There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

Pbonz i think when majingilanes arrived roaring toward mapogos position KT and T had different feelings. KT probably was confident with the morning victory but T noticed that the game change and got worried with four Lions coming. So KT launch the attack first and T was hesitant. T was right as they were very outnumbered in the night. KT was wrong and underestimated the enemies. He payed a high price by his mistake. Thats what i think the reason KT didn't retreated that night. 
4 users Like T Rabbit's post

Australia Herekitty Offline

The Dark Lord. Image by Nick du Plessis, posted November 2, 2018

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Herekitty's post

France Silver60 Offline

I watched a video about this famous night when Kinky Tail was killed by majingilanes. They follow the pair during the night. KT is described as the dominant male. It sounds strange because he's often presented as Mr T bodyguard. 
But in the video he is by far the most furious, chasing the majingilane. T looked really less angry !
But to rush them was really a bad idea, we know the outcome. Dark Mane was a master, he saw the opportunity and took it. 

I remeber another video : the pair meet tourists, T was very shy and cautious but KT just did not care at all. This lion was maybe really totally fearless ... 

Years later, it was T who decided to stand his ground against Selati males while Mak and PB prefered to vanish, maybe the explanation is about who is in charge. Maybe because the boss is the one who is full of confidence or maybe who has the most to lose.
1 user Likes Silver60's post

Mohawk4 Offline

Hear Me Roar...
RIP boys!

Credits to Rich Laburn of North Pride Male Productions for Londolozi Game Reserve

5 users Like Mohawk4's post

Hip scar. One of the four famous Majingaline Coalition as they walked towards me on a wet drizzly afternoon in the Sabi Sands Inyati. Image by Irene Nathanson, 2017.

7 users Like Herekitty's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-20-2018, 11:27 AM by Rishi )

The last moments of golden mane majingilane. 

5 users Like T Rabbit's post

South Africa HouseOfLions Offline

(11-10-2018, 08:13 AM)T Rabbit Wrote: Pbonz i think when majingilanes arrived roaring toward mapogos position KT and T had different feelings. KT probably was confident with the morning victory but T noticed that the game change and got worried with four Lions coming. So KT launch the attack first and T was hesitant. T was right as they were very outnumbered in the night. KT was wrong and underestimated the enemies. He payed a high price by his mistake. Thats what i think the reason KT didn't retreated that night. 
T was not hesitant. There is proof that they were both chasing the manginjis away that night. They were chasing them away, even when they were outnumbered.

We don't know why he didn't follow up but when he kinky was getting killed, he came and attacked them, even when it was 1 vs 4. That is not a lion who was worried about fighting or dying.
1 user Likes HouseOfLions's post

(11-13-2018, 10:39 PM)Silver60 Wrote: I watched a video about this famous night when Kinky Tail was killed by majingilanes. They follow the pair during the night. KT is described as the dominant male. It sounds strange because he's often presented as Mr T bodyguard. 
But in the video he is by far the most furious, chasing the majingilane. T looked really less angry !
But to rush them was really a bad idea, we know the outcome. Dark Mane was a master, he saw the opportunity and took it. 

I remeber another video : the pair meet tourists, T was very shy and cautious but KT just did not care at all. This lion was maybe really totally fearless ... 

Years later, it was T who decided to stand his ground against Selati males while Mak and PB prefered to vanish, maybe the explanation is about who is in charge. Maybe because the boss is the one who is full of confidence or maybe who has the most to lose.
KT was not described as the dominant male. T was always the dominant male and every ranger who say them said that. T won over kinky more. There are many reports when T was the one seen charging at lions, with Kinky only following later after.

At the beginning of that chase, both were chasing the manginjis away. T probably stopped because he saw they were running away and most of the time, that is enough. But yes, both kinky and T were fearless and their record number shows that.

Did you know, after kinky's death, TG faced the 4 manginjis by himself again. All alone in a 1 vs 4 like kinky.

Mohawk4 Offline

Beautiful Golden Mane/3Tooth by Marlon Du Toit at Singita

Dark Mane by Stu Porter for Photographic Safaris

Scar Nose by Tally Smith

5 users Like Mohawk4's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-23-2018, 01:41 AM)AbcXyz Wrote: Mr. T ripped nose says something else about domination inside the Mlowathis coalition.

Although I'm also of the opinion that it was the other way around, MalaMala reserve did explicitely said Mr.T was the more dominant of the two. 

Since none of us was there, we have to take their word for it.

(11-23-2018, 01:41 AM)AbcXyz Wrote: Anyway, Mr. T escaping from Majingilanes attack on Tsalalas, after KT's death, is far from "1 vs 4 like kinky".

Agreed. 

But for the future, please try to refrain from the taunting bits like what followed the phrase, otherwise the thread turns into a lunch room fight and it's a mess.

