There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tiger Directory

Shardul Offline

Bamera was born in 2004, so that should make him 11 years old.
3 users Like Shardul's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

This thread is dedicated to the legends of Bandgavgarh such as Banka, Charger, Sita, Bokha, B2, Jobhi, Kallu, Bamera and others. Please post your pics on some of these guys below. I'll start off

Charger:

*This image is copyright of its original author

B2:

Bokha:

Bamera:

7 users Like Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

Sita:

Jobhi:

4 users Like Sully's post

tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

Do we know B2's ancestry?
1 user Likes tigerluver's post

Ecology & Rewilding
( This post was last modified: 11-05-2015, 10:12 PM by Sully )

(11-05-2015, 07:07 AM)tigerluver Wrote: Do we know B2's ancestry?

well from what it's rumoured most tigers from bandhavgarh have come from charger and sita. And I read somewhere about bokha being the nephew of b2 aswell, but I'm not sure if any of this speculation is confirmed although I am 99% certain b2 is chargers son who killed him.
4 users Like Sully's post

Malaysia JawaRumbia Offline
Big Cat Enthusiasts
( This post was last modified: 11-05-2015, 08:10 AM by JawaRumbia )

@SVTIGRIS Bokha is not the son of B2..

Check this out;

http://www.bandhavgarh.co.in/bandhavgarh...igers.html

"When the charger was not sighted in the park the forest officials got worried and some officials guessed that he might have been died during the fight for the territory. Later he was found outside the Tala range. He was then tranquilized by the veterinary doctors to heal his wounds."

I wonder if Charger were weighed while he got the treatment... I think he weighed 250 kg
5 users Like JawaRumbia's post

Malaysia JawaRumbia Offline
Big Cat Enthusiasts

@SVTIGRIS do you have any pics of Banvehi male(son of Bamera)..

I bet he must be big than Bamera..
1 user Likes JawaRumbia's post

India shaileshsharadnaik Offline
Tadobatigerlover

tigerluver Wrote:Do we know B2's ancestry?

please see tiger directory thread fro B2 and Bokha ancestry. B2 was son of mohini and charger. In fact charger was his father as well as grandfather. he was from tala zone.
Bokha's ancestry is unknown. He was from magdhi zone.
4 users Like shaileshsharadnaik's post

Oman scamander Offline

(10-29-2015, 12:10 AM)Shardul Wrote: Bamera was born in 2004, so that should make him 11 years old.

Speaking of Bamera, I heard he's been caged?
1 user Likes scamander's post

Ecology & Rewilding

(11-05-2015, 11:28 AM)JawaRumbia Wrote: @SVTIGRIS do you have any pics of Banvehi male(son of Bamera)..

I bet he must be big than Bamera..

No I can't find him sorry
1 user Likes Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

(11-05-2015, 05:53 PM)scamander Wrote:
(10-29-2015, 12:10 AM)Shardul Wrote: Bamera was born in 2004, so that should make him 11 years old.

Really? And why?
1 user Likes Sully's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(11-05-2015, 09:51 PM)SVTIGRIS Wrote:

Really? And why?

He became a cattle lifter and the villagers were getting fed up. I don't agree with the decision but I understand it.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Ecology & Rewilding

(11-05-2015, 09:53 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 09:51 PM)SVTIGRIS Wrote:

Really? And why?

He became a cattle lifter and the villagers were getting fed up. I don't agree with the decision but I understand it.

So is he staying caged for the rest of his life? If so it's a sad end to a King's reign, one of my favourite tigers ever.
2 users Like Sully's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Yes it is, unfortunately they must share their lives with humans and if they do something humans do not like, it is them who must pay. I am not a fan of this mentality, we have had some knock down drag out debates here in recent years, but I understand both sides. Its a sad end to a kings rule but his time had come and gone, he would of died a violent death (natural though) if they didn't remove him. Being able to lift cattle in the first place gave him a chance to live far past his normal life since the territory he was living in was a human civilization and no other males wanted it. So all in all, its just sad.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

B2 wasn't even the dominant male brother, he was smaller and less dominant than B1. There is a image of B1 pseudo dominating B2 in the directory forum. Its a shame that the brothers got lost in the fray, but at least we got the story of B2.
1 user Likes Pckts's post