There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

I don't mind predicting the father/mother of a lion once we know for sure which coalition/pride it is, like if the Talamati boys look most like DM out of the 3 Avocas then DM was most likely the father. But I don't like comparing faces of random lions to discern the lineage, humans have much more distinguishable faces than lions and we can barely tell who the parents are with us let alone lions. The rule of thumb should be to not talk about the paternity of lions if we aren't sure of the coalition and the pride they came from, once we atleast have that information, knock yourself out.
3 users Like sik94's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 01:26 PM by DARK MANE )

One gomondwane male was enjoying his meal. Two other partners arrive and then fight starts.
7 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 01:29 PM by DARK MANE )

One eyed biyamati with his pride.
7 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 03:04 PM by Tr1x24 )

(01-29-2023, 11:06 AM)sik94 Wrote: But I don't like comparing faces of random lions to discern the lineage,

Its not "random", i explained my theory many times here already, obiviously i cant prove it because i dont have good photo of them as cubs/subs with the pride.

3 young nomadic males, described as Imbali nomadic young males, returned back into Mluwati Concession in early 2020 (older ones then those 5 Imbali down at H1-2 and H10), you can clearly see 2 older, dark maned males, and 1 younger blonded one:

*This image is copyright of its original author

They where again seen later that year on Kruger Sightings, just east at S125 (i posted it here). 

Then in early 2021, 3 young males takeover Sweni Pride, just north of this area at s126, 2 older dark maned males and 1 younger blonded one. 

Its very likely those are these males, as i said i cant confirm it, because that picture is blurry for whisker spot ID's. 

Similarities in looks of 3 SPM's to 2Mluwatis/ 5 Imbali males are also very close, Its not that i took randomly photo of lion from idk Satara and another from Pretoriuskop, without any context, and claim they are related because they are similar lol.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(01-28-2023, 07:44 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 07:03 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: He is most probably son of old Nwanwtsi males.

Its not clear, i personally believe they are sons of Mluwati males, especially this male is similar to Madala in face.

Also look at the similarity between him and other Madala son, 1/3 Imbali males who are dominant down at H1-2 :

Yeah I also think the same. Additionally their age seems to correlate to when Mluwathi males first became dominant in the concession
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Australia Ahmed Ali Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 01:13 PM by Ahmed Ali Edit Reason: Give photos Creater )

Amazing photos for the Legendery Old Skybed Dam Pride male back to 2009  on Patrol in Kruger park Orpen area .

This one who Fatherd the Famous Hairry Belly Matimba and White Face ( his Name is the White Faced Old Skybed ) .

Photos Created By :-Ramon Mensink .
12 users Like Ahmed Ali's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

1/3 western gomondwane males enjoying his time with vurhami subadults when girls are out to make a kill.

8 users Like DARK MANE's post

Mwk85 Offline

Dark mane Hippo Pools male. Inquired about the 7 cubs they sired with the two remaining Mjejane lionesses and they're all doing well. 

7 users Like Mwk85's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 10:32 AM by Mapokser )

@Ahmed Ali amazing stuff indeed. I have an interest in the old Skybed males but unfortunately photos of them are rare, if you have more please share!
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Australia Ahmed Ali Offline

Throwback :- 

The Othawa One eye ( One eye and Stompie Coalition ) male Lion with one lioness mating in Kruger National Park Back to July 2008 .

Photos By :- Andries De Klerk .
8 users Like Ahmed Ali's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Old Sweni male with his N'wanetsi sons.
"6 male lions with 4 lionesses on the s100 10 km From H1-3 @DLS SAFARIS"

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

1/2 Elder Skybed Sons last month with a lioness.
Credit: Sonel Keyzer

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 03:04 PM by Brahim )

Birmingham Breakaway males
Credit: Frank de beer

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 05:21 PM by Brahim )

Hippo Pools males
Credit: Foxy on safaris

Attached Files Image(s)

12 users Like Brahim's post

Switzerland Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@"Brahimlegend" 

About #9003:

These two male lions: huge beasts, gorgeous !

9 users Like Spalea's post