There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Mala Mala December:

Only the "younger" Gowrie male was seen for the second consecutive month. Again, we recorded a dramatic decline in sightings of this male, likely due to him avoiding the coalitions that are applying pressure from the north and the west, respectively. On the 1st of the month, he was with the bulk of the pride northeast of West Steet Bridge. On the 2nd, he was with three lionesses south of Matshapiri Open Area. On the 6th, he was by himself on the KNP Break around the MalaMala/Flockfield boundary. On this occasion, he made his presence known with a territorial roar. On the 22nd, he was with members of the Kambula pride at Piccadilly Pans. On the 28th, he was sharing a kudu calf kill with a lioness and two subadults from the Kambula pride east of Drum Crossing.
6 users Like Potato's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

It seems Nhenha is doing a good job of hanging on to the pride. Although his usefulness to the pride seems to be to an end the Nwashshakes still haven't run him out or worse. Although that may happen any moment. 

I guess that just shows that take overs aren't as straight forward as people make them out to be.
4 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 07:05 AM by Mdz123 )

Shadow Birmingham male Nhena in the night
Credits: Marcos Henrique

10 users Like Mdz123's post

Musa15 Offline

(01-15-2022, 04:18 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: It seems Nhenha is doing a good job of hanging on to the pride. Although his usefulness to the pride seems to be to an end the Nwashshakes still haven't run him out or worse. Although that may happen any moment. 

I guess that just shows that take overs aren't as straight forward as people make them out to be.

It's like he's sneaking around in there picking his moments. He could keep this up for a long while untill the pride itself turns on him.
1 user Likes Musa15's post

Maximus Offline

There is a photo of Nenah from last week with a few new scars on his face. Some are saying it’s from him and sub adults from Kambula pride in run in with one N’wasWitshaka. In my opinion I think it’s from sharing s meal with the pride.
1 user Likes Maximus's post

BigLion39 Offline

I keep hearing about this picture but I haven't been able to find it. Maybe someone can post it?
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Maximus Offline

The picture was on the Birmingham Males Facebook home page posts.
2 users Like Maximus's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

9 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Nhenha at Londolozi :

12 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(02-06-2022, 03:10 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Nhenha at Londolozi :

What happened to his coalition partner Tinyo??

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(02-09-2022, 11:04 PM)afortich Wrote: What happened to his coalition partner Tinyo??
The veteran male " TINYO" was last seen on oct 26, 2021. Its been almost 4 months. Basically he and most of his offsprings of 2021 litters just got vanished after 4 nwaswitshaka blitzkrieg to londolozy after 9 th november last year.
2 users Like DARK MANE's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

At this point its almost certain he got killed I am afraid.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Contributor

(02-09-2022, 11:19 PM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 11:04 PM)afortich Wrote: What happened to his coalition partner Tinyo??
The veteran male " TINYO" was last seen on oct 26, 2021. Its been almost 4 months. Basically he and most of his offsprings of 2021 litters just got vanished after 4 nwaswitshaka blitzkrieg to londolozy after 9 th november last year.

Thank you for the info.
2 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

(02-09-2022, 11:47 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: At this point its almost certain he got killed I am afraid.

It makes a lot of sense what you're saying.

South Africa Rabubi Offline

(02-09-2022, 11:47 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: At this point its almost certain he got killed I am afraid.

Mother Nature has proven us humans wrong on countless occasions but at this point I'm convinced that Tinyo is dead.
3 users Like Rabubi's post