There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The size of the Anaconda (Eunectes murinus)

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(05-14-2019, 09:01 PM)ruimendes1 Wrote: What would be the weight of this specimen in Brazil?
*This image is copyright of its original author

Haha :Grin Look at name of that second photo :) There is said, that 5,7 meters anaconda :)

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

I put here screenshot :)

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like Shadow's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

5 users Like parvez's post

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(05-15-2019, 12:23 PM)ruimendes1 Wrote: What would be the size of this specimen killed in 1948
 in Brazil? 

If you put your mouse cursor over the picture below, it said the anaconda was 8 meters long. I doubt it was actually 8 meters long, more like below 5 meters.
3 users Like johnny rex's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(06-01-2019, 02:43 PM)johnny rex Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 12:23 PM)ruimendes1 Wrote: What would be the size of this specimen killed in 1948
 in Brazil? 

If you put your mouse cursor over the picture below, it said the anaconda was 8 meters long. I doubt it was actually 8 meters long, more like below 5 meters.

I agree, that snake is no way 8 meters, not even close.
3 users Like Shadow's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(05-14-2019, 09:01 PM)ruimendes1 Wrote: What would be the weight of this specimen in Brazil?

I estimate it weighted over 110 kilograms
4 users Like epaiva's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(05-15-2019, 02:45 PM)Shadow Wrote:
 in Brazil? 

I have to say, that from photos alone, especially when snake is in many curves, it is very very difficult to make too accurate estimations. I time to time use a little bit time to look closer some. I do it so, that I estimate some object from photo, which is about 180-200 cm (imo), then using that as default value I measure it and animal and try to make best guess, which is a bit more than just a wild guess, but then again even in best case it is just a rough estimation. Photos are really problematic, so many issues there which can fool you.

What comes to many anaconda photos, which you have shared, I would say, that many 5-6 meter long snakes there. I wouldn´t be surprised if longest even 7 meters. This anaconda in picture.. I would say about 4,5 meters, maybe even 5. Interesting to see what epaiva say. After all he is the one here, who actually is out there measuring snakes.
@Shadow
I totally agree with your estimation of the size of this specimen
3 users Like epaiva's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(06-01-2019, 01:50 PM)parvez Wrote:
@parvez
Very good find very big and powerful Anaconda
3 users Like epaiva's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

(05-14-2019, 08:57 PM)ruimendes1 Wrote: What would be the size of this specimen in 2008 in Brazil?

This is how nightmares and myths born. This thing look like a monster in the water!!! shocked
2 users Like GuateGojira's post

Canada Kingtheropod Offline
Bigcat Expert

(05-14-2019, 08:57 PM)ruimendes1 Wrote: What would be the size of this specimen in 2008 in Brazil?
Judging by the image, I would say this snake is probably over 20 feet.

I did some rough measurements using the diver to estimate the snakes length, and the snake is more then three times the divers length!
2 users Like Kingtheropod's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

Beautiful Green Anaconda 
Credit unknown 

4 users Like epaiva's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 04:55 AM by epaiva )

Picture taken from the book Hato El Frio
Credit to Tony Croceta

5 users Like epaiva's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 04:53 AM by epaiva )

Beautiful powerful Anaconda measured 4,65 meters long, it gave a great fight when we captured her. I did it with two other persons that worked in Hato El Frio in the Venezuelan Llanos

5 users Like epaiva's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

5 users Like Pckts's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

(09-17-2019, 04:39 AM)epaiva Wrote: Beautiful powerful Anaconda measured 4,65 meters long, it gave a great fight when we captured her. I did it with two other persons that worked in  Hato El Frio in the Venezuelan Llanos

Impresive specimen my friend, about 81 kg of pure beast. Amazing!!!
2 users Like GuateGojira's post