There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Romania Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

The question remains asked...

19 juil. 2024

" They don't get any bigger than this Southern Gomondwane Male lion!!

He is becoming an iconic lion the southern kruger park recently, with so many untold stories. After the devastating floods in the Kruger and in South Africa recently(Feb 2023), he has been keeping a low profile in the Gomondwane coalition, and with the entire S25 and S26 territory closed off for repair work, he has become hard to find. He's most definitely the biggest lion in the Kruger National Park, or very close to the biggest! Question is however, who holds up with him in the Kruger Park? Is he bigger than the Leeubron males? Bigger than botswana males?
"
2 users Like Spalea's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 08-02-2024, 07:03 AM by BA0701 )

(08-02-2024, 02:02 AM)Spalea Wrote: The question remains asked...

19 juil. 2024

" They don't get any bigger than this Southern Gomondwane Male lion!!

He is becoming an iconic lion the southern kruger park recently, with so many untold stories. After the devastating floods in the Kruger and in South Africa recently(Feb 2023), he has been keeping a low profile in the Gomondwane coalition, and with the entire S25 and S26 territory closed off for repair work, he has become hard to find. He's most definitely the biggest lion in the Kruger National Park, or very close to the biggest! Question is however, who holds up with him in the Kruger Park? Is he bigger than the Leeubron males? Bigger than botswana males?
"

A question that nobody will ever be able to fully answer, though Tank is a big boy, for sure. It is funny, this guy posts this 13 days ago, and then the guy from Kruger Safari and Beyond, who is often overly dramatic with his titles and commentary, not sure how many times he has had Casper and his brothers on death's doorstep, but he just posted a video on Monday about how Tank has been missing for an extended time, and he fears he is no longer with us.

No idea what to think, as we rarely are ever told exactly when certain videos were recorded.
6 users Like BA0701's post

Australia 1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-02-2024, 05:02 AM by 1999gc8 )

(07-29-2024, 06:15 PM)Brahim Wrote: Plains Camp young male, son of S.Avocas.

"Lion seen on S114 on June 24. It was mating with an easily more beautiful lioness"
Credit: Carlos Marquez

Jesus look at the scars on his face at such a young age. I've never seen so many huge scars all over a lions face.
2 users Like 1999gc8's post

Super Moderator

(08-02-2024, 05:00 AM)1999gc8 Wrote:
(07-29-2024, 06:15 PM)Brahim Wrote: Plains Camp young male, son of S.Avocas.

"Lion seen on S114 on June 24. It was mating with an easily more beautiful lioness"
Credit: Carlos Marquez

Jesus look at the scars on his face at such a young age. I've never seen so many huge scars all over a lions face.

Loonkito's face is the only one I recall looking worse than this young male's, and Loonkito was older when he got those, got them actually fighting in defense of his pride and territory, after the other male had recently killed his brother.
3 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

I think the camera puts a lot of shade and highlights the scratches in a certain way. I bet hell grow out of most of them as he gets older and they'll get harder to see. Oloimina in the Mara had similar injuries after he fought Jesse. You cant even see them anymore. Very cool looking tho!
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Grumpy s21 male at it again:

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-02-2024, 05:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Grumpy s21 male at it again:

He isn’t happy with humans presence lol, he knows something
2 users Like T I N O's post

Super Moderator

(08-02-2024, 12:00 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: I think the camera puts a lot of shade and highlights the scratches in a certain way. I bet hell grow out of most of them as he gets older and they'll get harder to see. Oloimina in the Mara had similar injuries after he fought Jesse. You cant even see them anymore. Very cool looking tho!

Just like the rest of us, in that regard, as we age, the skin softens and weakens, and begins to sag. Just look at the recent video of the Ross Males, I believe it was Fabio that dominated one of the Monwanas, based on the mane alone, but his face, and from that distance, it was impossible for me to tell. But, you see his face now, and he in no way resembles the Fabio of old.

As well as the aforementioned Loonkito, in his later years, you could not tell his face was once shredded, the scars had faded by that time.
3 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

(08-02-2024, 05:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Grumpy s21 male at it again:

Hahaaaaa! I like this guyy here and i love grumpy lions! They always have that fire burning! Hahhaaaa!
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-08-2024, 11:40 PM by Ngonya )

3 young males and 1 female seen at east of Mala Mala in rhino concession in Kruger. Near to what Mala Mala calls the windmill, by Wesley Hill

People are claiming those to be the Fourways female, daughter of Majingilanes, accompanied by 3 Fourways young males.
I am not sure if thats correct, but the first young male do resemble a bit Dark Mane Majingilane

*This image is copyright of its original author

5 users Like Ngonya's post

Portugal Rui Ferreira Offline

(08-08-2024, 11:22 PM)Ngonya Wrote: 3 young males and 1 female seen at east of Mala Mala in rhino concession in Kruger. Near to what Mala Mala calls the windmill, by Wesley Hill

People are claiming those to be the Fourways female, daughter of Majingilanes, accompanied by 3 Fourways young males.
I am sure if thats correct, but the first young male do resemble a bit Dark Mane Majingilane

if they are, who sired these males?
1 user Likes Rui Ferreira's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(08-08-2024, 11:25 PM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:
(08-08-2024, 11:22 PM)Ngonya Wrote: 3 young males and 1 female seen at east of Mala Mala in rhino concession in Kruger. Near to what Mala Mala calls the windmill, by Wesley Hill

I am sure if thats correct, but the first young male do resemble a bit Dark Mane Majingilane

if they are, who sired these males?

Sired by The Kruger Males.
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

United States Go131810 Offline

I am not sure if thats correct, but the first young male do resemble a bit Dark Mane Majingilane

Wow that is really interesting. There is still fourway daughters? Also he might look like the 5th brother? They are big male lions. They remind me of the Nukhuma male lions. They remind me of Ridge nose  son. Are the four ways related to the Nukhuma pride or the Matimbas? Could they be related to the Matimbas? Were the Matimbas ever with the four ways? I am asking because They Ridge nose is a Matimba daughter her son one of them reminds me a bit of Ridge nose son with the Nukhumas. 

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Tank Gomondwane has been missing for months he could be gone
1 user Likes Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Think fourways is just a guess nobody actually knows where those boys come from yet.
1 user Likes Brahim's post