There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Romania Cath2020 Offline

There have been some news about the Maputo Coalition....apparently the duo was driven away by 4/7 Satara Males, and Xai Xai hasn't been seen very recently. 
Maputo was seen heading to Mozambique.  I hope his partner is okay. I'm sad about this turn of events and that we probably won't hear about these boys again.
3 users Like Cath2020's post

Mwk85 Offline

(08-17-2024, 12:28 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Lets not point fingers at Jock guys (or any other ones who deal with these issues), as this problem is really hard to solve in a correct way, and they want best solution, just like us.

We discuss this before, these lions needs to be relocated away from this area, as they are escaping Kruger and are threat to human community near by, where they will be killed or kill someone otherwise.

As for fixing fences, these guys are not responsible for that, yet whole Kruger National Park. Maintaining hundreds km of fences regulary is prob really hard and expensive.

As for relocating north, yes, area proves to be dangerous for lions, but population of lions is very low, so from that standpoint is the best area to relocate lions. You cant just dump 5-10 lions in others lions territory.

I fully understand that at times animals must be moved from one area to another when risks are posed to areas that have a human population in them, and you're right, you can't just put them in another lions territory either. The issue that I, and many others have is why move them to an area that is synonymous with poaching and poisoning of animals? I mean, the Kruger National Park is a significantly sizeable area with undoubtedly far better options to relocate animals to, but for some unknown reason (at least for those of us not in the know) they keep sending animals north knowing full an well that the odds of them surviving there are slim. Just to follow up, I know that poaching, poisoning, snares, and other issues aren't just prevalent to Northern KNP, but it's definitely a hotspot for those issues more so than other areas which leads to people asking reasonable questions.
2 users Like Mwk85's post

United States Mohawk Offline

(09-26-2021, 10:10 PM)lionuk Wrote: Great picture of Ngotso young males. The legacy of Blondie and Vuku is looking really bright. Although Blondie was not around (apparently on honeymoon with another female near Balule) Vuku was present. 

*This image is copyright of its original author
Where are these guys now?
1 user Likes Mohawk's post

Portugal Rui Ferreira Offline

(08-18-2024, 03:11 PM)Mohawk Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 10:10 PM)lionuk Wrote: Great picture of Ngotso young males. The legacy of Blondie and Vuku is looking really bright. Although Blondie was not around (apparently on honeymoon with another female near Balule) Vuku was present. 

Where are these guys now?
All of them got beatiful amber eyes
2 users Like Rui Ferreira's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

All 3 Biyamiti males on night patrol:

Credits: justindphotograph

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

3 Lower Sabie males on H10, near Lower Sabie:

Credits: Exploring Kruger

9 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-18-2024, 10:06 PM by Brahim )

(08-13-2024, 03:00 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote:
(08-11-2024, 03:23 PM)Brahim Wrote: Mjejane males having a stand off with some young males December 2023.
Credit: Ursula celliers

Is it known what came off this??

No not sure who they actually are. Maybe they mpondo sons the breakaways or some unknown youngsters from Biyamiti. But Photographer just said mjejane kept an eye on them and then they left they didn't maul them.
3 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Great news. Vuku, the last Ngotso male seen this week on the S90 with his younger partner, Nkaya pan young male.
instagram.com/j.j.avis

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Brahim's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-18-2024, 05:22 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: 3 Lower Sabie males on H10, near Lower Sabie:

Credits: Exploring Kruger

They are looking in perfect condition. The long-faced Lower Sabie male is something else. What a specimen
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-18-2024, 10:09 PM)Brahim Wrote: Great news. Vuku, the last Ngotso male seen this week on the S90 with his younger partner, Nkaya pan young male.
instagram.com/j.j.avis

Great news! He is looking good despite his age
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

The Last Trichardt male. Dominant over Mananga and the Shish Pride. After the loss of his brother the odds are stacked against him. 3/7 Satara males are close by, 4 unknown males in the North. To the South West he has the Nwanetsi/Old S90/One eye chava coalition. 
instagram.com/emdp_photography

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

1/3 Imbali males. Fourways/Mantimahle/Leeupan pride males.
instagram.com/josemoltedo

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-18-2024, 10:18 PM by Brahim )

3/7 Satara males seen a couple days ago with 5 Lioness from Chava pride. They have driven Maputo and Xai Xai off into Mozambique 
Credit: Katie

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

(08-13-2024, 12:54 AM)NLAL11 Wrote:
(08-11-2024, 03:16 PM)Brahim Wrote: 2/3 S79 males recently, Brothers of Mantimahles. This means all 3 seen recently.
Credit: Alix

Are they brothers of the original 5 or their two sons up north?

Brothers of the original 5
2 users Like Brahim's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-18-2024, 10:18 PM)Brahim Wrote: 3/7 Satara males seen a couple days ago with 5 Lioness from Chava pride. They have driven Maputo and Xai Xai off into Mozambique 
Credit: Katie

Great updates, as always, my friend. Is that one male white, or is it just the lighting? He looks almost white in the pics, and I was not aware there was a white male among the Sataras.
2 users Like BA0701's post