Instead, what is opinion can remain that way, and we leave it at that without fighting.

A video and photo of the Dark Boss by Rob the Ranger.

5 users Like Herekitty's post

(11-23-2018, 01:41 AM)AbcXyz Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 06:56 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 10:39 PM)Silver60 Wrote: I watched a video about this famous night when Kinky Tail was killed by majingilanes. They follow the pair during the night. KT is described as the dominant male. It sounds strange because he's often presented as Mr T bodyguard. 

KT was not described as the dominant male. T was always the dominant male and every ranger who say them said that. T won over kinky more. There are many reports when T was the one seen charging at lions, with Kinky only following later after.

At the beginning of that chase, both were chasing the manginjis away. T probably stopped because he saw they were running away and most of the time, that is enough. But yes, both kinky and T were fearless and their record number shows that.

Did you know, after kinky's death, TG faced the 4 manginjis by himself again. All alone in a 1 vs 4 like kinky.

Mr. T ripped nose says something else about domination inside the Mlowathis coalition. Anyway, Mr. T escaping from Majingilanes attack on Tsalalas, after KT's death, is far from "1 vs 4 like kinky".
Having a ripped nose does not mean he didn't win the fight. Lions get injured all the time, all that matters is that he WON that fight.

Did you not hear what the rangers said about T???? He fought them and was injured by them. He was seen limping while going back west. If he just engaged them for a bit and retreated, he wouldn't have gotten that limp and looked injured. So yes, he did fight them in a 1 vs 4.

The only difference is that kinky got killed while T didn't.

France Silver60 Offline

I know T is often presented as the boss and KT his henchman. But not in the video I spoke about. I will try to put my hand on it again and share.
When you watch them before the final fight you can see T and KT were in a different mood that night. KT really wanted the fight. T not so much I think.
I love both coalitions, but what is disturbing about Mapogos is that there are too much fantasy around. Sure they were great lions, but not god lions. They won fights by outnumbering their rivals since they were a big coalition of 6. The size of the group is the key factor.
1 user Likes Silver60's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-23-2018, 06:00 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote: Did you not hear what the rangers said about T???? He fought them and was injured by them. He was seen limping while going back west. If he just engaged them for a bit and retreated, he wouldn't have gotten that limp and looked injured. So yes, he did fight them in a 1 vs 4.

(11-24-2018, 02:18 AM)AbcXyz Wrote: I didn't hear any ranger saying that Mr. T fought again the Majingilanes in 1 vs 4. Instead I heard that "Mr. T was slightly injured and ran west to join up with his four coalition brothers."

I hope that this doesn't turn into a "Mapogo thread 2", otherwise you are going to have to read my last post there and apply it here.

Now, this is what the reports actually say:

Lion Warfare – An Update: By Rich Laburn, July 1, 2010.

Quote:29 June – Mohawk Male (Satan) was seen with slight injuries in the river. He appeared to be heading north possibly to link up with the females.

29 June – The 4 new males from the Kruger were seen for the first time at Londolozi moving west across Marthly.  That night Mohawk Male was seen and heard roaring at Ximpalapala.  Not even 2km away the 4 males heard him and started roaring back.  Rangers stuck with them and the 4 headed west but so did Mohawk Male head west avoiding conflict.

30 June – In the morning there were tracks of at least 2 males seemingly chasing Mohawk Male west across our boundary.  The report from our western neighbor was that Mohawk Male (Satan) joined up with 3 other Mapogo on a Buffalo kill.

This alone should be enough to settle it.

( This post was last modified: 11-24-2018, 07:56 PM by Tshokwane )

(11-24-2018, 02:18 AM)AbcXyz Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 06:00 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 01:41 AM)AbcXyz Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 06:56 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote:

Mr. T ripped nose says something else about domination inside the Mlowathis coalition. Anyway, Mr. T escaping from Majingilanes attack on Tsalalas, after KT's death, is far from "1 vs 4 like kinky".
Having a ripped nose does not mean he didn't win the fight. Lions get injured all the time, all that matters is that he WON that fight.

Did you not hear what the rangers said about T???? He fought them and was injured by them. He was seen limping while going back west. If he just engaged them for a bit and retreated, he wouldn't have gotten that limp and looked injured. So yes, he did fight them in a 1 vs 4.

The only difference is that kinky got killed while T didn't.

Show me the proof that he did win that fight.

I didn't hear any ranger saying that Mr. T fought again the Majingilanes in 1 vs 4. Instead I heard that "Mr. T was slightly injured and ran west to join up with his four coalition brothers." I also heard Rundle's opinion: "Quite frankly I never thought Mr T had it in him."
He won that fight as he was seen mating with the female while Kinky had a massive cut across his nose.