There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

We have been utterly spoiled with sightings of the River pride this week! Check out this magical encounter as the young cubs play in the grass whilst our lucky guests watch on - don't miss dad Hosi sharing a special moment with his youngest cubs at the end

3 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-05-2021, 02:41 AM by T I N O Edit Reason: Link fixed )

From Kambaku

This impressive couple wondered through camp earlier this week.
Such a treat for our guests
Hard to ID from such angle, but judging from the location it is probably young male from the Giraffe pride, son of Black Dam male.
" target="_blank" class="post_link">
4 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-05-2021, 01:00 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Cant remember if this was posted, big boy Sumatra with Giraffe female:

Yes, It was posted a while time ago by one of our members.
3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-05-2021, 01:17 AM)Potato Wrote: From Kambaku

This impressive couple wondered through camp earlier this week.
Such a treat for our guests
Hard to ID from such angle, but judging from the location it is probably young male from the Giraffe pride, son of Black Dam male.

I have fixed your link. Facebook links not are working for a long time now.  BTW, Looks like the Sark breakaway young male. the mane of this young male and the mane of the Sark breakaway young male are 99% same
4 users Like T I N O's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(11-04-2021, 09:34 PM)Timbavati Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 09:14 PM)Potato Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 08:29 PM)Timbavati Wrote: To be honest, If I had to mention one of the most successful duo of the Timbavati in the last years
I was talking about the strongest duo, not about the most successfull tho.
If the word 'Greatest' is mentioned, then, We need have in count a lot of things. Like years as dominant males, offspring, territory conquered in how time and how much they have been holding it. The old River pride males have all of those points mentioned above. Being dominant males over a region for 8 years means they're absolutely strong and successful at the same time. It seems that age is just a number for those two legends

HB and Ginger are a great shout too. They hit all those points as well.
2 users Like sik94's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-05-2021, 05:35 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 08:29 PM)Timbavati Wrote: To be honest, If I had to mention one of the most successful duo of the Timbavati in the last years
If the word 'Greatest' is mentioned, then, We need have in count a lot of things. Like years as dominant males, offspring, territory conquered in how time and how much they have been holding it. The old River pride males have all of those points mentioned above. Being dominant males over a region for 8 years means they're absolutely strong and successful at the same time. It seems that age is just a number for those two legends

Of course, HB and Ginger are legends.
 I was talking about duo of the Timbavati

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(11-05-2021, 05:39 AM)Timbavati Wrote:

Old Nkuhuma males deserve a shoutout.
2 users Like Mdz123's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-05-2021, 07:13 AM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 05:39 AM)Timbavati Wrote:

Old Nkuhuma males deserve a shoutout.

Without any doubt my friend. There are a lot of successful duo in the Greater Kruger. Old Nkuhuma, HB and Ginger, The Mlowathi males (Mapogo), The old Mazithi males, Mluwati males (Madala and Blondie) old Lubyelubye male and his son etc. 

In Timbavati there are some as well. old Sohobele males, old River pride males, Ross males, Black dam male (for being a solo male, he did a great job)

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

SAFARI UPDATE FROM PONDORO GAME:

The young Kudyelas were found this morning feasting on the remains of a buffalo they took down during the evening. Their bellies were filled to the brim so most of them were already asleep by 7am.

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

The majestic king, Hosi
One of two kings of Klaserie, and the dominant males of the super River Pride.
Photo credit: Sabre Rayne Meeser

8 users Like lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

IG story from Everseen who are at Pondoro Lodge. I'm assuming it's one of the thakazile/Kudyela females who is trapped by Hyenas, a big young male comes to her aid 

7 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor

Skorro male searching and reuniting with his brother at Kings Camp, Timbavati, November 6.

7 users Like lionuk's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Sark breakaway young male seen with other members of his natal pride
6 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Torchwood male. Birmingham and Torchwood have been pretty busy they last couple of days moving pretty much all over our property.

3 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

A large lioness from the Avoca Pride stalks the night looking for the pride’s next meal.

The Avocas seem to have occupied a large part of the Blackdam Pride’s former territory, and sightings of them have become commonplace on southern Thornybush.

They have also been paying a lot of attention to the large elephant herds that frequent our reserve during this time, and even managed to bring down a sub-adult calf a few nights ago.

This unusual behaviour is only observed within a handful of lion populations throughout Africa.

5 users Like Potato's post