There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birmingham Pride of lions

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Birmingham pride yesterday on giraffe kill. Young males including white male some distance off. The 2 Ross males chased the other 3 males today. Time to leave the pride.

*This image is copyright of its original author

5 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

6 users Like Potato's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Is this new?
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-04-2021, 03:38 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Is this new?

It was said to be made at Shindzela so it must be at least recent as Birmingham subs were seen at Shindzela only recently. It was posted today anyway.
2 users Like Potato's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

The Birmingham Pride currently have 7 cubs. 

- 2 from BYM's Sister in April 2020

- 3 from Red Road's Sister/cousin born in December 2020

- 2 cubs from the other 2014 lioness born in Early March 2021. 

Not sure where the news of a 3rd cub came from regarding the youngest litter but im pretty sure she had just 2 cubs.
2 users Like Mabingilane's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

That litter turned out to be 4, one has since disappeared so now 3.
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

4 users Like Potato's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

A fantastic capture of the young Birmingham male looking in excellent condition having a tender moment with one of the newest Birmingham pride cubs sired by the Ross males.

Photo credits: @thetravelcuratour
7 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

BYM

7 users Like Potato's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(07-15-2021, 11:13 PM)Cunaguaro Wrote: A fantastic capture of the young Birmingham male looking in excellent condition having a tender moment with one of the newest Birmingham pride cubs sired by the Ross males.

Photo credits: @thetravelcuratour

So confused by this guy. One day he is sticking with the other subs, and staying well clear of the pride, and the next day he is mingling with the pride, including the cubs. There was a time when I would have thought such interactions would have meant almost certain death or at least further injury. Anymore, I am just simply confused by the entire scenario, and have absolutely no idea what to expect next.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-21-2021, 02:32 AM)BA0701 Wrote: So confused by this guy. One day he is sticking with the other subs, and staying well clear of the pride, and the next day he is mingling with the pride, including the cubs. There was a time when I would have thought such interactions would have meant almost certain death or at least further injury. Anymore, I am just simply confused by the entire scenario, and have absolutely no idea what to expect next.

Looks like Ross males also are spending some time with Birmingham breakeaway, so they are not always around.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Gijima Offline

I can’t believe this, BYM hanging out with the Ross Males peacefully feeding at a carcass (I think they mis IDed this as the breakaway male):

This male is determined never to leave home.
7 users Like Gijima's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-22-2021, 09:28 PM)Gijima Wrote: I can’t believe this, BYM hanging out with the Ross Males peacefully feeding at a carcass (I think they mis IDed this as the breakaway male):

Its definitely BYM :

He looks great, i think guide was confused why would Ross males let him feed so he assume its was Birmingham breakeaway male.

Ross males letting him feed is quite strange tbh at this stage...
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(07-22-2021, 09:28 PM)Gijima Wrote: I can’t believe this, BYM hanging out with the Ross Males peacefully feeding at a carcass (I think they mis IDed this as the breakaway male):

This male is determined never to leave home.

Thus, my confusion remains...
2 users Like BA0701's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

His actions speak to me on a personal level...
3 users Like Tonpa's post