There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-28-2023, 05:10 AM by Mdz123 )

(05-27-2023, 08:31 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: Old boy is still alive! 

*This image is copyright of its original author

I dont think he is that old, he's a speculared half-brother of Ubuso and Matshapiris, Id say old LubyeLubye male 13-14 yrs old max. If hes any older  his fathers the Old Nkuhlus would need to have been dominant males for 6+years, i dont think they were dominant for that long
4 users Like Mdz123's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The boss is still around
2 users Like Timbavati's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Sweni males, good looking boys

6 users Like afortich's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Great news, the young Ngotoso males, sons of Vuku and Blondie, are all alive and well
Pic credit: Tracey Leask 

11 users Like lionuk's post

Mwk85 Offline

In a follow up, things definitely don't look good for him, unfortunately. 

8 users Like Mwk85's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-29-2023, 10:10 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: In a follow up, things definitely don't look good for him, unfortunately

Old Lubyelubye, what a legend, hope he goes in quiet and peace.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Gavskrr Offline

Difficult moment, in these moments I am in favor of ending his suffering because it clearly doesn't seem like something he will recover from given the age and severity of the injury. Extending your suffering does not contribute to nature.
it is mentioned in the description that 2 males with fight marks were seen not far from him, in this environment a lot is said about not getting carried away by emotions and it is something that I always take, however, in some cases it is not just emotion, but a sense of adequacy, in cases of this type the most favorable thing would be to euthanize, even avoid the generation of media like this (nothing against the channel, it's just doing its job)

4 users Like Gavskrr's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(06-01-2023, 02:50 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: Difficult moment, in these moments I am in favor of ending his suffering because it clearly doesn't seem like something he will recover from given the age and severity of the injury. Extending your suffering does not contribute to nature.
it is mentioned in the description that 2 males with fight marks were seen not far from him, in this environment a lot is said about not getting carried away by emotions and it is something that I always take, however, in some cases it is not just emotion, but a sense of adequacy, in cases of this type the most favorable thing would be to euthanize, even avoid the generation of media like this (nothing against the channel, it's just doing its job)

It is a fine line isn't it?  I struggle with this myself.  While I think Humans are FAR too involved in the life cycle of all creatures, but especially those in Africa, and should all fall off a cliff, these are the circumstances I believe we are here for and can offer "humanity."
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

Mjejane males chasing after some female today close to Jock Safari lodge.
Credit: Friedrich Von Horsten

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

Dreadlocks De laporte was in a fight.
Credit: CurrentKatey

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

Damn! Who's territory was he in? Did the nkhulus abandon him?

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

Maybe Gijimas

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-01-2023, 03:43 PM)Robot00 Wrote: Damn! Who's territory was he in? Did the nkhulus abandon him?
(06-01-2023, 03:53 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Maybe Gijimas

Or S.Avocas.

I dont think Dreadlocks was seen with rest of Nkhulus recently.

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

The other Mjejane male yesterday near Jock Safari lodge.
Credit: B1 photo safaris

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

Yeah he wasn't seen with Nkhulus in most recent sightings