Central Indian Reserves for a good 5-6 years.

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan

5 users Like Charger01's post

Animal admirer & Vegan

1 user Likes Charger01's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-30-2021, 11:55 PM)Khan85 Wrote:

Looks a lot like Bandhavgarh or Kanha
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Animal admirer & Vegan

@Pckts i thought the same… most probably Bandhavgarh
1 user Likes Charger01's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-01-2021, 03:15 AM by Ashutosh )

Bajrang, Bandhavgarh.

2 users Like Ashutosh's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-08-2021, 11:33 PM by Ashutosh )

L mark, Pench.

Tadoba male 

Satpura male

Balwan, Kanha.