There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Brazil Ngonya Offline

(06-02-2023, 07:52 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Or they could all be death in a month. Or break up in three or two smaller groups or disapear into kruger. 
The wild is very rough on newcomers and doesn't really care about who your father is.

Its far to early to make any predictions.

I hope that doesn't happen. I dont think u understand how important it is to have such a promising force; able to protect a pride or more in Sabi Sand.
There's literally only duos since Ndzhenga males are down to 2.
2 users Like Ngonya's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-03-2023, 10:15 AM by Mapokser )

Big coalitions are not always good, if they are better at all. Styx went through Birminghams and Ndhzengas, 2 big coalitions and look at their situation now. Big coalitions will often abandon their prides when the cubs/subs are still very vulnerable.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-03-2023, 12:22 PM by Tr1x24 )

(06-03-2023, 02:23 AM)sik94 Wrote: I honestly never quite understood the S. Avocas. They were nothing special when they first showed up, the three Tsalalas were able to push them around and I thought Tsalala males were very ordinary lions. The S. Avocas seem to be the kind of lions that peak a bit later in life(7-10), in physicality and as territorial males. Opposed to the N. Avocas who peaked early(5-7) and never grew to be the same physically or as territorial males. It's odd how there's such a difference between the two sets of brothers.

?? 

S.Avocas where one of the fierces duos to enter SS in a while in 2017, causing chaos at the age of just over 4 yrs old.

They pushed around 3 Tsalalas in a 2vs3, and not other way around. 

They become territorial at age of 5 ( peaked 7-10? ).

In 2019 they takeover ex Mantimahle prides in SR and PC, pushing out 5th.

For 5 yrs their territory is clean and protected, feat that not many duos can achieve.

And for refference, their neighbours over the years where all coalitions bigger in numbers then them.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 06-03-2023, 04:56 PM by Brahim )

They didn't cause much chaos. 1 matshipiri was injured and was useless to his partner just laying in same spot watching his partner being chased around, even guides at time said matshipiri would deal with avocas easily if one wasn't injured. Is there a sighting of the 2 avocas chasing 3 tsalala, I remember seeing videos of the 3 tsalala chasing avocas off a kill and maybe was some back and forth but no clear winner. They got lucky with mantimahles abandoning all those prides south and they just took them over without a fight. I like Southern Avocas and they have lasted a while just don't think they did much at the start.
1 user Likes Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Old lubyelubye isn't confirmed dead, just people assuming it, nobody seen him since he was last filmed injured
3 users Like Brahim's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Its probably going to be a Nhenha situation. 

Severely wounded and abandoned by his group. Dragging himself around hoping to find food and avoiding everyone else. 
Until eventually his luck runs out and he disappears from our feeds.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-03-2023, 04:12 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Its probably going to be a Nhenha situation. 

Severely wounded and abandoned by his group. Dragging himself around hoping to find food and avoiding everyone else. 
Until eventually his luck runs out and he disappears from our feeds.

Same thing happened to Dark Maned Renosterkoppies.

Seen severely mauled on back legs, as he prob got attacked and ousted by Biyamitis, his partners disappeared even before. 

He was not seen since.

Alone nomad, with those kind of injuries, to recover, it needs to be miracle.

Even with pride/coalition besides you, its hard, as you need to have strenght and be mobile enough to follow them.

Brahim Offline
Moderators

To give Southern avocas credit we don't see them much and they have been surrounded by big coalitions and remained dominant, so who knows who they had to keep at bay before and still do, and they are sucessful with their sires.
5 users Like Brahim's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(06-02-2023, 06:52 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 05:44 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: As we said, we need to wait with "new Mapogos" predictions for young nomads who didnt won 1 fight against big boys in their lives.

Nkhulus might become great warriors one day, but its too early to predict such things, but this doesnt have to mean anything, Majingilanes also lost brother in first major conflict.

Numbers barely matters for young males if their confidence, experience and teamplay is not on the lvl of their enemies.

This is not a clash between 2 territorial coalitions, where numbers matter much more.

It was rubbish to believe that such experienced and coordinated brothers like S.Avocas would go down just like that against inexperienced young males.

S.Avocas - Nkhulus 1:0, but this is far from over i think.

The Selati males also lost one of their brothers in their early years as nomads. We know which direction the story took. Great buffalo hunters moved west and ended the Mapogo reign, injuring Pretty Boy and killing Mr T.
In my opinion Nkhulu has everything to be a great and powerful coalition, they have the genetics of the great Mantimahle and even better, they have more numbers.
I think it's Sabi Sand's most promising coalition since the BBoys...

Large young coalitions dont always equal a succesful future, the Vurhami males were 6 but 5 of them were killed and the span of a few months by rivals
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(06-03-2023, 02:52 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Old lubyelubye isn't confirmed dead, just people assuming it, nobody seen him since he was last filmed injured

I hope he is seen alive, but its quite unlikely at this point as he is 13-14 yrs old and his condition was bad when he was last seen. Farewell to a legend of Kruger. Although his 2 sons that he formed a coalition with are both dissapeared, his bloodline is still alive in the form of Kinky Tail LubyeLubye

This means that the Makolohlas are down to 3 after losing their veteran now, the HP male and the 2 S28 are remaining, any sightings of those?
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Southern Avoca are some of the most successful duo in recent years.

Gavskrr Offline

Trichardt Male
" target="_blank" class="post_link">
5 users Like Gavskrr's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 06-04-2023, 02:03 PM by Brahim )

@Mdz123 stompie s28 seen a few times, like 3 days ago a friend saw stompie and sent me a video of a Darkmaned male walking with him and he had no limp or anything so I assume that was hippo pools male
1 user Likes Brahim's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

Well, it looks like the action in Kruger isn't going to slow down anytime soon.

8 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-04-2023, 07:21 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Well, it looks like the action in Kruger isn't going to slow down anytime soon.

Not sure what is happening, who are Vurhami young males?