There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tiger Directory

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

That's a bummer, RIP Raja.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Austria Brehm Offline
Shocked 

Raja's death is sad news. One of the most iconic specimen of all time for sure, on the same stage as machli for me.

The first video captured gaur kill was with Raja if i remember right.

R.I.P
1 user Likes Brehm's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-09-2017, 05:27 AM by Apollo )

Katrina tigress with her cubs in Bor Tiger reserve.
Cubs were around 3 to 4 months old, taken in May 2016.

4 users Like Apollo's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-10-2017, 05:40 PM by Apollo )

Hi all,

There is a info circulating that Pandit the son of Sharmilee is dead, but fortunately its not Pandit but a different tiger around 11 or 12 years old died due to starvation. The tiger had injuries and porcupine quills attached to its body.

Tiger dies of starvation in Corbett

A tiger died of starvation in Sarpduli range of the Corbett Tiger Reserve at Ramnagar in Nainital district. 

The carcass of the big cat lying along the roadside in the reserve’s Sarpduli range was first sighted on Friday by a tourist, who informed authorities, its Director Surendra Mahra said.

The tourist was initially thrilled to catch a glimpse of the tiger but a closer look made it clear that it was dead as it lay motionless with flies swarming over its body, he said. The tiger had a deep wound on its leg and seems to have died of hunger as it couldn’t hunt for prey, he said.

Mahra said postmortem of the tiger confirmed its death due to hunger as its stomach was found empty.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/tiger-dies-of-starvation-in-corbett-4596035/
2 users Like Apollo's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-10-2017, 06:02 PM by Rishi )

(04-10-2017, 05:39 PM)Apollo Wrote: Hi all,

There is a info circulating that Pandit the son of Sharmilee is dead, but fortunately its not Pandit but a different tiger around 11 or 12 years old died due to starvation. The tiger had injuries and porcupine quills attached to its body.

A tiger died of starvation in Sarpduli range of the Corbett Tiger Reserve at Ramnagar in Nainital district. 

The carcass of the big cat lying along the roadside in the reserve’s Sarpduli range was first sighted on Friday by a tourist, who informed authorities, its Director Surendra Mahra said.

The tourist was initially thrilled to catch a glimpse of the tiger but a closer look made it clear that it was dead as it lay motionless with flies swarming over its body, he said. The tiger had a deep wound on its leg and seems to have died of hunger as it couldn’t hunt for prey, he said.

Mahra said postmortem of the tiger confirmed its death due to hunger as its stomach was found empty.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/tiger-dies-of-starvation-in-corbett-4596035/

@$uSpiciou$ @Pckts
1 user Likes Rishi's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Regarding Pandit and Virat.

Pandit is little bigger, dominant and bold male of the two.
Virat is a bit shy male.

I posted some time back that Pandit as a subadult was bigger than prime Waghdoh. This was confirmed by my sources.
Thanks to @"$uSpiciou$" for confirming it once again as an eyewitness account.

This is Pandit

*This image is copyright of its original author

This is Virat

6 users Like Apollo's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-10-2017, 06:59 PM by Pckts )

(04-10-2017, 05:52 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 05:39 PM)Apollo Wrote: Hi all,

@$uSpiciou$ @Pckts

I hope it's the case, I've still seen a few saying pandit passed but if it's not true I'd be very relived to know the big fella is still out there.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2017, 04:52 PM by Apollo )

The famous Collarwali tigress from Pench gave birth to 4 cubs.

Madhya Pradesh tigress ‘Queen of Pench’ delivers 4 more cubs... 26 so far

With four cubs in its seventh litter, Collarwali - the tigress fondly called by visitors to Pench Tiger Reserve because of her radio collar - maintained a record of giving birth to highest number of cubs in wild in Madhya Pradesh.

This tigress has so far given birth to total 26 tiger cubs. The latest bunch of cubs were spotted by patrolling squad a few weeks ago. It is all smiles for the forest staff and wildlife experts in the state that has lost 35 tigers in last few months.

"There are four cubs and they are very small. It's a good sign towards conservation efforts," said Subhranjan Sen, field director of the reserve.

Also referred to as 'Queen of Pench' and 'Pench princess', the Collarwali herself was one of four cubs of famous tigress 'Barimada' featured in the famous documentary titled 'Spy in the Jungle'.

