There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

WildLeonis Away

Interesting turn of events. The S.Avocas have been thriving in the southern SS relatively drama free for what 6 years now? From my understanding they were pretty bad ass when they arrived in the area years ago. But they are older now. So who knows how things will play out. I am however impressed with the fact that they managed to chase away 6 males. They must’ve been youngsters otherwise this may have gone the other way. I hope they can hold their ground and stay safe.
2 users Like WildLeonis's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(04-24-2023, 06:01 PM)WildLeonis Wrote: Interesting turn of events. The S.Avocas have been thriving in the southern SS relatively drama free for what 6 years now? From my understanding they were pretty bad ass when they arrived in the area years ago. But they are older now. So who knows how things will play out. I am however impressed with the fact that they managed to chase away 6 males. They must’ve been youngsters otherwise this may have gone the other way. I hope they can hold their ground and stay safe.

Well, my question is if it was the Uhkulu's, and I think they are all about 4ish years old, were they alone or was Dreadlocks DeLaparte with them?  Will they go back with Dreadlocks if he wasn't there?
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Very impressive by the S.Avocas to chase off 6 Nkhulus.

I think they are one of the strongest duos I've seen.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

If we see Mohawk limping in a few days... we know why!!

10 users Like T_Ferguson's post

WildLeonis Away

Lions can always get up the tree but are never graceful getting out of it. Lol. That was a hard landing, but these animals can be pretty tough. So if he did hurt himself hopefully it’s minor at worst.
4 users Like WildLeonis's post

BigLion39 Offline

(04-26-2023, 04:58 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: If we see Mohawk limping in a few days... we know why!!

Oh yeah, that was a hard landing for sure! Not graceful!
4 users Like BigLion39's post

Mwk85 Offline

Didn't have to scale a tree to get this one fortunately 

9 users Like Mwk85's post

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor

Mohawk accompanied by the Blonde Talamati boy (Khanya).  

12 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

This Talamati male sure is a curious guy to follow. You never know what he'll do.
6 users Like Mapokser's post

Contributor

Mohawk reported today to be w one of his sons…..presumed to be Khanya, 1/2 Talamati YM.

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Could it be that Mohawk is more interested on the Talamati male because he's older, an adult with likelihood of being a reliable as a partner?

Maybe how Nhenha teamed up with Nkuhuma instead of Kambulas who were many but too young.

Mohawk has just turned 10 to my understanding, he probably still has that drive to be dominant, while the NK males are way too young to do anything anytime soon, It'd be interesting to see what happens if the other Talamati were to meet Mohawk and his brother.
5 users Like Mapokser's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

It may also be that he is more used to being one half of a duo rather than being one of many.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Contributor

Mohawk w the Talamati YM.  

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

Mohawk w 4 other boys.  I’m just gonna leave it at that.  Lol.   

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

Mohawk w his sons and it includes the Blonde Talamati that’s seen as a quick flash in the top left corner.  

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like criollo2mil's post