There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

DM on Djuma tonight

8 users Like Tonpa's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 03:09 AM by afortich )

(08-16-2022, 02:45 AM)Tonpa Wrote: DM on Djuma tonight

It looks like that he is walking a little better, and there was another lion roaring in the back at minute 4:27.
6 users Like afortich's post

WildLeonis Away

(08-16-2022, 03:08 AM)afortich Wrote:

It looks like that he is walking a little better, and there was another lion roaring in the back at minute 4:27.

Yeah. I actually think he’s walking pretty good considering and with good speed. He wasn’t trotting but he was still moving faster than a casual stroll. It sounded like there were two lions roaring. One started, did a quick roar before gradually quieting down when it sounded like another lion joined in at the tail end of that roar. I wonder if that could’ve been Blondie and Mohawk? Don’t know if they’re in the area though.
5 users Like WildLeonis's post

Contributor

(08-16-2022, 04:24 AM)WildLeonis Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 03:08 AM)afortich Wrote:

Yeah. I actually think he’s walking pretty good considering and with good speed. He wasn’t trotting but he was still moving faster than a casual stroll. It sounded like there were two lions roaring. One started, did a quick roar before gradually quieting down when it sounded like another lion joined in at the tail end of that roar. I wonder if that could’ve been Blondie and Mohawk? Don’t know if they’re in the area though.
I would also like to know who were the guys in the background Wink
2 users Like afortich's post

1ofCourage Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 09:04 PM by 1ofCourage Edit Reason: More information )

(08-10-2022, 09:15 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Seems Dark Mane has some fresh wounds on his back and back legs. I wonder who could have done this.

https://twitter.com/LIONLOVERS5/status/1...4424747008

A run-in with one of the PC males perhaps, so they say.
6 users Like 1ofCourage's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-16-2022, 08:59 PM)1ofCourage Wrote:
(08-10-2022, 09:15 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Seems Dark Mane has some fresh wounds on his back and back legs. I wonder who could have done this.

https://twitter.com/LIONLOVERS5/status/1...4424747008

A run-in with one of the PC males perhaps, so they say.

I wish the people at the LionLovers5 Twitter page identified their source for that information, first we've heard that.
4 users Like BA0701's post

Contributor

Source : "Trust me bro"
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor

(08-16-2022, 10:01 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Source : "Trust me bro"

Is that source reliable??
2 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

(08-16-2022, 10:19 PM)afortich Wrote:

I think it started out as a theory based on Reazer_generals comment on the Plains Camp Males new face wounds 

"not sure from who but they were not seen for quite sometimes then they came back like that but some said they chase Talamatis on the kill I’m sure it’s from that"

Although we never saw the interaction, nor was Dark Mane observed at the kill (?) I don't think so not sure 
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 09:43 PM by afortich )

(08-16-2022, 11:09 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 10:19 PM)afortich Wrote:

I think it started out as a theory based on Reazer_generals comment on the Plains Camp Males new face wounds 

"not sure from who but they were not seen for quite sometimes then they came back like that but some said they chase Talamatis on the kill I’m sure it’s from that"

Although we never saw the interaction, nor was Dark Mane observed at the kill (?) I don't think so not sure 

Got it, thanks bro!
All I think is that DM injuries seem to be more consistent with a lion altercation but we don't know.
5 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

THE NORTHERN AVOCA MALES = 2
2 ADULT MALES ± 9 YEARS 1 MONTH
WESTERN EYREFIELD
Dominant over the Nkuhuma pride.
First encountered in late 2019.
(9 sightings)
Sightings of this coalition were recorded on nine days this month. On seven of the nine days, they kept the company of members of the Nkuhuma pride. As such, details of their whereabouts are accounted for in the Nkuhuma pride section.

Other Lions Encountered: • An UNKNOWN young male was chased south from the Mlowathi Spot by the Northern Avoca males and members of the Nkuhuma pride on the 7th.
8 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

10 users Like Potato's post

Contributor

Mohawk, he was  on the open area outside Nkorho Lodge trying to hunt a bufffalo with the girls.

Interestingly the second time the Avocas and Nkuhumas have appeared this far east recently.

10 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor

DM on the Buffalo at Londolozi August 1st
by Kirst Joscelyne 

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-26-2022, 05:47 PM by criollo2mil )

(08-26-2022, 05:07 PM)Tonpa Wrote: DM on the Buffalo at Londolozi August 1st
by Kirst Joscelyne 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Seems to have recently lost another incissor  at the bottom right.   He has two last month when seen roaring at S8

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like criollo2mil's post