There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Australia 1999gc8 Offline

Has Nhena injured his right rear leg? Not 100% sure  but looked like some hesitation to put weight on it when he started walking.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-17-2022, 07:15 PM)1999gc8 Wrote: Has Nhena injured his right rear leg? Not 100% sure  but looked like some hesitation to put weight on it when he started walking.

It doesn't look like it to me.

Chris Offline

Interesting times. It’s amazing the condition Nhena is in. Impeccable shape, and the bond that is growing at lest with his Nkhuma is a possible start of a new coalition. Some of the kambula boys have been with them as well and although short, but a possibility they may join. It’s a great sight to see and looking forward to him to have a pride again.
4 users Like Chris's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 06:25 PM by Mabingilane )

(03-27-2022, 09:52 AM)Chris Wrote: Interesting times. It’s amazing the condition Nhena is in. Impeccable shape, and the bond that is growing at lest with his Nkhuma is a possible start of a new coalition. Some of the kambula boys have been with them as well and although short, but a possibility they may join. It’s a great sight to see and looking forward to him to have a pride again.

Me too Chris.  It's the best news i have heard in ages! Lion dynamics always amaze me even after all these years. We will never know if they truly recognize one another, but history tells me it is very possible. It may just be an ironic  coincidence, it may not.  I have seen it so many times in the Mara where relatives reunite after many years of being with other lions. Familiarity is something that may linger many years.

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

Young Mfumo. He is looking there quite a lot like Nkuchuma male now beside he is more battle scared and has bigger nose.

8 users Like Potato's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Throwback to Nsuku with 1 of the Styx pride females in 2017

Post was moved here from Lions of Timbavati thread as I accidentally posted it there
9 users Like Mdz123's post

Georgia Dreadlocks Offline

*This image is copyright of its original author

The old Birmingham male pitched up outside the lodge to surprise all of us! And he then gave us a fantastic show of what a large male lion should look like!
Savanna Private Game Reserve
12 users Like Dreadlocks's post

WildRev Offline

12 users Like WildRev's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(04-08-2022, 04:40 PM)WildRev Wrote:

Are these Nhenha and Nkuhuma male??
2 users Like afortich's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

(04-08-2022, 11:27 PM)afortich Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 04:40 PM)WildRev Wrote:

Are these Nhenha and Nkuhuma male??

Yes
3 users Like Potato's post

United Kingdom Hairy tummy Offline

Nhenha looking really fit, great to see.so pleased they found each other
5 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

The Birmingham male confidently gazing across one of Savanna’s open areas.

To have a big male lion in the open in the very early morning light is stuff of legend and such a great opportunity to get some amazing photographs.

8 users Like Potato's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I guess that rules him out as the potential source of the "blood" on the PC males
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United Kingdom Hairy tummy Offline

The potential suspects for the pc's bloodied mouth is starting to thin out
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Impressive Nhena with no scars. So he didnt get involved in a fight with PC males

2 users Like Mdz123's post