There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Large male tigers from India (Videos Only)

Greatearth Offline
Banned

Roflcopters
Disagree. How often T3 had fight with other male tigers for territory and females? Would T3 had 40 cubs if he lived in Pench? That's dubious for me since he would have to fight with Raiyakassa, BMW, Mystery tiger, L-mark tiger, and many other male tigers in Pench.
Tigers were already gone in Panna in 2009. T3 was a solo male (and 2 females besides another male is nothing more than a heaven) for a long time until his male cubs got old. He probably never had other male competitors that are not related to him after he came to Panna. Since Panna had many space for tigers, there was also less fight for territory when cubs became adult too.
1 user Likes Greatearth's post

Ashutosh Online
Contributor

@Greatearth, I agree that T3 didn’t have any competition. But, you are ignoring another major fact. Unlike other parks, he didn’t have numerous mating partners. While T1 and T2 (especially T2) were very fertile, T4 and T5 weren’t. So, he fathered cubs with far lesser number of females. That offsets the competition thing. He did have some competition later on from his own son, P112, who was bigger than him.

You talked about the Sariska boys, right. Remind yourself that ST6 was poisoned within 6 months, which means ST4 had no competition as well. Did he father as many cubs as T3?

Any tiger that weighs 240 kilos at 10 years of age is by no means an average tiger.

Greatearth Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 05-23-2021, 01:21 AM by Greatearth )

Ashutosh
You have your opinion to believe. If T3 is your favorite tiger, then you will side that guy.

Numerous females aren't really major factor compared to competitions. If I see tiger reproduction compared to Sauraha tiger in the 1970s (he took over M102's females without fights thanks to villagers) and tigers in the 1980s in Chitwan. Competitions can affect the most problem besides human interference or prey ratio. I also don't care about viewing great by the number of cubs. Because females can reproduce between either 1 to 5 cubs. It's also dubious if T3 would live long life or had many cubs if department introduced another male like Bheem, BMW, Matkasur, Raiyakassa, and Wagdoh. If T3 stayed in Pench, I am sure you already know he wouldn't do well as he is in Panna. T1 female also mated with few of her male cubs from what I heard. T3 wasn't the only male to increased its population.

As far as I know, Sariska is less suitable than Panna since more disturbance by villagers and other activities. Panna improved a lot with numerous methods after 2009 to success tiger reintroduction.

You are probably confused with ST1. I don't think ST6 is in wild after ST21 won in a territorial fight, but he is still alive. ST1 was the first tiger that was reintroduced from Ranthambore. He didn't had any rival, but he died within 6 months. That's why they brought ST4. ST4 came to Sariska in 2010 (I could be wrong since I don't remember) and ST6 brought to Sariska in 2011. ST4 and ST6 competed each other for their lives after they were reintroduced. ST6 also fought and dismissed his sons if T3's rival was only P112.
You also need to think about T6/Semili male (brother of ST6) was kicked out by Zaalim and Zaalim's sons. Ranthambore has more tigers and more competitions than Sariska and Panna. I don't know what happened to Semili male after he was losing his territory in tourist area. If Semili male was brought to Sariska and ST6 stayed in Ranthambore, why woudln't be the opposite outcome?

T3 is just exceptionally lucky tiger.

So what is the exact size of T3? Some say he is 220kg, some say he is 240kg.

Ashutosh Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-22-2021, 09:41 PM by Ashutosh )

Balwan from March in Kanha. He is coming along nicely.

Very rare footage of M2. Amongst the Mundidadar boys, he is the least seen.

3 users Like Ashutosh's post

Ashutosh Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-25-2021, 10:29 PM by Ashutosh )

Kabini males.

Umarpani, Kanha.

2 users Like Ashutosh's post

Ashutosh Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-27-2021, 10:18 PM by Ashutosh )

Katarniaghat big boy.

4 users Like Ashutosh's post

Ashutosh Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 10:45 PM by Ashutosh )

L mark, Pench.

Ashutosh Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 09:29 PM by Ashutosh )

Chota Bheem, Bandhavgarh.

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-02-2021, 09:28 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: Chota Bheem, Bandhavgarh.

It's a shame that none of his sons inherited his big Ruff.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Ashutosh Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 02:09 AM by Ashutosh )

Only the current batch of his sons, that we know of don’t have ruffs. What they also lack is his massive neck. We have no idea about his cubs before 2017. Muditara male that @Rage2277 mentioned might be his son from early years (he looks just like Bheem and Mangu). He has a decent ruff.

Also, to go along with an impressive ruff, was a massive neck (almost Waghdoh-like):

This is a video from July. His ruff is all year round unlike some males. But, the muscles of his neck and shoulders really stand out:

Even today there is some confusion about his latest litters. We know that Darraha female is raising his new litter. Tara on the other hand has 7 month old cubs, which means they could be fathered by Bheem or Chota Bheem, the timeline is unclear. Damdhama female also has 8 month old cubs. Her litter is most certainly Bheem’s as Chota Bheem was seen in Damdhama canal following the female and she had stashed her cubs away. Whereas, haven’t heard anything about the cubs of Dhamokar female and Bheem where I believe D1 is the new resident male.

Ashutosh Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-08-2021, 02:36 AM by Ashutosh )

This is T1 from Chorbahuli, Pench. Couple of years ago, a video of him trying to cross a highway went viral:

This is him from January, 2021:

Ashutosh Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-09-2021, 11:09 PM by Ashutosh )

Chota Bheem in Khitauli, Bandhavgarh.

Ashutosh Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-10-2021, 07:49 PM by Ashutosh )

Throwback to 2012 to see the massive Bokha, Bandhavgarh. He is 14 years old in this video and still looks huge.

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Chota Bheem

Dhamangaon Male

Umarpani
2 users Like Pckts's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

mamu