There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Any mention if Nhenha still roars and scent marks?
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(02-10-2022, 11:34 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Any mention if Nhenha still roars and scent marks?

As far as I know no, didn't see video of Nhenha roaring since N'ws invade, neither that Londolozi or MalaMala mentioned it, while it was reported few times that N. Avocas are returning roars to N'ws, it was mentioned even today on newest video on MalaMala instagram of OE on airstrip :

*This image is copyright of its original author

Looks like Nhenha is keeping low profile for now in that "neutral" area in between N'ws and N. Avocas.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Nhenda looks well fed and is keeping a low profile
12th February 
Credit: rezert general

8 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Young Bboys with pride:

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

I am little confused about age of nhenha. 
In mala mala monthly report, they are saying that he is 10 yrs and 4 months old. I stillstill remember when tinyo was alive in September last yr. , they use to write that older gowrie ( tinyo) is 10 yrs 10 months old and younger gowrie ( nhenha) is 9yrs 10 mnths old. 
But on fb pages, people are writing that nhenha is 12 around. 
What I hahave learned in this thread that nhenha was born in somewhere November 2010, so he must be 11.
Only Nsuvu was a bit older, July 2010.
What's the truth???

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-04-2022, 09:51 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: In mala mala monthly report, they are saying that he is 10 yrs and 4 months old. I stillstill remember when tinyo was alive in September last yr. , they use to write that older gowrie ( tinyo) is 10 yrs 10 months old and younger gowrie ( nhenha) is 9yrs 10 mnths old. 
In cases in which Mala Mala does not know age of the lions on their property, they just put their own estimations and such is the case with Birminghams. Estimations Mala Mala made on Birminghams were definitelly incorrect through.

(03-04-2022, 09:51 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: But on fb pages, people are writing that nhenha is 12 around. 
Some people (I do not get why) likes to makes some legends around ages of male lions. Same it was with HB Matimba when when people were making some claims he is 15, 16 or 17 years old. 

(03-04-2022, 09:51 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: What I hahave learned in this thread that nhenha was born in somewhere November 2010, so he must be 11.
Only Nsuvu was a bit older, July 2010.
The exact dates of Birminghams birth are unknown and can only be estimated. I believe it is reasonable to think Nhenha was around 4 to 4 and half years old when Birminghams took over from Matimbas judging by his look by then so he should be around 11 years old now.
2 users Like Potato's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 02:36 PM by lionuk )

Nhenha in Sabi Sabi

"The last of the Birmingham coalition has snuck onto Sabi Sabi. Male lions often enter a second nomadic phase after they become too old to hold their previous territory"

7 users Like lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

This thread had a good run, 169 pages
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(03-07-2022, 04:02 PM)Tonpa Wrote: This thread had a good run, 169 pages

This thread probably isnt done until Nhenas death, and after which it will be flooded with trubute videos. Lol
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Sadly there is a far larger chance he will just disapear. And the last posts will be something along the lines of... Its been 3 months, anyone heard anything?

South Africa Rabubi Offline

(03-07-2022, 04:02 PM)Tonpa Wrote: This thread had a good run, 169 pages

Indeed it did. Much like the coalition in question. The BBoys are one of the more successful coalitions (in SS) in recent memory.
2 users Like Rabubi's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-07-2022, 01:55 PM)lionuk Wrote: Nhenha in Sabi Sabi

"The last of the Birmingham coalition has snuck onto Sabi Sabi. Male lions often enter a second nomadic phase after they become too old to hold their previous territory"

So he didn't stick with Nkuhuma, for now..

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Nhenha in Sabi Sabi last week. Nk male was also seen with him there. 
Credit: Natasha Heard

7 users Like lionuk's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(03-15-2022, 01:31 PM)lionuk Wrote: Nhenha in Sabi Sabi last week. Nk male was also seen with him there. 
Credit: Natasha Heard

Great, so there is still a chance that these two stay together.
1 user Likes afortich's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-17-2022, 03:23 PM by lionuk )

Nhenha. The author also mentions " he had lot of boys with him", I presume he has sons with him. Dunno where is the NK male, though

5 users Like lionuk's post