There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Mantimahle Males

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(07-19-2022, 09:20 PM)lionuk Wrote: I'm now working on it by asking some guides and rangers
That's so nice of u
3 users Like DARK MANE's post

BigLion39 Offline

(07-19-2022, 09:19 PM)lionuk Wrote: Great to see a recent photo of Mantimahle male, Orange Mane 

So Sharp Eyes and Orange Mane are the same lion? If not I thought it was the Boss, Sharp Eyes, and the 5th with his 1/2 nephew/son left of the coalition? 

Just to clarify.... what were the names of the 5 brothers.???
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-08-2022, 03:01 AM by Mdz123 )

(08-08-2022, 01:24 AM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 09:19 PM)lionuk Wrote: Great to see a recent photo of Mantimahle male, Orange Mane 

So Sharp Eyes and Orange Mane are the same lion? If not I thought it was the Boss, Sharp Eyes, and the 5th with his 1/2 nephew/son left of the coalition? 

Just to clarify.... what were the names of the 5 brothers.???

There are 3 Mantimahles alive, Charcoal mane (Boss) and Orange mane. 5th males is also alive but hasnt been seen in a while. Only 1/2 sons are alive. The 2nd Mantimahles name was Honest Face and idk about the name of the 4th one

Edit: 4th Mantimahles name is Sharp Eye although am not 100% sure.
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-08-2022, 02:51 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: There are 3 Mantimahles alive, Charcoal mane (Boss) and Orange mane. 5th males is also alive but hasnt been seen in a while. Only 1/2 sons are alive. The 2nd Mantimahles name was Honest Face and idk about the name of the 4th one

Edit: 4th Mantimahles name is Sharp Eye although am not 100% sure.

Orange Maned male is missing, only Boss and Sharp Eyes are presumed alive together, 5th is not with them, but no updates on him and son recently.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

BigLion39 Offline

(08-08-2022, 03:15 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Orange Maned male is missing, only Boss and Sharp Eyes are presumed alive together, 5th is not with them, but no updates on him and son recently.

Thank you! I thought there was an update just rescently on the 5th and 1 son/nephew or am I wrong??? A quick encursion into SS and then gone?
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-09-2022, 01:05 AM by Tr1x24 )

(08-08-2022, 11:29 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Thank you! I thought there was an update just rescently on the 5th and 1 son/nephew or am I wrong??? A quick encursion into SS and then gone?

That was many months ago.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-09-2022, 01:04 AM by Tr1x24 )

Throwback, 5th and "son", filmed around half a year ago:

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

BigLion39 Offline

Going back through this awesome thread (and so many other threads here), tons of photos are blank and dead.        Cluttering up the whole thread. I don't understand why pics straight up disappear?        Is there a way we can clean this whole lion section of the forum up  by bringing back all of the photos?
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-11-2022, 02:03 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Going back through this awesome thread (and so many other threads here), tons of photos are blank and dead.        Cluttering up the whole thread. I don't understand why pics straight up disappear?        Is there a way we can clean this whole lion section of the forum up  by bringing back all of the photos?

Unfortunately no, we can't, I understand fully how bothersome it can be. It is other sites that often change links, stop sharing, or outright delete the photos that are shared from their sites. If we deleted those posts it would hurt the continuity of the site, such as people reading the site would come across tons of replies without seeing the post being replied to
6 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Mantimahle males
11 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The dominant Mantimahle seen today on the S21, 13.9km W of H4-1 Near Skukuza 
Tinged by Tania & Eelke

*This image is copyright of its original author
11 users Like Timbavati's post

BigLion39 Offline

(08-22-2022, 06:07 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The dominant Mantimahle seen today on the S21, 13.9km W of H4-1 Near Skukuza

Is this "The Boss" aka Charcoal Mane or is this "Sharp Eyes"? I don't know the differences.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-23-2022, 01:40 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Is this "The Boss" aka Charcoal Mane or is this "Sharp Eyes"? I don't know the differences.

Boss.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-23-2022, 01:40 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(08-22-2022, 06:07 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The dominant Mantimahle seen today on the S21, 13.9km W of H4-1 Near Skukuza

Is this "The Boss" aka Charcoal Mane or is this "Sharp Eyes"? I don't know the differences.

He's the Boss aka Charcoal mane.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

One of the Mantimahle males ,Sharp-Eyes" a year ago in KNP
Image credit: Shaun Etsebeth
@BigLion39 

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Timbavati's post