There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Blondie Renosterkoppies :

Photo Credits : gabs_wildlifephotography

*This image is copyright of its original author

Somebody said already that he reminds us of Othawa male, i definitely agree.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-24-2022, 10:50 PM by Tr1x24 )

That male on H1-2 (Imbali #3) , its confirmed that he was seen with 2 other males near Leeupan, so he indeed is from Imbali pride and with his 2 brothers, they are dominant on H1-2 road between Mantimahle Dam and Leeupan :

Photo Credits : Africa thru my Lens

Its not out of possibility that Imbali male #4, who was seen with another male on H10 is still with them (Leeupan is not that far from H10), infact, that unknown male might also be their brother/partner.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(01-24-2022, 10:43 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: That male on H1-2 (Imbali #3) , its confirmed that he was seen with 2 other males near Leeupan, so he indeed is from Imbali pride and with his 2 brothers, they are dominant on H1-2 road between Mantimahle Dam and Leeupan :

Photo Credits : Africa thru my Lens

Its not out of possibility that Imbali male #4, who was seen with another male on H10 is still with them (Leeupan is not that far from H10), infact, that unknown male might also be their brother/partner.

Shame that the Imbali pride used to live in Kruger with Mluwathi males and we couldn’t get a lot sightings of them. If all 5 males are indeed part of the same coalition, they will be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years.
4 users Like Mdz123's post

germanguyknp Offline
New Join

Can anyone tell me about the coalition of 6 males I saw on S1 last December? 3 young one, 2 in their prime, 1 old guy.
2 users Like germanguyknp's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(01-24-2022, 04:51 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: The guys with Old Lubyelubye are different. They maybe part of those 5 young males from Gomondwane area. Not entirely sure. Old Lubyelubye lost lubye pride in 2016 and went South North of h5 in h4-2 and had another pride. He was seen seen with young ones. Not sure what happened to those guys either.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9fDZvcBpAa/..._copy_link

the 5 young males from Gomondwane area.who are they father by the 5 Gomondwane males?
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-25-2022, 03:12 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote: the 5 young males from Gomondwane area.who are they father by the 5 Gomondwane males?

No, not sure who would be dominant males of Gomondwane pride at that time, after Old Gomondwanes, @Brahimlegend? 

Current Gomondwane males came from Gomondwane pride, they dont control it.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Is the rockfig male still around?
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(01-25-2022, 04:00 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Is the rockfig male still around?

Yeah still doing fine with Senior Mbiri
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-25-2022, 04:27 AM by Mdz123 )

1/3 Mjejane males
Credits: Ruan Minaar

7 users Like Mdz123's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@Tonpa haven't seen Rockfig in a while
2 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@Tr1x24 Not sure seems like even the guides don't know. I did some research before trying to figure it out when I first saw those 5 boys together but only possible conclusions were the 2 Tshokwane males. Problem is that pride has breakaways and splits which causes major confusion to people who see them. So it is hard to identify which part belongs to whom
2 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@germanguyknp That should be the Pretoriuskop male with his sons/partners. Did the oldest one have a heavily scarred face?
1 user Likes Brahim's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-25-2022, 05:03 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: @Tr1x24 Not sure seems like even the guides don't know. I did some research before trying to figure it out when I first saw those 5 boys together but only possible conclusions were the 2 Tshokwane males. Problem is that pride has breakaways and splits which causes major confusion to people who see them. So it is hard to identify which part belongs to whom

Not sure if Tshokwanes ever controled Gomondwane pride (they might) , we know they are/where pride males of Lower Sabie pride on s137, also not sure how long are they dominant, they are atleast 3 yrs as far as i know, but those young males are prob older.

Maybe H4/s28 males, Mohawk and Vurhami, they where dominant in the area before Tshokwane males.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Not sure about S28 males thought they were more near Duke on s28 before. Not sure how long tshokwane males have been dominant there for but they were the main ones around there. Before them was maybe Shishangeni males didn't they take Gomondwane pride last
1 user Likes Brahim's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

This unknown H10 guy again:

He was seen with his partner (apperantly Imbali male #4) and female, for which they where competing and mating, near Mlondozi waterhole on H10 :

Photo Credit : Thinus Schoeman 

7 users Like Tr1x24's post