There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tigers of Central India

United States georgegram Away
contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-27-2023, 06:18 PM by georgegram )

Cub of MV3 at Mukki zone kanha

K mark from Tadoba is pregnent too from the looks of it, her mate is Chota Mowgli

Mogli intruding into another males territory according to the video description, there may be an interaction soon:

Neelam/T65, the daughter of Link No.7 from Kanha and her last litter, her 3 cubs are 18 months old and are at the verge of seperation. This male cub in the photo has already outsized his mother, i think the father of thos litter is Bajrang:

poojari from kanha

Trishul/ T85 from pench

Tadoba pair:

*This image is copyright of its original author

pc: mihirwildmahajan

Ridhhi/ T124 is pregnent, i believe her pair is ganesh/ T120

pc: camillamalvestiti

Lets talk about Ridhhi!
Ridhhi is borned in early 2019, who is the daughter of arrowhead and T86/ Chirico's. She is also the fifth generation of the famous Machali, aka the croc killer.
Ridhhi roams the zone 3 and 4 of RTR
She and her younger sister --siddhi/ T125, always had territorial disputes. The FD even considered shifting Ridhhi to Sariska reserve due to her frequent clash with her younger sister:

Back when Ridhhi and Siddhi were still cubs and were playfighting under arrowhead's care:

Tension rose up as the sisters matures and start to fight for territory: Siddhi expresses her displeasure when she was cornered on the banks of Raj Bagh in zone 3 of RTR by Ridhhi in june 2020:

Riddhi triumphed and ruled Raj Bagh at July 2020...These eyes say it all!

In Nov 5th 2020, they fought over a chital deer kill, in which Siddhi is the victor

And the clash with her mother on late Dec in Raj Bagh at zone 3

The famous fight between the sisters over zone 3 territory in 19th Jan 2021, it is said that ridhhi is bigger than both arrowhead and siddhi:

And another dispute in April 2021 when ridhhi is seen here chasing siddhi at Malik Talab for a good 15 minites before another fight broke out. Before this, Ridhhi was chasing away her mother arrowhead from Raj Bagh area:

Ridhhi stares at her mom arrowhead at side of the lake in mid 2021, ready to challenge the "queen of the lake". The former "queen of the lake" eventually left the lake to her daughter, who have been guarding it ever since:

Maybe the sisters really have some personal vendetta with each other, but i feel that this reflects the tight space and high tiger density of the reserves in general. Unfortunately this isn't sth that can be changed in a matter of days
2 users Like georgegram's post

contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-30-2023, 07:53 PM by georgegram )

Raaka in the bad mood.
I think Raaka has a very distinctive facial pattern that makes him easily identifiable. He is now almost 4 yrs old, rules the Mamla buffer in Tadoba

Rudra, it is said that he is the most tourism friendly out of the other males, such as Bajrang, Mogli, Balram and Yuvraj, and doest mind walking inbetween vehicles

Rocky/T58 of RTR, he doesnt look too good

Ranthombore male

Maya and Rudra spending time tgt

P243 on 28/4

Two cubs from P223 of Panna has been spotted for the first time, the second cub is the bolder one of the two:

by shaurya27

---The story of Mogli---

This is Mogli's family tree, and Mogli is born

by i_sanjeevsiva

By pradip_chandren

More Mogli story by i_sanjeevsiva

The full story is on his instagram channel under his bio

Map of Tadoba landscape from 2015-2019 VS 2019-2023, credits to i_sanjeevsiva

3 users Like georgegram's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

T118
2 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

L Mark

DB2
3 users Like Pckts's post

contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-10-2023, 07:25 PM by georgegram )

Mahamam, at Magadhi zone of BTR

chota bheem at khitauli zone

Patrolling

Collar male of Kanha

Raaka looks to be in good condition

The mighty Bajrang, having the largest territory in BTR of around 125sq km

Noorie and her young's firey interaction at zone 2.I believe the dominant one is Noorie, who might be ushering her daughter to leave her territory

T104/ Hamir, identifiable by his slightly bluish eyes, had unfortunately lost his life at a age of >5 yes old, due to a heatstroke during tranquilizing procedure

He was outcompeted by other tigers, causing him to be pushed to the edge of the RTR and interact with hamans and turned into a man-eater.

