There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birmingham Pride of lions

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The white lioness and the white cub of the Birmingjam pride seen a few days ago in the Timbavati
Photo credits: Kathrin Alhaeuser

*This image is copyright of its original author

9 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The stunning white lion called "Xakubasa" was seen visiting Umbabat this afternoon! He really is a beautiful lion!
Photo credits: Umbabat FB page

12 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Update of the white Birmingham male: He was on his own, but we saw the footprints for the other 2... he followed them into Kruger from the Umbabat

5 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-09-2024, 10:40 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Update of the white Birmingham male: He was on his own, but we saw the footprints for the other 2... he followed them into Kruger from the Umbabat

Didnt someone said that 1 of his brothers is dead?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(04-09-2024, 10:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 10:40 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Update of the white Birmingham male: He was on his own, but we saw the footprints for the other 2... he followed them into Kruger from the Umbabat

Yeah, I remember seeing that comment as well, but there was never any followup on it.
3 users Like BA0701's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A great sighting of the Birmingham pride! They all look in excellent condition 
Photo credits: Kathrin Alhaeuser 

7 users Like T I N O's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-09-2024, 11:01 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

Yeah, I remember seeing that comment as well, but there was never any followup on it.

That was me sharing a post that spoke about only one being seen for a long time. It’s here a few pages back
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(04-10-2024, 05:42 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 11:01 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

That was me sharing a post that spoke about only one being seen for a long time.    It’s here a few pages back

I knew I had read that. I thought, since there had been no further mention of it that maybe he was just absent. From the sounds of things now, that well may be the case, I hope it is anyhow. First we hear that he might have perished, now we hear there are tracks, and still no confirmation either way. Such is the way of our beloved past time, following lions.
4 users Like BA0701's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The white Birmingham lioness sighted this morning at Ngala!
Photo credits: Tayla Mc Curdy

4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-10-2024, 07:48 PM by BA0701 Edit Reason: Video didn’t showed )

A great sighting of the bigger Mbiri male and the white Birmingham lioness at Ngala
Video credits: Tayla McCurdy
6 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Eye to eye with the white Birmingham lioness sighted yesterday morning at Ngala
Photo credits: Tayla McCurdy

8 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Another very great shot from end of February in the KNP
Photo credits: Lele Wild

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Birmingham pride seen on 14th March in the KNP. At that time, the white cub of the white Birmingham lioness had passed away.
Photo courtesy of: Kobus de Beer

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A few more shots of the surviving white cub of the Birmingham pride a few days ago at AndBeyond Ngala Private Game Reserve
Photo credits: Ben Thomas

7 users Like T I N O's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

Surviving white cub is a carbon copy of the dead one, but female.
2 users Like Mapokser's post