There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-22-2022, 11:10 PM by lionuk )

This post is saying that it looks like that Blondie has passed away. But I really hope it's a hearsay. 

7 users Like lionuk's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-22-2022, 10:36 PM)lionuk Wrote: This post is saying that it looks like that Blondie has passed away. But I really hope it's a hearsay. 

Looks as if Deon has removed his caption text.  Maybe it isn’t confirmed that he has passed?
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-23-2022, 02:37 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Maybe it isn’t confirmed that he has passed?

As far as i understand, he didn’t said he passed away, yet that he is in bad condition.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

11 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Any lodge/ranger confirmations on Blondie status?
2 users Like Tonpa's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-24-2022, 04:07 PM by lionuk )

"Another sad news to announce the death of the legend Blondie Avoca. He held out for a long time. He defended his pride and his family with all his ferocity. A loyal and loving brother. He was defeated by TB and took him to sleep in eternal peace far from suffering.

RIP Legend."

15 users Like lionuk's post

BigLion39 Offline

Very sad!
5 users Like BigLion39's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(10-24-2022, 04:05 PM)lionuk Wrote: Another sad news to announce the death of the legend Blondie Avoca. He held out for a long time. He defended his pride and his family with all his ferocity. A loyal and loving brother. He was defeated by TB and took him to sleep in eternal peace far from suffering.
I have just learned about this and rushed here to confirm. 
Blonde was the least discussed N. Avoca though he played a critical role in providing stability to talamatis and most importantly to nkuhumas. 
He always walked parallely to DM and Mohawk. 
Both of his brothers love and respect him and have his back till the last breath. Blonde had fought 1vs 1 fight with tinyo bboy last year may which apparently results in tinyo death ( after a few months maybe was nwaswitshakas males) and dislocated blonde front leg once and for all. And what a coincidence, tinyo was also last seen on October 26,2021.

RIP Brave boy. 
You will always be remembered.
8 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Sad, but expected, he is battling this disease (TB or its something else) for 3+ yrs now, i guess its better this way as he doesn’t suffer more.

Looks like era of N. Avocas in northern Sabi Sands is slowly coming to an end, with DM situation and now Blondie's demise, only Mohawk remains as dominant force.

But now as lone male, its questionable how long he can hold his territory, he is not getting younger either.
11 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Really a sad update... Let's see for how long Mohawk will hold his territory on his own. As Tr1x24 mentioned, it seems Avoca reign is coming to an end slowly
9 users Like T I N O's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

From Matty at Nkorho

"We say goodbye to one of our outstanding Males!! Blondie! One of the Northern Avoca Males recently passed away due to TB!! A sad fact that he is now gone! An outstanding Male who kept Dominating his territory and keeping his pride safe!"

11 users Like Tonpa's post

WildLeonis Away

So sad to hear about Blondie. Though we’ve known it was coming for a while. 

Mohawk is on his own now. Hopefully he’ll be able to hang on and protect the newest set of Nkuhuma cubs but that’s 2-3 years which is a long time to maintain his dominance over one pride especially being that he’s already been dominating them for 4 years. Now he’s on his own and though appearing to be in excellent condition he’s not getting any younger. It will be harder to maintain without his brother. 

There’s a lot of great footage out there of Blondie but here’s a couple of my favorites. 

Ridge Nose’s cubs giving Blondie a hard time while Mohawk rests nearby without issue.  Lol

Coolest moment is at the minute 2:36 

Blondie and DM spooning. So cute. 

11 users Like WildLeonis's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

Sad update. Mohawk might now be pressured by PC males.
4 users Like Horizon's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(10-24-2022, 08:33 PM)Horizon Wrote: Sad update. Mohawk might now be pressured by PC males.

the only way for mohawk and dm to hold on power is partner with there sons but they need to buy them little more time for them mature a little more in my opinion
2 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-24-2022, 09:05 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-24-2022, 08:33 PM)Horizon Wrote: Sad update. Mohawk might now be pressured by PC males.

Dont think so, atleast not for now, as by the looks of it, PC males now aquired Mhangenis and started mating with them, 4 females available for mating will occupie 2 males for quite some time. And they also might get Ximhungwe/Gingerella, as they are on their territory pretty much.

I am more worried about 2 Talamatis and 4 young Kambulas in near future, they are closest to him. But yea, they could also go for S8 or Kruger male.

Now we have whole area from Londolozi/MalaMala to Tintswalo, occupied by 4 lone males. 

In theory, bigger coalition, like 4 young Kambulas, could oust few of them at once in near future.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post