There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 10 Vote(s) - 2.3 Average
The Matimba coalition

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Ginger Matimba 
First pic taken in November 2008 at Ngala PGR.

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Timbavati's post

Pakistan Nathan Aiden Offline
Banned

Two Matimba Male Lions at the age of 6 years old in Northern sabisands. 2011

https://youtu.be/1tJgbOqgers

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes Nathan Aiden's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Matimba males (Hairy belly and White Face) Ngala Private Game Reserve...
Image by: Credits to his original author
Ngala-2009

4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Matimba males on Ngala PGR

3 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"Matimba male lions Ginger and Hairy Belly are the most opportunistic male lions in the wild. We may praise HB for surviving this long, but the fact is he (or they with Ginger) doesn't have a solid bloodline so far, meaning none of their litters reached adulthood or dominance."

There is their blood line in Mbiri, Talamati, Torchwood and Nkuchuma prides which they sired alongside with their brothers.

"They use to vanish in secret when their pride and their need them for protection."

Nothink like that ever happened. 

"One example to quote is, the sufferings of the Tsalala pride - that is purely because of HB and Ginger. They deserted the pride when they heard the remote distance challenge calls from their rivals. HB ran away like a rabbit and vanished for years before its reappearance to Sabi Sands."

Matshapiri males did more than distant challanges to push Matimbas out. 

"Please don't quote about HB chasing Othawa male, that is a different story. Othawa male is really a prince born with silver spoon. Even a domestic cat can make him to run for life. HB can only fight against this kind of lions not against any powerful lion(s)."

Matimbas has much more warfare storys than chassing Othawa male (that was rather out intimidating than chassing tho).
2 users Like Potato's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 01:32 AM by BA0701 )

Apologies to everyone who may have been offended. I hope things have been resolved.
User nbkay has been banned for his lack of respect for lions and other posters.
6 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Sorry for what I will say next. But I see a lot of terrible lack of knowledge on you about the lion dynamics and their behavior.
I don't know what's is the point to say that the Southern Matimba males  are a terrible duo or unsucessfully one.
They were really very succesful males not matter if they didn't sired cubs (that they really sired on) on the Torchwood,Nkuhuma,Talamati,Mbiri,Koppies prides etc.
Also,I see a lot of lack of knowledge toward the Matimba history,Yes,I accept that sometimes the fans have spread a incorrect history like the Mapogo fans did on his time (COMPLETELY WRONG FROM BOTH SIDES).
HB was involved on a lot of fights with strong coalitions...
1 - Mapogo males in 2011 (Matimba loss the fight,however,they decided fight)
2 -  Majingilane males since 2011 until 2017. (Matimba have win as also loss).
3 - Nkuhuma males (Blondie and Dozie).
4 - Sizanani and brother.
5 - Birmingham males 
6 - Matshapiri males
7 - Gijima males 
8 - Othawa male (more than a fight it was a intimidation).
9 - Tumbela males (more than a fight it was a intimidation x2.)
I not a lion expert or the one who knows everything,However,I considered to be a lion enthusiast who just loves each lion,not matter coalition name,the history etc!
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-06-2020, 01:27 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Apologies to everyone who may have been offended. I hope things have been resolved.

Thanks for take action on the matter
No worries,guys like that one are on everywhere,I'm glad that here not are allowed!
A couple of years ago a guy called "Georgel" had the same behavior,perhaps he has comes back with a new ID lol
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"HB and Ginger are symbol of failures since 2015, after their split from their brothers (the 3 northern matimba lions). They have never "protected" any pride for more than a year."

Don't you think that judging Southern Matimbas achievements only from the point of 2015 is lightly said "unfair". Beside that Northern Matimbas which you pray here so much did not achieved more than their Southern brother if we count only what has been achieved since 2015. Also Southern Matimas outlived their northern brothers which is success in it self in the wild.

"Sorry brother, please don't mixup northern matimbas success story with HB and Gingers."

Mentioned by me prides were taken while Matimbas were coalition of 6. It is as much success of Southern Matimbas as it is Northern Matimbas.

" Two of them died in defending their prides"

Only one of the Northern Matimas died in a fight with other lions. 

"After splitting from them, HB and Ginger has no history to tell."

Oh, they have a lot of story. 

"They appear here and there, takeover a pride which has no protector and sire some cubs, then ran away if any threat from rival (equally powered) males and leave the cubs to be killed by rivals.  "

Southern Matimbas remained dominant males since 2010 or 2011 (I do not remember when they killed Dozi) to the edge of 2016 and 2017 and later on with take over of Othawa pride from mid 2018 untill now. Is it really appearing here and there? Don't be joking. Also if you say that they ran away from any rival then you clearly do not know what are you talking about.

