There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

And I wonder what Ross males will do in the situation
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Slayerd Offline

(11-03-2021, 04:52 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The Torchwood and Birmingham young male and  the two regal kings, Hercules and Sumatra males
Photo credit: Ziggi Hugo 
Caption: It seems like our region is currently a "No Go zone" for lion. Avocas moved further south away from these 4 males that scan the fringes of our lodge area. The Torchwood and Young Birmingham males and the Sumatra and Hercules males might clash at some time. Only time will tell.

*This image is copyright of its original author

I wonder why Ziggi even made this statement. From the Shindzela reports, the Torchwood And Birmingham Male have been staying east of the reserve. Perhaps he thinks they might clash over the Avocas. Or maybe he saw a close encounter or maybe them being in very close proximity. The TYM and YBM are at the age in which they might push limits to test the water so would not be surprised if they challenge the Hercules and Sumatra males. They don't seem interested in the Giraffe pride but the Avocas might pull them closer to Hercules and Sumatra
2 users Like Slayerd's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 08:14 PM by T I N O )

@Slayerd Hercules and Sumatra males are a real threat for the BYM and Torchwood young males.  Hercules is in his prime, both are big and healthy males. Of course, the BYM and Torchwood young males are not less than them. But without a doubt, Interesting times ahead.

BTW, BYM and Torchwood were with an Avoca lioness a few days ago on Shindzela
4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-03-2021, 07:48 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: And I wonder what Ross males will do in the situation

Ross males are still in much charge of a big territory. Although they've shifted their territory towards Johnniesdale, Morgenzon, Shindzela and etc.
4 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-03-2021, 07:48 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: And I wonder what Ross males will do in the situation

Ross males also probably will have tough time ahead of them. Mbris are stretching their borders on to Ngala and the Black Dam males were already seen with Birmingham breakaway pride so it won't come as a suprise if the Ross males will be challanged for their territory and pride soon as well.
2 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-03-2021, 08:10 PM)Timbavati Wrote: BTW, BYM and Torchwood were with an Avoca lioness a few days ago on Shindzela
With single lionesses or more?
2 users Like Potato's post

Slayerd Offline

(11-03-2021, 08:10 PM)Timbavati Wrote: @Slayerd Hercules and Sumatra males are a real threat for the BYM and Torchwood young males.  Hercules is in his prime, both are big and healthy males. Of course, the BYM and Torchwood young males are not less than them. But without a doubt, Interesting times ahead.

BTW, BYM and Torchwood were with an Avoca lioness a few days ago on Shindzela

Off course, doesn't mean they won't give it a shot though. They are young and young males take chances to test the waters. I asked Ziggi and he said the TYM and YBM were moving west following the Avoca lioness they were with and Hercules and Sumatra were south and walking in that same direction.
4 users Like Slayerd's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-03-2021, 08:18 PM)Potato Wrote: Ross males also probably will have tough time ahead of them. Mbris are stretching their borders on to Ngala and the Black Dam males were already seen with Birmingham breakaway pride so it won't come as a suprise if the Ross males will be challanged for their territory and pride soon as well.

Ross males are 11 yrs old, still in good condition for their age, and until its like that, they are competitive, but time is not on their side.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-03-2021, 09:19 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Ross males are 11 yrs old, still in good condition for their age, and until its like that, they are competitive, but time is not on their side.
I defnitelly wouldn't count them out in potential competition with other coalitions with equal numbers (beside Mbirs as they are monsters of their own league), but also they are not untouchable and the Black Dams might soon test them.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-03-2021, 10:41 PM)Potato Wrote: I defnitelly wouldn't count them out in potential competition with other coalitions with equal numbers (beside Mbirs as they are monsters of their own league), but also they are not untouchable and the Black Dams might soon test them.

Its unknown how a clash between Ross males and Mbiris currently would turn out, just last year Mbiris where running from 2 Nharhus. 

Also there no signs for now that BDYM's are interested into Ross males territory whatsoever, or if they will stick in that area.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-04-2021, 12:00 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 10:41 PM)Potato Wrote: I defnitelly wouldn't count them out in potential competition with other coalitions with equal numbers (beside Mbirs as they are monsters of their own league), but also they are not untouchable and the Black Dams might soon test them.

Its unknown how a clash between Ross males and Mbiris currently would turn out, just last year Mbiris where running from 2 Nharhus. 

Also there no signs for now that BDYM's are interested into Ross males territory whatsoever, or if they will stick in that area.

