There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tigers of Central India

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 07:57 PM by Ashutosh )

Bandhavgarh is the scene for another strange tiger behaviour. We have seen Chota Bheem continuously with his 4 cubs from Tara while also mating with the Khatiya female intermittently. What we have been missing is Tara, the mother of the cubs and Chota Bheem’s mate since beginning of May.

Well, here is Tara seen with her newest litter of 2 cubs who are about 5 weeks old - she hasn’t been seen with her grown up litter in that time - whereas Chota Bheem has been bringing kills to the litter of 4 in essence being their full time carer. This litter of Tara has also been fathered by Chota Bheem.

What will be interesting to see is how this dynamic goes ahead with father looking after the older litter while mother is focused on the youngest ones.

This is the older litter who are left on their own and Chota Bheem (for now):

We also have Ra female raising a litter of Bajrang’s cubs while the Dhamokar female is raising Bheem’s cubs who is most definitely dead. The Darraha female is also raising a litter (most likely Bheem’s again). Kajri has littered recently whereas Spotty has just pushed her subadult males to leave her. Also, D1 has left Dhamokar buffer to try and push into Khitauli where he hasn’t been successful in dislodging any of the resident males yet.
1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

dhamokar's cubs were sired by D1 they look like him here he is with his family
*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
here is one of the cubs..that's all D1 right there look at the face @Ashutosh
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 09:30 PM by Ashutosh )

@Rage2277, post #1682 of this thread dated Oct 25, 2020. The timing would suggest Bheem to be the father as he was ousted in Nov-Dec 2020. Also, this is the female you are referring to as well, right? Because there is another female in Dhamokar buffer.

Also, D1 had not ventured and settled into Dhamokar at that time. Couple of posts below, you can see I have posted about Mamu and sons (they were just on the verge of separation).

Edit: Just doing a little digging. Found out there are 2 females in Dhamokar buffer. The one I posted with Bheem is different than the one which has 3 cubs with D1. Here is D1’s mate:

1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

animal enthusiast

ah i see..thought there was this one female being called that, the one in the pic next to him is different to the one bheem was mating with @Ashutosh

Spain Ponce Offline

(06-08-2022, 12:41 AM)rabia2277 Wrote: Jamhole es hijo de mahaman, se parece a él, de lo contrario, lo habría matado el año pasado cuando era mucho más pequeño. Es probable que vieran a su hermano ... ella debe haber sido su madre ... entonces eran del tamaño de los cachorros de dabadhol.

¿Quién es la madre de Jamhole?

Spain Ponce Offline

Hello. I'm starting to learn about tigers and it seems confusing to me how everything is mixed up.

Directory of tigers, great tigers, tigers of india...

Ideally, one thread would be from each of the major reserves.

For those of us who are starting new, it becomes too complicated.

Do you have any territorial map?

Any summary list of tigers in any area?

Or some family tree?

Anything to help me clear things up a bit?

A summary of today.

At the moment I am with the Pench and Bandhavgarh, but anything would be good for me.

I would be very grateful, thank you.

And sorry if you spoke bad English.

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-10-2022, 10:41 PM by Rage2277 )

(06-10-2022, 02:36 AM)Ponce Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 12:41 AM)rabia2277 Wrote: Jamhole es hijo de mahaman, se parece a él, de lo contrario, lo habría matado el año pasado cuando era mucho más pequeño. Es probable que vieran a su hermano ... ella debe haber sido su madre ... entonces eran del tamaño de los cachorros de dabadhol.

¿Quién es la madre de Jamhole?

don't know her name but a tigress was found dead last year a little before jamhole and sibling was seen she is likely their mother as they looked quite young at the time

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

A young Jamhol showed up in the tourism area the same time a humongous male crossed from the core zone into tourism zone. If I were to guess, this male killed the female in core and her cubs. One of them escaped and that was Jamhol (fathered by Mahaman male). This male followed Jamhol into the tourism zone where he was seen dominating Chota Bheem.

He left and went back shortly thereafter. Since then, Mamu has let Jamhol free reign in his territory while caring for Dotty and Dabadhol litter provides him with food while those females get extra protection for their cubs (which incidentally is all female).
2 users Like Ashutosh's post

animal enthusiast

there was another youngster simliar size and appearance to jamhol haven't see him this year he probably got killed @Ashutosh

Spain Ponce Offline

Thanks for answering

And sorry for the confusion.

Mamu and Mahaman are different tigers?

The daughters of Dotty and Dabadhol are daughters of Mahaman?

Jamhol frequents both families?

animal enthusiast

mamu and mahaman are the same male he is also father of dabadhol and dotty's cubs and jamhol hangs out with both families @Ponce

Spain Ponce Offline

I understand. Thank you very much. Jamhol's behavior is very interesting.

Spain Ponce Offline

Hello!

¿Quién es el padre de la camada de Kajri?

¿Y los padres de D1?

animal enthusiast

kajri's cubs were sired by chakrandara male not the one one who is father of spotty's cubs but his younger brother from a later litter and D1 is son of mamu and dotty born 2018 @Ponce

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Neela Nala

He also is wounded here
1 user Likes Pckts's post