There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Wild carnivores and humans compared

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-21-2020, 10:30 PM by Dark Jaguar )

@Rishi

Its a 5 years old caatinga male, Onças do Rio Negro project even made a comparison with him to a 130kg pantanal jaguar of the exact same age.

Caatinga jaguars are the rarest and most endangered population in Brazil and they're small due to the adaptation throughout history to the extreme drought seasons of that biome which only the toughest of the toughest shall survive, in hot seasons some animals die specially cattles just by the caatinga climate itself, some caatinga jaguars even overlap in size with pumas which is really cool. however don't let that small size distract you from the fact caatinga jaguars had many conflicts with ranchers in the past because of livestock. Check my post #7 in the Jaguars of Brazil thread, its a short post regarding them published by Pró-Carnívoros Institution making that statement. there's another caatinga male jaguar I just posted today in the weight and measurements thread.

By the way I am gonna be posting a very interesting story/case regarding a caatinga jaguar whithin a few hours.

@OncaAtrox

Indeed both cats have a nice variety in sizes and I really like it though, I think its good to also know how small these cats can get on natural enviorments and not just how big they can get hehe.

By the way I have a slight feeling that caatinga jaguars males and females overlap in size, you'll get what I mean later on.
2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Tiger which had killed 15 livestock in Bandipur tiger reserve has been successfully captured near fringe village kundakere of bandipur tiger reserv. Its a 4year male tiger.

4 users Like Pckts's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Green anaconda being teased by man in the Colombian Llanos

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Balam's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

My Journey with Persian Leopards

On 10 May 2020, a young female leopard was rescued from snare traps in northern Iran. She was extremely lucky, as at least 5 other leopards were killed in recent years.

In the current project, we aimed to establish 4 rescue teams, to make sure that leopards in distress are dealt with properly and safely.
Please consider donating us and/or introducing us to your friends

6 users Like Lycaon's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-23-2020, 06:03 PM by Dark Jaguar )

onçafari

112kg Brazuca (Brazilian) pantanal male.

3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-23-2020, 11:34 PM by Dark Jaguar )

credits: Peter Crawshaw Jr

https://www.oeco.org.br/blogs/rastro-de-...a-da-onca/

Male captured in 2006 who Unfortunately died.

''Capture of one of the jaguars, a male in July 2006. In the photo Fabiana Lopes Rocha (then a researcher associated with Embrapa Pantanal), Ronaldo Morato (head of Cenap), and Peter Crawshaw. Before being anesthetized the male had been injured by a soldier of brigada. He underwent repeated surgeries and unfortunately he died months later.''  Photo: Peter Crawshaw Jr.

3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

4 users Like Rage2277's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@Rage2277

About #442: I just come to count at last 12 cars, with 6 or 7 guys filming the tiger in each car, and don't forget the drivers (at last 12)... Almost 80 to 100 persons !
3 users Like Spalea's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-25-2020, 08:45 PM by Dark Jaguar )

Credits: Bichos da Caatinga

https://www.facebook.com/bichosdacaating...=3&theater

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-26-2020, 09:22 PM by Dark Jaguar )

credits: fazenda barranco alto

Matheus male.

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 03:10 PM by Rage2277 )

Harshal Malvankar-Black Panther of Sri Lanka
Video Recieved on whatsapp as black panther was captured at Sri Lanka . Don't have any further details on incident tho.
If anyone has it , do share
3 users Like Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

2 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Sanath Krishna Muliya
Sariska Tigress

Tigress