There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

United Kingdom Mapogo Son Offline
Banned

@Mapoxer Yes, I wrote about these photos. Here you write that you do not believe that it is them, let's think logically at the time of their disappearance they were 4.2 years old, what prevented them from running away from large coalitions to see ???? Moreover, it is easier to kill a buffalo in two ....

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Othawa males may have been successful in Kruger, we don't know, if they did, it doesn't mean that lion from the photo is one of them.

As for Rasta and Makhulu, dominance in a coalition changes day by day, and in that day Rasta was the stronger lion, it doesn't mean he was stronger consistently.

Makhulu was also a month or two shy of 11yo, while Rasta was at his absolute prime.

As for the lions you've mentioned that Makhulu "defeated", Makhulu never met Hairy Belly in his entire life that we know of, and certainly have never fought.

4 nomadic Skukuza males and Mapogos before they left their pride had a fight once but we have no details but that the Skukuza were seen with some injuries.

I can't tell who is this "nomad crow" you speak of, but if "Revenstor" is Ravenscourt then yeah Makhulu chased him off once but there was no physical fight.

Makhulu never fought the Rollercoaster males that we know of, 3 last Rollercoasters chased the Mapogos at the end of 2005 before going outside MalaMala's reach and in the next report they stated the one-eyed Rollercoaster was dead so it's likely there was a fight and the RC lost but even if that was the case we don't know if Makhulu was involved and this supposed fight could have been up to 6v3 so not exactly very impressive.

There was one Mapogo who had a big fight with the last Rollercoaster back in 2007 but it was one of the younger 5 males, not Makhulu.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 07-06-2024, 09:37 PM by BA0701 )

(07-06-2024, 01:38 AM)Mapogo Son Wrote: And why did Rasta - Mapogo defeat the Macula, if the Macula is, in fact, stronger 

Makulu defeated: Roller Coaster, Skukuza, Nkuhangeli, Revenstor, Nomad Crow, Hairy Belly - The largest and strongest lion in Sabi Sand and Kruger. 

And with this list, the Rangers say that rasta defeated Macula, yes there is a photo, but why was rasta stronger than macula?????

@Mapogo Son since it appears that you have actually read the thread, or at least portions of it, then your mispellings are nonsensical, and could come across as intentional, as they actually appear to me. If they are unintentional, then I would ask that instead of posting, you read more of the thread, and make sure you are at least in the ballpark. If they are intentional, and you believe you are being funny, I would suggest you read the rules section I linked earlier, especially the rule on being respectful to these animals and other members of this site, and understand our rules are strictly enforced.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Banned

@Mapokser As for Matimba, they had a great battle : 

On the night of July 19, 2011, a grandiose fight "Mapogo vs. Matimba" took place, in which Mapogo drove Matimba out of the Western Sands of Sabi Sand forever 

Mapogo participated in the fight: Makulu, Mr. T, Handsome  

Matimba: Hairy Belly, Red, Nduna
1 user Likes Mapogo Son's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@BA0701 my guess is that they're using a translator.

I've spoken to russians ( who were using a translator ) about lions before and the lion names they were using were all similar, and I clearly remember they spelling Makhulu's name as Macula, exactly like Mapogo Son does. We can also see how Ginger Matimba in his spelling is "Red" and Pretty Boy "Handsome".

Russian alphabet is different so if they're reading with the assistance of a translator, who knows how Makhulu will be in Russian, and how it will get "translated" back to English after they type it in the translator, so I don't think they're trolling.

Just my take though.

@Mapogo Son 

Mapogos and Matimba had a fight once, it was in June 2011, but Hairy Belly and Ndhuna weren't involved. HB was with a Nkuhuma lioness without a single scratch, and Ndhuna was also uninjured in Manyeleti.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Hey @Mapogo Son, I request you to keep the conversation in English as much as possible so the other viewer of the forum can read and participate in the discussion without much hassle.
3 users Like sanjay's post

Banned

@sanjay Hello, I understand, but it is not allowed in my own language ( Russian)?? Are you the administrator of this group????
1 user Likes Mapogo Son's post

sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

A casual little talk is acceptable, no harm in it. But when you discuss something related to topic that include long conversation please keep it in English so that other users can understand, because English is most used language for easy communication and group talking between international users.

If you have problem in writing English, you can use free translator tools available on internet. And to answer your second question, Yes I am one of the team member of the WildFact group who manages and moderates this community to keep it clean and good place to discuss WildLife and Nature.

Let me know if you have any problem or any other query.
2 users Like sanjay's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(07-09-2024, 01:46 PM)Mapogo Son Wrote: @sanjay Hello, I understand, but it is not allowed in my own language ( Russian)?? Are you the administrator of this group????

@Mapogo Son As I have suggested twice before, if you would read our rules, you would know that we have a rule requiring all posts be made in English. Also, people's roles, in regards to the site, will be listed on the left side of the screen, under their screen names. Given my having made two requests already, for you to do so, this is the last time I am asking you to read through our rules.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Just a conspiracy theory. There are plenty of ways a lion can just vanish so its not that odd.

Ttimemarti Offline

I love a good conspiracy theory but Makhulu was 14 or 15 years old on his own as a nomad I think he died peacefully more or less
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-11-2024, 05:55 PM by criollo2mil )

(07-09-2024, 01:46 PM)Mapogo Son Wrote: @sanjay Hello, I understand, but it is not allowed in my own language ( Russian)?? Are you the administrator of this group????

he is the Co-Owner of this website.

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Portugal Rui Ferreira Offline

Hello everyone, first of all pardon me for not finding where I read it, but it was somewhere on yt like 2 years ago so the source is probably wrong, anyway , that comment said thay the Kruger Male the same male who had a scuffle with the Kambulas yesterday or so, might be grandson of the Mapogos, is there any possibility that can be true, I personaly find it hard to believe, Kruger Male is in between 11 to 14 years old and I dont know if Mapogos already had sons who could have been dominant males by that time.
2 users Like Rui Ferreira's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-17-2024, 04:33 PM)Rui Ferreira Wrote: Hello everyone, first of all pardon me for not finding where I read it, but it was somewhere on yt like 2 years ago so the source is probably wrong, anyway , that comment said thay the Kruger Male the same male who had a scuffle with the Kambulas yesterday or so, might be grandson of the Mapogos, is there any possibility that can be true, I personaly find it hard to believe, Kruger Male is in between 11 to 14 years old and I dont know if Mapogos already had sons who could have been dominant males by that time.

Nah, some speculated that he might be son of Robson males (Stompie and One Eye), due to similarity with them in face, but no way to know.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ttimemarti Offline

So it has been brought to my attention that makhulu was NOT born in the tsalala pride so he was likely born in the Sparta pride or ximhungwe pride