There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

*This image is copyright of its original author

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Mohawk4 Offline

7 users Like Mohawk4's post

Switzerland Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

" Three of the Majingilane Lion Coalition watch a herd of buffalo in the distance Filmed in the Sabi Sand Wildtuin, Greater Kruger National Park, South Africa."

Perhaps this video was already on the site, but remaining interesting nevertheless to see how the male lions don't hunt and kill accidentally but, on contrary, are able to plane their chase. Funny to see the second male sitting down exactly in front of the first one...

5 users Like Spalea's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(03-06-2020, 04:54 PM)Spalea Wrote: Perhaps this video was already on the site, but remaining interesting nevertheless to see how the male lions don't hunt and kill accidentally but, on contrary, are able to plane their chase. Funny to see the second male sitting down exactly in front of the first one...

That proud look of Golden Mane, he knows he is the king. I said it before and will again, i dont like these false narratives that GM and HS where less dominant and less value lions in a coalition (well HS was after his 2014 hip injury), this comes from Londolozis blog and documentary which is just false. 

We can see in few videos that GM was first to challenge DM for mating rights, and even beat him, while SN was just watching aside. GM was more dominant then SN, because of that SN went east with Kambulas, while GM and DM stayed west in their core territory with Mhangenis and Othawas.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Switzerland Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

(03-06-2020, 05:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 04:54 PM)Spalea Wrote: Perhaps this video was already on the site, but remaining interesting nevertheless to see how the male lions don't hunt and kill accidentally but, on contrary, are able to plane their chase. Funny to see the second male sitting down exactly in front of the first one...

That proud look of Golden Mane, he knows he is the king. I said it before and will again, i dont like these false narratives that GM and HS where less dominant and less value lions in a coalition (well HS was after his 2014 hip injury), this comes from Londolozis blog and documentary which is just false. 

We can see in few videos that GM was first to challenge DM for mating rights, and even beat him, while SN was just watching aside. GM was more dominant then SN, because of that SN went east with Kambulas, while GM and DM stayed west in their core territory with Mhangenis and Othawas.

OK, good ! You know the whole story of the Majingilane male lions (not I thus bravo !), but I don't believe that a male lion sitting down exactly in front of an other one makes that just to mark his domination. Lions aren't primitive animals but we aren't talking about a Shakespeare's theater performance... As we are speaking about kings (kings of animals, kings of writer's stories), the intrigues at cour aren't exactly at the same level among lions than among men... Joking I'm joking !

More seriously, if this lion chooses to sit down in front of his brother in arms, it's clearly a sheer chance. He hadn't the conscious will to mark his domination. The lions don't premeditate their acts.

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(03-06-2020, 07:20 PM)Spalea Wrote: OK, good ! You know the whole story of the Majingilane male lions (not I thus bravo !), but I don't believe that a male lion sitting down exactly in front of an other one makes that just to mark his domination. Lions aren't primitive animals but we aren't talking about a Shakespeare's theater performance... As we are speaking about kings (kings of animals, kings of writer's stories), the intrigues at cour aren't exactly at the same level among lions than among men... Joking I'm joking !

More seriously, if this lion chooses to sit down in front of his brother in arms, it's clearly a sheer chance. He hadn't the conscious will to mark his domination. The lions don't premeditate their acts.

Im not talking anything from this video, this shows nothing. Im talking overall for Majingilanes.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

There was no sighting of GM beating DM over mating rights ever. Also acording to MalaMala SN was second most dominant after DM (from monthly raport somwhere between 2010 and 2014). What it comes to value for the coalition then ofcourse numbers most important factor in lion warfare and every member counts.

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(03-06-2020, 09:21 PM)Potato Wrote: There was no sighting of GM beating DM over mating rights ever. Also acording to MalaMala SN was second most dominant after DM (from monthly raport somwhere between 2010 and 2014). What it comes to value for the coalition then ofcourse numbers most important factor in lion warfare and every member counts.

First fight that starts around 8:00, GM clearly beat DM, in second fight video after that GM was winning aswell but then he slips and DM gets advantage.

SN in both fights just watching, if he was more dominant then GM he would be fighting for mating rights first.

GM might not be that strong in early days of Majingilanes, but in their older days he was a beast.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

I think it is one, same fight and DM comes on top of it. I do not know why SN didn't join. Possibly he didn't want to challange DM or simply he already mate with this female and wasn't so much intrested in her anymore.

Mohawk4 Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-07-2020, 12:25 AM by Mohawk4 )

2 of my favourite video....Best video tribute to GM

@Spalea The lion who sits in front of Golden Mane is Hip Scar

Golden Mane is the most underrated Majingilane....Always in front in the battles
DM was the most dominant in the coalition but domination change from time to time and depends from the circumstances the physical conditions etc....
ScarNose was the biggest among them and he spend 2 months alone in the East(More difficult area than the west)
1 user Likes Mohawk4's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

" domination change from time to time and depends from the circumstances the physical conditions etc"

Overally yes, althrough Majingilanes were coalition of males of same age and in the same top condition through the years of their rule (beside HS) so there is nothink really what could change hierarchy in coalition through years.

Mohawk4 Offline

(03-07-2020, 12:32 AM)Potato Wrote: " domination change from time to time and depends from the circumstances the physical conditions etc"

Overally yes, althrough Majingilanes were coalition of males of same age and in the same top condition through the years of their rule (beside HS) so there is nothink really what could change hierarchy in coalition through years.

I wrote in generally not for Majingilane but there are examples in mating rights or in the feeding that the male we were thinking as dominant steps back....

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

Majingalane Lions Bloodline 
6 users Like sik94's post

Mohawk4 Offline

The Mighty Majingilane Male Lions & The Othawa pride with Cubs

5 users Like Mohawk4's post

Mohawk4 Offline

ScarNose the Tank of Majingilane

10 users Like Mohawk4's post