The two Ross males are still in good condition. Experience play a important role in these kind of confrontation. And definitely, the Ross males have a lot of experience. In 11 years of life, they've afronted a lot of tough times. I very agree with you, If the Ross males and Mbiri males fought it's totally unknown what will happens
3 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-04-2021, 12:00 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Its unknown how a clash between Ross males and Mbiris currently would turn out, just last year Mbiris where running from 2 Nharhus. 
Of course it is unknown, anythink can happen, but I would consider Mbiris as heavly favours and I would be very suprised if Ross males would pull it through. Mbiris were not even 4 years old when they chassed around prime Ross males and now Ross males not only would not have age advantage, but would be in age disadvantage being now past prime while Mbiris are in their prime. Mbiris were chassed by 2 Nharhus on one accasion, but:
1. Even tho only 2 Nharhus were present in the confrontation, they were coalition of 3 and Mbiris could have in mind that the back up for the 2 Nharhus in form of their third brother is on their way.
2. There was very little to gain from potential victory from such confrontation as there were no females in oestrus to take over.
3. Chasse took place on Nharhus territory so with withdrew Mbiris were not lossing anythink.
4. There are multiple other confrontation of Mbiris with other lions in which Mbiris proved what they are capable of. It doesn't make sense to focus on just one of them especially in light of arguments I brough up in points 1, 2 and 3.

In general in my personal opinion Mbiris are the greatest lion duo we have got to witness and I believe very few could much them in confrontation with equal numbers and I do not see past prime Ross males among them.

(11-04-2021, 12:00 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Also there no signs for now that BDYM's are interested into Ross males territory whatsoever, or if they will stick in that area.
  Of course with nomads you never know, they can tommorow move to totally different location, but there are at Shindzela already for quite some time and they deasn't seem to have reason to move off. They also have been seen on one ocassion with members of Birmingham breakaway pride so I believe there are sings of them sticking in the arena and targeting this controled by Ross males pride.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-04-2021, 12:15 AM)Timbavati Wrote: And definitely, the Ross males have a lot of experience. In 11 years of life, they've afronted a lot of tough times.
Actually from 2018 till now Ross males have easy reign and all scraps they were involved in happened in years 2015-2018. In fact if you count confrontations in which Ross males were involved and those in which Mbiris were you will see that in regard of fighting experiance Mbiris top not only Ross males, but probably any other lion coalition from Kruger or nearly any other. Also I do not think it would matter a lot as in general animals operate on instincts insteed of inteligance, thinking and experiance.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Its a bit of a mix. Instinct would tell a lion to either flee or fight. For a lion in top condition, with lots of experience and knowing it has back up the instinct would tell it to fight. But if it knows odds are against it, the instinct to flee would have the overhand. 

Instinct also relies a lot on learned behaviour. Like knowledge of the environment and opponents or fighting tricks it picked up from previous fights. Its why we would resort to using a gun on instinct rather than clawing and biting when suddenly thrown in a fight.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-04-2021, 12:30 AM)Potato Wrote: Of course it is unknown, anythink can happen, but I would consider Mbiris as heavly favours and I would be very suprised if Ross males would pull it through. Mbiris were not even 4 years old when they chassed around prime Ross males and now Ross males not only would not have age advantage, but would be in age disadvantage being now past prime while Mbiris are in their prime. Mbiris were chassed by 2 Nharhus on one accasion, but:
1. Even tho only 2 Nharhus were present in the confrontation, they were coalition of 3 and Mbiris could have in mind that the back up for the 2 Nharhus in form of their third brother is on their way.
2. There was very little to gain from potential victory from such confrontation as there were no females in oestrus to take over.
3. Chasse took place on Nharhus territory so with withdrew Mbiris were not lossing anythink.
4. There are multiple other confrontation of Mbiris with other lions in which Mbiris proved what they are capable of. It doesn't make sense to focus on just one of them especially in light of arguments I brough up in points 1, 2 and 3.

In general in my personal opinion Mbiris are the greatest lion duo we have got to witness and I believe very few could much them in confrontation with equal numbers and I do not see past prime Ross males among them.

Mbiris chasing Ross males (off a kill) years ago when both coalitions where nomads means absolutely nothing today..

You are praising Mbiris, but dont mention Ross males fighting Trilogy males and Avoca/Giraffes. 

Greatest lion duo? Its your opinion, but they are only 8 yrs old and its unknown what future holds,its way too early for claiming that , for example 2 Mluwati males are dominant for 6 yrs as a duo and still going strong.. 2 Old Mazithis are also legends of Kruger, sired many offspring and where dominant for 7-8 yrs.. those 2 are just from top of my head..

You are too subjective, you like Mbiris and will praise all of their achivements, but for example, all notice that you dont like Bboys and on Birmingham boys thread you will try to diminish all of their achivements, for example if 2 Mbiris would chase 4 Nwaswitshakas or kill OM you would be singing songs about them..

Its ok to have favorite lions, or dont like some, but lets be objective and fair to all.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post