There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-09-2024, 01:17 AM by Ngonya )

Nkuhuma young males in Kruger with a Mantimahle lioness

*This image is copyright of its original author

by @af_en_toe_op_pad
13 users Like Ngonya's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(06-08-2024, 09:11 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Mayambulas have possibly the loudest roars I've ever seen. I still remember watching a video of one of them roaring and thinking "damn, I'm not sure I've ever heard a stronger roar".

The roar of the bigger Mbiri male is something like that
3 users Like T I N O's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

(06-08-2024, 11:10 PM)T I N O Wrote:
(06-08-2024, 09:11 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Mayambulas have possibly the loudest roars I've ever seen. I still remember watching a video of one of them roaring and thinking "damn, I'm not sure I've ever heard a stronger roar".

The roar of the bigger Mbiri male is something like that
Like father like sons?
2 users Like Robot00's post

South Africa Rabubi Offline

(06-08-2024, 10:56 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Nkuhuma young males in Kruger with a Mantimahle lioness

by @af_en_toe_op_pad
Great to see the Nkuhuma males have dispersed further away from their natal pride and deeper into Kruger. They look really good. Here's hoping they successfully takeover the Mantimahle pride
6 users Like Rabubi's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Nkuchuma boys

Yesterday, 8 June 2024 during our safari, we encountered a male lion who appeared lost. He was calling out and marking his territory as he walked along the Tshokwane tar road from the Manzimahledam side. Eventually, he turned south and disappeared into the tall grass.

Later, we reached the Manzimahledam and spotted another male lion calling from the dam wall. It was an amazing sight as he seemed to be searching for his coalition partner. After some time, he picked up the scent of the first lion and began walking in the same direction. We followed him for about 2 km as he tracked through the bush and eventually ended up on the main road next to us.

10 users Like Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(06-09-2024, 11:55 PM)Potato Wrote: Nkuchuma boys

Yesterday, 8 June 2024 during our safari, we encountered a male lion who appeared lost. He was calling out and marking his territory as he walked along the Tshokwane tar road from the Manzimahledam side. Eventually, he turned south and disappeared into the tall grass.

Later, we reached the Manzimahledam and spotted another male lion calling from the dam wall. It was an amazing sight as he seemed to be searching for his coalition partner. After some time, he picked up the scent of the first lion and began walking in the same direction. We followed him for about 2 km as he tracked through the bush and eventually ended up on the main road next to us.

Any word of 3rd brother?

These 2 look amazing, Chela's son might not be as tall and long as RN's son, but he is very muscular and bulky, he reminds me of his uncle, now missing bigger maned S.Avoca.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(06-10-2024, 01:36 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Any word of 3rd brother?

These 2 look amazing, Chela's son might not be as tall and long as RN's son, but he is very muscular and bulky, he reminds me of his uncle, now missing bigger maned S.Avoca.

I even commented on him in the Nkuhuma thread, how much of a tank Chela's son is. Low to the ground, a male lion who is very powerful looking.
4 users Like BA0701's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-10-2024, 09:21 PM by Mapokser )

NK young males are looking like absolute beasts, I'm not surprised Mohawk abandoned them, they were probably too much for him.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Go131810 Offline

(06-10-2024, 01:36 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Any word of 3rd brother?

Was there any news of them splitting up? The young Nukhumas male lions split? I also thought of the same thing. This young male lion looks like the older Southern Avoca male lion. The young Nukhuma male lion reminds me of the Southern Avoca male; he was so beautiful and massive. Is there any chance this young Nukhuma male lion is the son of the Southern Avoca male lion? Maybe the Southern Avoca male lions were around the Nukhuma lionesses before going South?
1 user Likes Go131810's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(06-10-2024, 10:55 AM)Go131810 Wrote: Is there any chance this young Nukhuma male lion is the son of the Southern Avoca male lion? Maybe the Southern Avoca male lions were around the Nukhuma lionesses before going South?

No.

He is Blondie's son.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Nkuhuma young males are looking in excellent shape!
2 users Like T I N O's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

1 of Phabeni males (not sure if recent) :

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

(06-10-2024, 08:02 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: 1 of Phabeni males (not sure if recent) :

Lmfao...those guests wanted to see what a wild animal is like and he showed them. He's like "look at me taking this deuce, take a picture and frame it"
6 users Like Robot00's post

adamstocks16 Offline

Talk about caught in the act lol
1 user Likes adamstocks16's post

Ngonya Offline

The Mohawak Maned Lower Sabie male in H4-2 today, by Neil Rosewall

(correct me if i'm wrong but i am assuming this is 1/3 Lower Sabie males)
5 users Like Ngonya's post