There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

...imo looks rather like bengal...

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Amnon242's post

Spain Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

@Amnon242:

About #201: "for those who like to compare tigers and lions"

Frankly, the tiger behind the lion, at the background, seems to be overfed, too fat. I don't believe at all that this photo is a good one in order to compare a tiger and a lion.
2 users Like Spalea's post

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast

(07-03-2016, 03:33 AM)Spalea Wrote: @Amnon242:

Frankly, the tiger behind the lion, at the background, seems to be overfed, too fat. I don't believe at all that this photo is a good one in order to compare a tiger and a lion.

Yep, you're right. It does seem fatter than the lion, and I don't even know if that is male or female. It's steel-built arms are thicker than a tree trunk, though.
2 users Like Polar's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(07-03-2016, 02:27 AM)Amnon242 Wrote: ...imo looks rather like bengal...

Monsterous!
Looks more Amur to me. Has more of a wide/shorter rostrum look that I see in amurs with a wide head.
2 users Like Pckts's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

Looks amur to me

Kinda reminds me of this guy

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Sully's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 12:44 PM by Amnon242 )

but we can see that the tiger is taller and probably longer. And look at the forelimbs of both felids.
3 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 12:44 PM by Amnon242 )

this is tigress

Attached Files Image(s)

Spain Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

(07-03-2016, 12:33 PM)Amnon242 Wrote:

You are right. That photo is not good one in order to compare tiger and lion. Because its a tigress. Same tigress as in 202.
Yes, it's perhaps a tigress, but I want especially to focus on the longitudinal fold of skin (fat) running along its belly and which is completely unsightly, almost obscene when you compare with photos of tigers in wild.

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

(07-03-2016, 12:46 PM)Spalea Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 12:33 PM)Amnon242 Wrote:

You are right. That photo is not good one in order to compare tiger and lion. Because its a tigress. Same tigress as in 202.
Yes, it's perhaps a tigress, but I want especially to focus on the longitudinal fold of skin (fat) running along its belly and which is completely unsightly, almost obscene when you compare with photos of tigers in wild.

I take it back, Im not sure if its tiger of tigress. That fold is probably just free skin. Lions have it too.
2 users Like Amnon242's post

Spain Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

@Amnon242:

about#212: Ah yes, it's a nice photo ! This tigress is really beautiful and seems much more thinner.

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 01:20 PM by Amnon242 )

Male amur, 4yo, 220 kg (weighted). Again, not typical tiger...really lean. But very tall and long. I saw him in a playfull "fight" with a tigress and I was amazed by his incredibly agile and elegant moves (despite his impressive size).

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

another shot of him

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

amur...(ofc). Dont know anything about the age or gender

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

this is tigress...i think...(although it has quite robust body construction)

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Bengal male. I dont know how pure and how old (but still quite young, Id say). Robust but rather small...I would estimate him to be 170-180 kg.

Attached Files Image(s)