There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Dark-maned Avoca
Photo credit: Deon Wessels

*This image is copyright of its original author

10 users Like Timbavati's post

WildLeonis Away
( This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 08:25 PM by BA0701 )

DM and Talamatis sub and Kambula sub adults on 9/11/22. Apparently they’d just had their fill of a Buffalo they’d taken down. DM looks pregnant he’s so full. :)

Copyright is blocking the pic. So here’s a link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiXh2YXKKQL/...1R6mVtiuK0

7 users Like WildLeonis's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
Wink 

(09-16-2022, 06:30 PM)WildLeonis Wrote: DM and Talamatis sub and Kambula sub adults on 9/11/22. Apparently they’d just had their fill of a Buffalo they’d taken down. DM looks pregnant he’s so full. :)

Copyright is blocking the pic. So here’s a link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiXh2YXKKQL/...1R6mVtiuK0

I agree, DM looks like pregnant  Lol. Great DM really needed that meal!!
4 users Like afortich's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

It is so nice to see DM with a loaded belly! 

Gosh they are all in a food coma.
3 users Like Mabingilane's post

Contributor

DM, Mohawk, Blondie, S8, Talamatis, Nkuhumas and more!!

9 users Like afortich's post

WildLeonis Away

Blondie and Mohawk. I’m assuming yesterday. Mohawk seems to be doing good. It’s hard to tell if his face is still swollen. Blondie is Blondie. He’s still making it but forever having that weird limp.

Tried to embed the footage but it didn’t work so I’m providing the link. 

https://www.facebook.com/reel/624072712638989

WildLeonis Away

Here’s an update video on Sabi Sands. I’m most curious about the claim that DM and his sons putting a beating on S8.  Any other reports about this? I remember reading there was some recent interaction between S8 and DM resulting in the former fleeing but nothing about a beat down.

4 users Like WildLeonis's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-22-2022, 11:42 PM by afortich )

(09-22-2022, 11:16 PM)WildLeonis Wrote: Here’s an update video on Sabi Sands. I’m most curious about the claim that DM and his sons putting a beating on S8.  Any other reports about this? I remember reading there was some recent interaction between S8 and DM resulting in the former fleeing but nothing about a beat down.

There was fight between S8 and DM where he got backed up by one or the two Talamatis young males about 2 weeks ago.
The fight was exaggerated because first information said that S8 was not going to survive but S8 only ended up with a limp and apparently bleeding a bit from his mouth.
There is no recent information about DM running away from S8 since DM came back with the Talamatis. Actually, S8 was running away from DM and Talamatis back in July, while both were roaring.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-22-2022, 11:23 PM)afortich Wrote: There was fight between S8 and DM where he got backed up by one or the two Talamatis young males about 2 weeks ago.
The fight was exaggerated because first information said that S8 was not going to survive but S8 only ended up with a limp and apparently bleeding a bit from his mouth.
There is no recent information about DM running away from S8 since DM came back with the Talamatis. Actually, S8 was running away from DM and Talamatis back in July, while both were roaring.

Actually, from what i read, there is no evidence that DM was involved, only evidence is some scratches on 1 of Talamati young males and injuries on S8. 

Also, Kambula young males where also in the area, feeding on the same buffalo as Talamatis. 

I think that fight happened over that buffalo, S8 prob wanted to take it and got beaten by either Talamatis or Kambulas. 

Rangers "assumed" that it was fight between Talamatis and S8, but nobody actually knows.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-23-2022, 09:06 AM by afortich )

(09-23-2022, 03:42 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 11:23 PM)afortich Wrote: There was fight between S8 and DM where he got backed up by one or the two Talamatis young males about 2 weeks ago.

Actually, from what i read, there is no evidence that DM was involved, only evidence is some scratches on 1 of Talamati young males and injuries on S8. 

Also, Kambula young males where also in the area, feeding on the same buffalo as Talamatis. 

I think that fight happened over that buffalo, S8 prob wanted to take it and got beaten by either Talamatis or Kambulas. 

Rangers "assumed" that it was fight between Talamatis and S8, but nobody actually knows.

You're right buddy.
However, I personally believe that the assumption of the rangers is the most likely scenario because of the injuries involved in both parties. That's how a criminal case is reconstructed by the experts, in this case the Rangers.
And it is very likely that DM would get involved in the fight if one Talamati was under attack.

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

Southern Avocas and the Sand River Pride. The boys are looking fantastic!

9 users Like BA0701's post

WildLeonis Away

Blondie going through another rough period. Sad Apparently this is from yesterday. 

https://www.facebook.com/reel/428659489160682

DM, the way he’s breathing looks like he may have eaten something. This is from 9/19 and 9/20. He was supposedly with a couple of Talamatis. His mane is looking better. Not big and beautiful like it used to be. It may never get back to that. But it has grown back in a bit. 

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1205587770298217

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1251847775668838

Mohawk looking fabulous as always. This is said to be footage shot yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1142117039991951

Imbedding links from Facebook still aren’t working for me. So I just provided the links.

Gavskrr Offline

unfortunately this condition of the Blonde is no longer an occasional thing, he is much more dependent on food than any other healthy lion so any interruption in feeding and large amounts of displacement seriously harm him, of course this is due to some disease probably tuberculosis that he may have, to be honest, I think Nwaswishaka somehow gave him more years of life, if he continued to walk away from pride following the Mohawk, he would be much worse physically, I like him a lot, I hope he continues to fight.
8 users Like Gavskrr's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-24-2022, 09:17 PM by BA0701 )

7 users Like Horizon's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Great to see DM with a kill!

The legend is successful lately, Dark mane with nyala bull kill #Today #safari #experience big dam shirley's property #wildlifepictures

5 users Like criollo2mil's post