" They killed one young male lion (southern pride male)"

Wat? They killed Fourways male, not Southern and it was before 2015.

"This is forum for lion lovers and not haters, so i think these kind of hatred language and making up narratives are not accepted here and I think moderators @Lycaon should look at this kind of discussion.."

Personally I am myself deeply against censorship. More over such kind of discusions were there already multiple times, nothink really new. So far they were in great most if not all about either Mapogos or Majingilanes. It seems now that Southern Matimbas as well have some hater on this forum lol
2 users Like Potato's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(10-06-2020, 01:27 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Apologies to everyone who may have been offended. I hope things have been resolved.
User nbkay has been banned for his lack of respect for lions and other posters.

Agreed.
1 user Likes Shadow's post

Hairy tummy Offline

This really is a brilliant forum. I have learnt so much since joining and continue to learn everyday from knowledgeable and passionate lion enthusiasts . The last thing you want is for a great forum like this is to turn into something like YouTube. There is So many haters and negativity on there
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(10-06-2020, 01:40 AM)Potato Wrote: "HB and Ginger are symbol of failures since 2015, after their split from their brothers (the 3 northern matimba lions). They have never "protected" any pride for more than a year."

Don't you think that judging Southern Matimbas achievements only from the point of 2015 is lightly said "unfair". Beside that Northern Matimbas which you pray here so much did not achieved more than their Southern brother if we count only what has been achieved since 2015. Also Southern Matimas outlived their northern brothers which is success in it self in the wild.

"Sorry brother, please don't mixup northern matimbas success story with HB and Gingers."

Mentioned by me prides were taken while Matimbas were coalition of 6. It is as much success of Southern Matimbas as it is Northern Matimbas.

"They appear here and there, takeover a pride which has no protector and sire some cubs, then ran away if any threat from rival (equally powered) males and leave the cubs to be killed by rivals.  "

Southern Matimbas remained dominant males since 2010 or 2011 (I do not remember when they killed Dozi) to the edge of 2016 and 2017 and later on with take over of Othawa pride from mid 2018 untill now. Is it really appearing here and there? Don't be joking. Also if you say that they ran away from any rival then you clearly do not know what are you talking about.

"This is forum for lion lovers and not haters, so i think these kind of hatred language and making up narratives are not accepted here and I think moderators @Lycaon should look at this kind of discussion.."

Personally I am myself deeply against censorship. More over such kind of discusions were there already multiple times, nothink really new. So far they were in great most if not all about either Mapogos or Majingilanes. It seems now that Southern Matimbas as well have some hater on this forum lol

@Potato there were posts that were not permitted, that were more key to these actions than any of the posts that were allowed through.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 02:05 AM by Shadow )

(10-06-2020, 01:54 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 01:40 AM)Potato Wrote: "HB and Ginger are symbol of failures since 2015, after their split from their brothers (the 3 northern matimba lions). They have never "protected" any pride for more than a year."

@Potato there were posts that were not permitted, that were more key to these actions than any of the posts that were allowed through.

I would add, that while censorship isn´t what we seek here, sometimes it happens. Especially when someone posts with aggressive attitude, disrespects animals and postings have no informative value really. And that was the case here. No reason to have here postings, when no informative value and a person seems to try to get into some kind of insult contest.  It might be, that after a wild we "clean" all postings involved to this sad episode. We do our best to keep out people, who have more interest to demean some animals than to respect wildlife, but sometimes slight mistakes happen.
6 users Like Shadow's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-06-2020, 01:40 AM)Potato Wrote: Personally I am myself deeply against censorship. More over such kind of discusions were there already multiple times, nothink really new. So far they were in great most if not all about either Mapogos or Majingilanes. It seems now that Southern Matimbas as well have some hater on this forum lol

I am on this forum active for around 1 year or so, and has been following it even before and i never seen here somebody straight up hating on any lions.. 

One thing is discussion about lions,their behavior, etc, even a heated one if somebody has different opinions .. But another one is straight up hating on any lions with false claims.. I think this kind off trolling is not acceptable here.. Otherwise it will attract even more this "trolls" in future..

This guy was a new member, and that where his first 3 posts..so he made that account with reason to hate and troll on S. Matimbas.. We can only imagen what he would do in future.. 

@BA0701  did a good job here..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

A Matimba lion spends the day relaxing with a Nkuhuma lioness at Djuma Waterhole, in Sabi Sands,
Djuma Waterhole
December 2012

4 users Like Timbavati's post