There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
We have upgraded the system, and this might cause some weird issues. If you face such issues, please report here.

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tiger Directory

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Tiger counting starts in Bardiya National Park (Nepal)

4 users Like Apollo's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-04-2016, 12:21 PM by Apollo )

ID the tiger Bandhavgarh, Magdhi zone

*This image is copyright of its original author

Sharmilee's male cub Corbett

Bittu one of the subadult male cubs of Jai

Jaichand another subadult male of Jai

Bajrang male from Tadoba

5 users Like Apollo's post

India shaileshsharadnaik Offline
Tadobatigerlover

(01-26-2016, 10:13 PM)Hello Pckts,when was this shot? are these male cubs of Waghdoh and madhuri? Wrote: PcktsKamlesh Thakur shot this image eight km. outside the Tadoba Tiger Reserve, at near Agarzari at around 8 km. at a small tribal temple 'Waghoba Dev'. Two sub adult cubs appeared from the woods. The male went straight to the temple and started pulling at the saffron flags! To join the Sanctuary family visit www.sanctuaryasia.com — with Kamlesh Thakur at Tadoba - Andhari Tiger Reserve.

3 users Like shaileshsharadnaik's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

It's from a few weeks back, I think it's his cub but I'm not positive.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Sharmele from Corbett

Credits to sanjay
Sharmele and her male cub

Credits to rage
The male cub of Sharmele

Sharmele with male and female cub (huge cub getting up is the male and sharmele is the one resting in the ground)

This is the young male cub of Sharmele.
This cub is a giant. Everyone seen says its the biggest tiger cub they've ever seen.
This young boy is bigger than some adult males in Corbett.
It was said that this cub is bigger than Waghdoh (by a person who've seen prime Waghdoh 3 times).
For more confirmation it would be nice if @Pckts can check from his sources more about this cub.
Sharmele was said to be a large tigress as big as an average central indian male.
This cub dwarfs Sharmele when she is next to him.
Sharmele had 4 cubs initially in 2015 (2 males and 2 females), but in April she had a territorial battle with another tigress (this tigress also had cubs) in Birjani zone.
Sharmele won the battle and took control of this area.
6 users Like Apollo's post

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast

So this cub is that huge at only 9 months old, if I am reading correctly?
1 user Likes Polar's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

I'm away from my pc atm so I can't do full research yet but it looks as though these Cubs were born around 2014 but I'm not positive about that. I'll search around when I have more time.
I'm not sure if they named him bijrani but that is the zone he's seen in.

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-10-2016, 01:23 AM by Polar )

@Pckts,

Apollo said around early 2015, not late 2014. But your estimate of the cub's age seems more relevant.
1 user Likes Polar's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

I assume this is the same tiger?

One of My Favourite shot
Tiger crosing Dry River Bad
Tiger Bijrani
Corbett TR
Jan 2016

One of Sharmili Male cub
Tiger
Bijrani ctr
Jan 2016

This is Sharmili and two of her cubs in 2015

Vishal Bhasin How old is this picture?
Like · Reply · January 5 at 4:57am

Arshad Hussain Around 6 months.

March 2nd, 2014, my cousins, who had come to Corbett for a few days of respite and to celebrate a birthday, had the previous evening seen a fresh Samber kill not too far from the Bijrani forest rest house. Whereas the vultures circled the kill, two rambunctious crows were attacking the cadaver as much as they were attacking each other. Apparently, the predator had been disturbed and had left the kill. Or was it that the kill had been unsuccessfully hidden and found by some jackals and dragged out of its hiding place? One couldn't be sure and with the setting sun, the jeeps had to leave the park, so further investigation was ruled out.
The next morning, two of our jeeps headed out to the same area where the kill had been sighted. This was the territory of Sharmili, the star tigress who was raising four healthy cubs successfully in the vicinity of the FRH. It was most likely one of her kills; she would be very busy now raising four 9-month old cubs, and a kill every other day wouldn't be out of the ordinary for her.
We swept the area, circling the vicinity about three times over an hour, with no luck. Six vultures sat on a tree in a patch of grassland, but there was no sign of the tigers. We decided to head to the machaan, drink some tea from our thermoses, and wait for any movement and call signs. Nothing.
Heading out again, after about a kilometer or two, we suddenly chanced upon two other jeeps, facing away from us, with the occupants wildly gesticulating that four tigers had just crossed the road and they were waiting for the fifth! A little crestfallen that we had missed the entire sighting, we sat patiently to get a glimpse of the laggard. At least one tiger, one thought, better than none!
Ten minutes passed when the chatter of Rhesus macaques broke the silence and the jeeps ahead of us revved their engines and bolted toward the commotion. We hadn't driven more than a few seconds when I saw unmistakable yellow and black stripes striding through the bush undeterred by the string of jeeps that had by now collected there.
The mother, Sharmili, popped out first. Giving us a look first, then looking toward the jeeps ahead of us, she strode out confidently, belly full, and without any haste crossed the road to the forest patch across. Shortly after, cub one leapt out of the bush, and in about three or four jumps had crossed over. The second cub was slower and seemed more sure of himself (or herself) and trotted across following his sibling and mother. The third was extremely shy and was gone in a flash. And then nothing. Four had crossed, where was the fifth?
Were these four tigers crisscrossing back to their original location to look for the fifth in their group? This seemed a logical explanation, for they had returned to that patch of forest they had left barely 10 minutes ago. Or had they been disturbed by something in the bush and were turning back?
There was sudden commotion behind me - and there it was the last cub, scampering across the road, but gone in a flash. One will never know why the five decided to return after crossing the road. I'd like to think they wanted to see me. (the photos begin with the mother, followed by cubs one and two)

If these are the same cubs mentioned their estimated birth date would be late '13
So they are most likely 2.5 years old and Sharmili is said to be seen with cubs at separate times or on her own, it seems like they are ready to take over their own territory.

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-09-2016, 10:54 PM)Polar Wrote: So this cub is that huge at only 9 months old, if I am reading correctly?

No no.
I was trying to talk about the fight in 2015.
My bad.
3 users Like Apollo's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-12-2016, 10:41 PM by Apollo )

Kaziranga tigerscape

Tiger from Kaziranga

Tiger from ramganga Corbett

Bigcat Enthusiast

Rajat Narain Singh

He is son of Ustad.

Dudhiya .

7 users Like Pckts's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Tiger from Bardia NP

Bigcat Enthusiast

She looks to have an injury right next to her eye?
3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 05:33 AM by Pckts )

Arguably more impressive than his dad!
The apple certainly didn't fall far from the tree.

Bamera son ( kankati male )

Bandhavgarh — at Bandhavgarh Tiger Stripes.

one more with the kankati female

4 users Like Pckts's post