And, she was the first of Barimada's cubs to establish her territory in core area of her mother's range, experts say. Collarwali gave birth to 18 cubs between 2008 and 2013 of which 14 survived.

She littered three beautiful cubs for the first time in May 2008. But as an inexperienced mother, she could not protect them from the harsh climate. All three cubs died of pneumonia within 24 days, recalls a forest officer.

In October 2008, she produced her second litter - four cubs including three males. All survived. Experts claim she has used 13 different sites to rear her three litters and most of the times it used to be caves.

Pench is now home to more than 50 adult tigers. A male tiger translocated from this reserve had led to successful reintroduction project of tiger in Panna tiger reserve. Devoid of tiger population that fell to poaching and other reasons, Panna is now a model in tiger reintroduction project with a population of 18 big cats (cubs and sub adults). From zero tigers in Panna tiger reserve, the reintroduced 4 tigress have given birth to 17 cubs in less than three years.

The Panna tiger reintroduction project envisaged reintroducing six tigers in all including the earlier two females as a part of founder population to start with (two males and four females).

Accordingly, male tiger from Pench (T3) was brought in the month of November 2009 which, after staying for a short while moved out of the park. Some say that it was for the first time that a 'homing' instinct was observed in a wild tiger. T3 was always moving in the southern direction that was his home, where Pench was located. It travelled more than 450km during that month-long outing

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/...052365.cms
4 users Like Apollo's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

Found a fine page page on FB called Green Humor (https://m.facebook.com/GreenHumour/).
Some works of Rohan Chakraborty...

6 users Like Rishi's post

SuSpicious Offline

(04-10-2017, 06:43 PM)Apollo Wrote: Regarding Pandit and Virat.

Pandit is little bigger, dominant and bold male of the two.
Virat is a bit shy male.

I posted some time back that Pandit as a subadult was bigger than prime Waghdoh. This was confirmed by my sources.
Thanks to @"$uSpiciou$" for confirming it once again as an eyewitness account.

This is Pandit

This is Virat

@Pckts @Rishi 
If this is true then what a wonderful news this is. 
The thing with corbett tigers is that they are very long and athletic. So when you see them in pictures they don't seem very huge. Its only when you see them in person that you realize that along with the Kazi tigers(who are simply monsters) they are the biggest two tiger population alive. 

I have spent plenty of my life around Corbett and I have been to Kaziranga few times too. Here is a thing about these two places. The monsters here go unnoticed for years in both the parks because of the lack of research. Its only now that we have few camera trap photos and visitors pictures but nothing much apart from that.

I asked an forest official in corbett and he told me over a span of 25 years he has seen tigers almost 1.5 times bigger than pandit. Not one but quite a few. and according to this guy Pandit is bigger than any central indian tiger out there.This guy didn't had any photos but he looked like someone who knew what he was talking about.

I also went to kaziranga last year only for one day so couldn't spot any tiger. Now because of my father's contact I was able to connect to an old guard there who knew out and out as far as areas like Bagori, Kohora were concerned. So it was obvious I brought to him names like KZT023, KZT085. He said he has seen both of them but he also seen bigger than them in Kaziranga and he like the Corbett chap was pretty confident about what he was saying.

Now similarly I have seen plenty of tigers in my lifetime. I never clicked pics to be honest. Its only now that I have realized the importance. Now obviously we cannot go on just human eye predictions. But after seeing central indian tigers I can bet on it that Pandit can outmatch anyone of them maybe barring1-2 tigers. Also the two sources are just examples.I have met plenty others who tell me the same from both parks and even I have seen quite a few monsters.

I actually think we still haven't got our hands on ALL the top of chain dominant bengal males from Kazi, Corbett and Nepal. To put it simply, Serious Scientific Research is lacking. And there is so much we don't know about how big bengal tigers can go.
5 users Like SuSpicious's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Dampa Tiger Reserve

2 users Like Apollo's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Rohan Kp

A glimpse of Rajbhera sub adult's aggression. Bandhavghar national park

He's the same young male from this famous video

4 users Like Pckts's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Tranquilizing tiger

3 users Like Apollo's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Dead body of Kingfisher male from Mukki, Kanha

3 users Like Apollo's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-25-2017, 01:53 PM by Rishi )

Bamera Reincarnated!!!
T9 (Mangu) Tala, Bandhavgarh...

Pic. Courtesy: Ravi Pathak Bandhavgarh's FB post.
4 users Like Rishi's post