There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Ttimemarti Offline

(04-20-2024, 08:10 AM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 10:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 10:45 PM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 I think they MAY have been, I never said they were. IIRC Criollo said something similar once.

Obviously it's just a take/possibility, I'm not pushing for any conspiracy theories.

Kruger does this all the time after all, even going to a point they'd separate coalition partners, drop one in an area and the other in a complete different area, or dropping males in areas with high poachers activity where the lions disappear.

So idk why you're acting like this is something absurd, especially since apparently there were reports of lions escaping Kruger at the time, which could very well have been the Tumbelas.

I dont think something like that would pass unnoticed in Sabi Sands, local rangers/guides/reserves would have info about that.

Here in California the huge massive city of Los Angeles and surrounding area is big mountain lion habitat and there’s hardly any sightings.
P22 is a famous lion that crossed a bunch of huge freeways and had the Hollywood sign as his territory. There’s hiking, camping, movie filming etc and P22 was very rarely seen. 
If a 120lb (65kg) Puma can hide in one of the biggest cities then it’s totally possible for lions to sneak around and avoid being seen. They really just need to avoid the roads and they are invisible.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Wasn’t the Nharu pride discovered only at the start of 2020?
The nharu pride was formed by 3 sisters of the 5 Birmingham males I wanna say 2015 or whenever they entered northern Sabi sands they left their sisters and took over the nkuhuma torchwood and Styx pride and then skorro jr scar limper and lambile where born sometime around that I believe fathered but the Thanda impi males
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

Thank you Ttime!
1 user Likes GhostCatP-22's post

United Kingdom Cath2020 Offline

Back in March 5th, there was a sighting of 3 of the young Sand River Males....two of which hardly had any mane, so thought they could be lionesses, but when they passed the vehicle, all 3 were clearly males. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4JATlZR0Qx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Now a more recent clip indicates that these 3 are still together, put up less than a day ago.  At least one of the them looks to have much more mane growth.  All of them seem to be in excellent condition, with no hip bones or limps seen.  

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C582dllvotA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
5 users Like Cath2020's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Black dam males on Wildearth today

6 users Like T I N O's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(04-20-2024, 06:03 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Back in March 5th, there was a sighting of 3 of the young Sand River Males....two of which hardly had any mane, so thought they could be lionesses, but when they passed the vehicle, all 3 were clearly males. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4JATlZR0Qx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Now a more recent clip indicates that these 3 are still together, put up less than a day ago.  At least one of the them looks to have much more mane growth.  All of them seem to be in excellent condition, with no hip bones or limps seen.  

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C582dllvotA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I was always confused on the ages of the sand river young males but I think they’re 3 in a half maybe 4 years old but been on their own for awhile and I believe the Nkhulus killed one of the oldest males
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

Khanya with one of the Nkuhuma females. He’s always spotted with atleast one of them so assuming this is the same one, they seem quite bonded. Would have posted in Talamati thread but I don’t know what’s happening with that rn.

6 users Like KM600's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

NK Breakaway, PCM's son a week ago.

He has just turned 2 and is a freaking beast:

5 users Like Mapokser's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-21-2024, 12:24 AM by Mapokser )

He was in Ulusaba, deep in the West. I hope he doesn't run into Tumbela, NK or the unknown male.

I really hope to see this guy in his prime, because right now he seems to be much bigger than the Talamati who is 1-2 months older, seems to be bigger than Styx who's a year older and might be bigger than the smaller Ndhzenga male who's a prime male.

I say this because 3 months ago he dwarfed his mother while the Ndhzenga is smaller than the Ntsevu females so imagine this NK Breakaway at 6yo.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

NLAL11 Offline

(04-20-2024, 09:57 PM)KM600 Wrote: Khanya with one of the Nkuhuma females. He’s always spotted with atleast one of them so assuming this is the same one, they seem quite bonded. Would have posted in Talamati thread but I don’t know what’s happening with that rn.

You can see another lioness walking down the road at the end so clearly he is hanging out with a portion of the pride.
1 user Likes NLAL11's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(04-21-2024, 03:03 AM)NLAL11 Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 09:57 PM)KM600 Wrote: Khanya with one of the Nkuhuma females. He’s always spotted with atleast one of them so assuming this is the same one, they seem quite bonded. Would have posted in Talamati thread but I don’t know what’s happening with that rn.

You can see another lioness walking down the road at the end so clearly he is hanging out with a portion of the pride.

Isn't K4 up there with some of them too?
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Didn’t notice that the first time watching it icl
1 user Likes KM600's post

(04-21-2024, 03:13 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote:

I haven’t heard of all 4 Kambula males reuniting so ye he should be. He was actually said to be quite close to Khanya during one of the weekdays.
2 users Like KM600's post

(04-21-2024, 03:54 AM)KM600 Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 03:13 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote:

I haven’t heard of all 4 Kambula males reuniting so ye he should be. He was actually said to be quite close to Khanya during one of the weekdays.

Would be interesting if Khanya could weasel his way into that group.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Mwk85 Offline

6 users Like Mwk85's post

I really thought she'd be denning by this time.

4 users Like T_Ferguson's post