There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Credits to Marianne Kearns.

S65 young males, sons of Big Boy Charleston if I'm not mistaken, they were seen on Shitlhave Dam, south of H1-1 near Pretoriuskop:

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-24-2024, 08:58 AM)Mapokser Wrote: S65 young males, sons of Big Boy Charleston if I'm not mistaken, they were seen on Shitlhave Dam, south of H1-1 near Pretoriuskop:

Those are the ones who where in Sabi Sands not long ago.

They travel quite a distance.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Philippines Redroadmale Offline

plains camp pride 

7 users Like Redroadmale's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

1/3 New guys around Transport Dam recently.
Credit: Elsa Theron de Kock

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

Ngonya Offline

2/5 Kumana young males and a lioness

by Peter Remmer
6 users Like Ngonya's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Biyamiti males:

Awesome shot:

10 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

South Shishangeni seen yesterday few kms from Berg en dal Gate.
Credit: buddy cunanan

Attached Files Image(s)

12 users Like Brahim's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-26-2024, 02:16 AM by Ngonya )

4 male lions in Kruger 
I am not sure who but was thinking Nkhulu males due to manes and physical condition. Any ideas?

by @learnaroundtheworld
7 users Like Ngonya's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

Hard to say, as I only noticed one male sort of limping, with thin hindquarters.  

In my opinion, whatever infected the Nkhulus, probably did so to Dreadlocks, but the older male could not overcome the combo of disease, old age, and injuries as well.  I was hoping he'd be able to hold out for another year or two after the takeover, but he also must have gotten a good dose of whatever the other 6 got.  Very unfortunate for him and the future of these males.
1 user Likes Cath2020's post

Ngonya Offline

(08-26-2024, 04:13 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: Hard to say, as I only noticed one male sort of limping, with thin hindquarters. 
I didnt notice much limping too, but from what i can see most of them have some skinny hindquarters, just like Nkhulus. 
Im not entirely sure but it looks like a a snip tail in the last male at the second part of the footage.

(08-26-2024, 04:13 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: In my opinion, whatever infected the Nkhulus, probably did so to Dreadlocks, but the older male could not overcome the combo of disease, old age, and injuries as well.  I was hoping he'd be able to hold out for another year or two after the takeover, but he also must have gotten a good dose of whatever the other 6 got.  Very unfortunate for him and the future of these males.
Glad the 6 Nkhulus are keeping themselves fairly well, but yeah i think it was too much for a old bruised fella like Dreadlocks. 
He was mauled by Avocas in 2023 and then when looked recovered except for a limp, started losing condition along with the other males. 

Nkhulus should be able to thrive with or without him, six males can hold that area they are rn without much trouble... At least we hope so.
2 users Like Ngonya's post

Luxembourg Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Really an impressive male lion, yes...
Dated from the 25th Auguste 2024.

" Have you ever wondered what a male lion looks like, determined to defend his territory against possible incoming territory lion fights?

This is it!

The old S21 male lion, the larger one of the two, displays peak, prime condition, and this battle ready warrior is expecting danger in this video!

At this specific sighting, he was in gomondwane territory, and these males might very well be the reason we don't see the mighty gomondwane tank anymore.

They are extremely strong, and one specifically, is known for his very aggressive streak!
"
5 users Like Spalea's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

It also looks like Nkhulu to me, Kruger is huge but there are probably not many coalitions of 4+ males in that same condition.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Ngonya Offline

yeah thats the same i thought. Not many big coalitions of 4 or + that are in the same condition as the Nkhukus.

Author said in the comments a fee minutes ago it was recorded at Pretoriuskop area. How far would that be from Nkhulu territory? Is it possible to be them?

If not, who could it be?
2 users Like Ngonya's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@Ngonya Is this recent or old?
1 user Likes Brahim's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(08-26-2024, 02:55 PM)Brahim Wrote: @Ngonya Is this recent or old?

Doesn’t this look like that old sighting of them when they were returned after escaping? Or is my memory plying tricks on me ?
3 users Like criollo2mil's post