There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

When was he last time seen with Talamatis?
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Dm is a very unique lion,very interesting to follow. A shadow of his former though.i wish him well
5 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

(08-31-2022, 12:59 PM)WildLeonis Wrote: He could definitely use a meal. But I think those bite marks are from a few weeks ago. They don’t look fresh to me. In spite of everything he’s walking pretty good to me.

A few ago, one of the rangers was telling he was attacked by Hyenas. Not sure how accurate that information was.
2 users Like Horizon's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-31-2022, 01:21 PM)Horizon Wrote: A few ago, one of the rangers was telling he was attacked by Hyenas. Not sure how accurate that information was.

Might be, hyenas are not scared of old and weak lions, in fact most of those lions get finished by hyenas..
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

(08-31-2022, 05:45 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 01:21 PM)Horizon Wrote: A few ago, one of the rangers was telling he was attacked by Hyenas. Not sure how accurate that information was.

Might be, hyenas are not scared of old and weak lions, in fact most of those lions get finished by hyenas..

Yea, likely hyenas. If its lions, there would have been scratches at the front too. The scratches seem to be only at the back and mainly around the tail. He must have been pulled by the tail.
4 users Like Horizon's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-01-2022, 02:43 AM by afortich )

(08-31-2022, 12:59 PM)WildLeonis Wrote: He could definitely use a meal. But I think those bite marks are from a few weeks ago. They don’t look fresh to me. In spite of everything he’s walking pretty good to me.

I agree that those bite marks are not fresh, thus, they're not recent.
DM is not even longer limping. So unfortunate, wishing him to find a good meal.
3 users Like afortich's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(08-31-2022, 01:01 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: When was he last time seen with Talamatis?

I think right when they lost that kill to PCM 5 days ago
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

DM this afternoon on Simbambili, the Talamatis are on Arathusa. A bit hard to see but looks like his stomach has some food in it

9 users Like Tonpa's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(09-05-2022, 12:34 AM)Tonpa Wrote: DM this afternoon on Simbambili, the Talamatis are on Arathusa. A bit hard to see but looks like his stomach has some food in it

Great to see DM. 
Does anyone know how far is Simbabili from Arathusa??
4 users Like afortich's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(09-05-2022, 01:04 AM)afortich Wrote:
(09-05-2022, 12:34 AM)Tonpa Wrote: DM this afternoon on Simbambili, the Talamatis are on Arathusa. A bit hard to see but looks like his stomach has some food in it

Great to see DM. 
Does anyone know how far is Simbabili from Arathusa??

They border each other,  Talamatis should be pretty close to him.
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Mohawk face really swollen

6 users Like Tonpa's post

WildLeonis Away

(09-06-2022, 12:49 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Mohawk face really swollen

His nose does look swollen. The side of his face looks a little swollen too. What could cause that? I snake bite? Or bite in the face by another lion. He doesn’t look to be suffering at least based on the short clip. Hope he’s okay.
4 users Like WildLeonis's post

United States sik94 Online
Sikander Hayat

(09-06-2022, 12:54 AM)WildLeonis Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 12:49 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Mohawk face really swollen

His nose does look swollen. The side of his face looks a little swollen too. What could cause that? I snake bite? Or bite in the face by another lion. He doesn’t look to be suffering at least based on the short clip. Hope he’s okay.

Hopefully it isn't what killed Jr Matimba of the Orpen males.
3 users Like sik94's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-06-2022, 12:54 AM)WildLeonis Wrote: His nose does look swollen. The side of his face looks a little swollen too. What could cause that? I snake bite? Or bite in the face by another lion. He doesn’t look to be suffering at least based on the short clip. Hope he’s okay.

Hard to tell, we need to wait and see how this goes, if it continues to swollow, then is a problem. 

It can be many things, snake bite or kick by some bigger pray is most likely answer.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(09-06-2022, 02:41 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 12:54 AM)WildLeonis Wrote: His nose does look swollen. The side of his face looks a little swollen too. What could cause that? I snake bite? Or bite in the face by another lion. He doesn’t look to be suffering at least based on the short clip. Hope he’s okay.

Hard to tell, we need to wait and see how this goes, if it continues to swollow, then is a problem. 

It can be many things, snake bite or kick by some bigger pray is most likely answer.

If I recall correctly, I believe the necropsy on Junior said he tested positive for anthrax. I do hope it isn't that.
4 users Like BA0701's post