There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

Smudge Nose. Hippo Pools male.
Credit: Adam Reebs

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

Hamilton male doing well. Seen with a few lioness and 4 cubs. Credit: Heila Smit

Here's link for the pics of the pride. https://www.instagram.com/p/CZGRj0TK_SF/...=copy_link

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-26-2022, 02:18 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Nkaya pan males.

Looks like they are now in former Nsemani males territory, on H7 east of Satara and Nsemani Dam, as they prob got pushed away from their former territory around s126/Sweni last year by 3 current Sweni pride males. 

Any info where are Nsemani males now?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Maximus Offline

Nkaya Pan males have been in Nsemani area since November. Charlie Everseen has photo of Split nose with bite marks on his back and was without his coalition brother.
3 users Like Maximus's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(01-26-2022, 07:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Looks like they are now in former Nsemani males territory, on H7 east of Satara and Nsemani Dam, as they prob got pushed away from their former territory around s126/Sweni last year by 3 current Sweni pride males. 

who father the 3  Sweni pride males. you their origins?
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(01-26-2022, 07:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

the Nsemani males and rockfig male are strong males you think they got push out there pride was pretty big and they had couple subs 
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(11-06-2021, 05:42 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

(01-27-2022, 12:38 AM)Maximus Wrote: Nkaya Pan males have been in Nsemani area since November. Charlie Everseen has photo of Split nose with bite marks on his back and was without his coalition brother.

I would think the pic from Charlie is not recent since he’s now back in Italy.
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

Maximus Offline

The picture is from November. I know he is in Italy. Everseen and I were messaging about his pictures prior to him posting the photo. He also told me he has thousands of photos of lions from various reserves. To many to post.Everseen took the photos when he went rob Satara to photograph Casper and his brothers.
2 users Like Maximus's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-27-2022, 11:56 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote: who father the 3  Sweni pride males. you their origins?

Not known who they are.

I think they might be this 3 males seen in Mluwati Concession in early 2020, which is not far away from their territory, also they are similar, 2 older, dark maned males and 1 younger, blonde one, Imbali Safari Lodge said that this males are from Imbali pride (prob older brothers of Imbali males south on H1-2).

*This image is copyright of its original author

But yea, its just my speculation, as photo is too low of a quality to compare whiskers.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-27-2022, 06:34 PM)Maximus Wrote: The picture is from November. I know he is in Italy. Everseen and I were messaging about his pictures prior to him posting the photo. He also told me he has thousands of photos of lions from various reserves. To many to post.Everseen took the photos when he went rob Satara to photograph Casper and his brothers.

Yea, Nkaya Pan males started moving north as 3 Sweni pride males moved into their area around s126 and Sweni waterhole, which happened around mid 2021.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 08:15 PM by Brahimlegend )

Berg en Dal. Young Jock male
Credit: Adam Zimmerman

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 07:32 AM by Mdz123 )

Biyamiti pride, currently dominated by Mjejane males
Credits: Daniel Zimmerman

6 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 07:38 AM by Mdz123 )

Mjejane male 
Credits: Hanno Erasmus

8 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 07:38 AM by Mdz123 )

Magnificent Mo
Credits: Kingfisher river Lodge

10 users Like Mdz123's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

I forgot to post this but this was taken a couple days ago when you guys asked about them. Weird how things work.

All 3 Mathekenyane males seen near Mpondo Dam.
Credit: Rodney Nombekana

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahimlegend's post