Infact, all his victims are outside of the tiger reserve, right next to the victims' homes. Back then he killed 3 person in a span of a few months

He was then radio-collared to track his movements

by carie_wildlife
Rest in Peace Hamir
1 user Likes georgegram's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

T-46
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Injured Junior Bajrang
3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-01-2023, 11:36 PM by Pckts )

T-46
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Shaurya Vardhan Singh

Some say he is the present day alpha and the biggest male of the park, a park which has been known for it's big sized aggressive male tigers. 
Though not at all a shy male, he is rarely sighted and his sightings remain scanty because of the huge territory he controls. And I hadn't been fortunate enough on my previous visits to have caught him. This time around however, he compensated for all this while I had been missing him. 
M1 male | Kanha Tiger Reserve
June'23

Shaurya Vardhan Singh
"Minh Le even I don't agree with the common view that M1 is perhaps the 'biggest' now... Having sighted all the males you've mentioned in your comment, I would definitely say he's longer than M3 and 67, saw him at length. M1 has a disproportionately smaller head ?, and yes both M3 and 67 are taller than him agreed. But would differ re Z1. He doesn't stand a chance (only re size) anywhere near these males. In fact he is just marginally bigger than DB2.
Separately I feel in terms of sheer size, DB3 and present day Balwan can match upto that league of big bracket males. DB3 is very young and with his present built and age on his side he can definitely grow into that category. Some wouldn't agree, some would...imho he has already outgrown most males of the park (including M1)
2 users Like Pckts's post

kingrifter Offline

Been lurking here for a long time and have enjoyed reading your updates. Very helpful for anyone planning a visit to these parks. Apologies if this isn’t the right place for this post.

I had a chance to visit Tadoba in July and went to the Mohurli buffers, which have surprisingly been very active this monsoon. I spent an hour with Taru in Devada-Adegaon zone near the Irai backwaters. He is an excellent tourist tiger, but doesn’t look as bulky as the pictures of Bajrang I have seen in this thread. Impressive that he sent him packing.

Shambhu is still around in Agarzari and Paras in Junona but haven’t been as easy to spot. Same case for the new “Pachis-Baavan” (25-52) male that was briefly seen in the area in the summer.

Guides were joking that Agarzari is dead and every Junona jeep landed up in Devada during the days I was there to search for Choti Madhu and Taru. Choti Madhu has just brought out her cubs — I believe they are Taru’s?

Anyway, I am no photographer but here is Taru in the reeds by the Irai backwater.

I also had a chance to visit Bandhavgarh, which has been my family’s jungle of choice for the last 10+ years. I saw Dotty’s sub-adult in Magdhi, but it rained throughout and I just missed Chakradhara female and her 3 cubs as well as Bajrang in Tala. In any case, several females (Dotty, Dabadhol) etc have young cubs that they have not brought out yet so the upcoming season is very promising. I also went to Dhamokhar buffer where the sub-adult male was being seen a lot this season, but missed him. Bandhavgarh buffers are not on par with Tadoba’s for imo. Anyway, thought I’d share a blog post from Mr. Satyendra Tiwari, a long time Bandhavgarh resident and photographer, about a wonderful sighting I had of the Old Banbehi Female (Wakeeta) with him in 2013.

Wakeeta Sighting 2013
3 users Like kingrifter's post

India parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-23-2023, 05:32 PM by parvez )

Kanha tigers,

I don’t know it’s only me or everyone, Kanha tigers seem to be the most solidly muscled central Indian tigers.
2 users Like parvez's post

Apex Titan Offline

(10-23-2023, 05:25 PM)parvez Wrote: Kanha tigers,

I don’t know it’s only me or everyone, Kanha tigers seem to be the most solidly muscled central Indian tigers.

Bandhavgarh tigers rival Kanha tigers in muscularity, imo. Bandhavgarh tigers look very densely muscled, compact and defined.

I personally think that Bandhavgarh tigers are the best looking tigers in central India. 

Just look at this beast from Bandhavgarh: What a tiger!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jfBAPrLtPpg
1 user Likes Apex Titan's post

India parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

@Apex Titan Yes, maybe. After all, the genes of legends like charger, B2, bamera have passed on. But still I feel Kanha tigers are even impressive than Bandhavgarh tigers in terms of muscle strength.

Apex Titan Offline

(10-23-2023, 06:39 PM)parvez Wrote: @Apex Titan Yes, maybe. After all, the genes of legends like charger, B2, bamera have passed on. But still I feel Kanha tigers are even impressive than Bandhavgarh tigers in terms of muscle strength.

Muscle strength? Its very hard to tell. Tigers from Bandhavgarh and Kanha are practically capable of doing the exact same strength and predation feats.

And like Bandhavgarh, Kanha also consistently produces some of the biggest and most powerful Bengal tigers in the world.

In your opinion, who do you think would have won in a fight, a prime charger (from Bandhavgarh) vs prime Umarpani male?

India parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

@Apex Titan Well, Umarpani is much bigger and hence powerful male. Charger was a relatively more smaller tiger compared to massive Umarpani. Though he was pound for pound highly muscled, athletic and invincible in his prime, he will surely loose. What you feel?