There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birmingham Pride of lions

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-18-2021, 03:29 PM by Brahim )

The pride, 2/3 days back. @ https://www.instagram.com/p/CVGc989ofhE/?utm_medium=copy_link

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Brahim's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(10-18-2021, 12:13 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Good news, BYM is already walking much better, on johansmalman instagram story.

That is great news, indeed. Thank you for sharing that @Tr1x24 !
2 users Like BA0701's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Birmingham Ghosts.
Credit: Roan Du Plessis

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like Brahim's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The white male and his brother as well as the younger subadult male has temporarily split off from the Birmingham pride. They’re fast approaching that age where they’ll become a nomadic coalition until they’re old enough and strong enough to take over their own pride. This is a natural process for young male lions as they become sexually mature. Luckily they’ve got each other for company.

*This image is copyright of its original author

10 users Like Potato's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

The white princess and her sister.
Photo credit: Barger

6 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

The white lion under beautiful sunset
Photo credit: Pellegrino

lionuk Offline
Contributor

The Birmingham subadult males seen yesterday morning at Ngala Tented Camp
Photo credits: Lisa Redding Saint

8 users Like lionuk's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(10-29-2021, 05:27 PM)lionuk Wrote: The Birmingham subadult males seen yesterday morning at Ngala Tented Camp
Photo credits: Lisa Redding Saint

Looking really good. His mane is developing fast
2 users Like T I N O's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Subadult males and Ross males. It's good to see these subadult males sitting closely to their dads.
Photo credit: larizagilbert

Sweden Mangw Offline

Is the mother of the white sub-adult male the same mother of the 3 cubs born in December 2020 or the 2 cubs born in march 2021?
2 users Like Mangw's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-31-2021, 11:02 PM)Mangw Wrote: Is the mother of the white sub-adult male the same mother of the 3 cubs born in December 2020 or the 2 cubs born in march 2021?

2 Oldest females didn't give birth recently, but im not sure who is the mother of white subadult male, 2 oldest or 2 middle aged females.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(10-31-2021, 11:02 PM)Mangw Wrote: Is the mother of the white sub-adult male the same mother of the 3 cubs born in December 2020 or the 2 cubs born in march 2021?

The mother of the white sub-adult male is mother of the two cubs born in February 2021. She's one of the Birmingham pride lionesses born in 2013/14
3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(11-01-2021, 02:58 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

2 Oldest females didn't give birth recently, but im not sure who is the mother of white subadult male, 2 oldest or 2 middle aged females.

The mother of the white male is one of the middle aged lionesses
3 users Like T I N O's post

Sweden Mangw Offline
Question 

I want to know which month every litter of the sub-adults were born in, the only info i have is that the white prince and his brothers were born in October 2018 and that the White Princess and her sister were born in March 2019. When were the male and female sired by white dot born and when were the female that was sired by one of the middle aged lioness born?
3 users Like Mangw's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(11-02-2021, 05:40 AM)Mangw Wrote: I want to know which month every litter of the sub-adults were born in, the only info i have is that the white prince and his brothers were born in October 2018 and that the White Princess and her sister were born in March 2019. When were the male and female sired by white dot born and when were the female that was sired by one of the middle aged lioness born?

The white male and white lioness aren't brothers, if not cousins or something like that. The white male was sired by one of the middle aged females (the one with a black dot in his eye) and the white female was sired by the sister of white dot known as the Bus.
This is what I have on my lion notes.
4 sub-adults born in 4-11 October 2018 (3 +/-) (White male litter)
4 sub-adults born in March 2019 (2.5 +/-) (White female litter)
2 cubs born in 1 April 2020 (1.5 +/-) (BYM sister litter)
3 cubs born in 16 December (10 +/-) (Aunt of the white male)
2 cubs born in February 2021 (8 +/-) (mother of the white male new litter)
territory: Timbavati(Shindzela/Ngala) and KNP
6 users Like T I N O's post