There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Brazil Rorre_ Offline

Os BBoys são formidáveis, apenas 2 machos defendendo um território tão difícil quanto eles ... Onde há intrusos de todos os lados.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Nhenha and Tinyo patroling:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVxPvw1qy3K/...=copy_link

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

The last two Gowrie males still going strong at MalaMala Game Reserve
7 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Mala Mala September:

THE KAMBULA PRIDE:

The Kambula pride is becoming a challenge to keep track of. As the pride expands, different groupings of members of this pride have been seen spending time together. The most stable grouping of this pride is the three lionesses and their 11 cubs. These lions spend the majority of their time along the banks of the Sand River between Rattray's Camp and Confluence Crossing. We watched as the three lionesses caught an impala ram north of Styx Rocks on the 22nd. The lionesses and their cubs had a young kudu kill north of Confluence Crossing on the 24th. On the 29th, all 14 of these lions were on a zebra kill south of Styx Rocks.
By the end of the month, the lionesses had moved their cubs to Styx Rocks. The grouping that includes the subadults and the mother of the two younger sub-adults do not often move as one cluster. Different members of this grouping are found in different groups across their territory regularly. On the 11th , the adult lionesses, four sub-adult males and 5 sub-adult females had a close encounter with the Island female and her cub at West Street bridge. The lions came within a few meters of the two leopards before they noticed the lions and fled to the treetops for safety. The following day this group of lions trailed a herd of buffalo from West Street to Matshapiri Open Area. As has been the case with this pride, it seemed the lions had no real intent to hunt the buffalo, until a herd of elephants chased the lions. In the confusion, the lions seized the opportunity and managed to bring down three buffalo calves. Maybe times are changing as this prides ability to hunt buffalo appears to be increasing. The adult lioness and all sub-adults were at Charleston North Crossing on the 19th when they caught wind of a kill the Inyathini male leopard had upstream in the Kapen River. The majority of the lions surrounded the tree, while one sub-adult female lion climbed the tree and proceeded to feed on the pilfered kill. 
Compiled by the Rangers of MalaMala Game Reserve The third constant 'split' of the pride is the two lionesses that are spending the bulk of their time in the area of Marthly and around MalaMala Camp. They continue to spend time with the Northern Avoca males, and like last month, they were mating with these two males again this month. These two lionesses and the two Northern Avoca males had an impala kill east of Elephant Rock Lookout on the 10th. The two lionesses stole an impala kill from the Piccadilly female and her cub on the 16th, west of Bicycle Crossing.

THE GOWRIE MALES:

24 sightings of the Gowrie males were recorded this month. Nine more than the Northern Avoca males who have been seen more frequently in recent months. Of the 24 sightings, only 11 were of both members of the coalition. 
The first two sightings of the Gowrie males for the month were both on the 3rd. One male was seen at Cuckoo pan, while the other was at elephant slide crossing with a lioness from the Kambula pride. They reunited at buffalo pans on the 4th. On the 8th, the younger of the two males was found in the Sand River at the Confluence with the Rock Drift Donga, sporting a superficial puncture wound in the centre of his forehead. Both males were seen on the 13th , however, they were not together. One of the males was around West Street while his brother was further north at Kikilezihash Crossing. The following day both males were at Elephant Slide Crossing with members of the Kambula pride. Overnight one of the males moved north and was at West Street the following day while his brother remained with the members of the Kambula pride at Flockfield Pool. 
On the 20th, the younger of the two males pulled a kudu carcass out of the hippo pool on the Island south of the Causeway. That same male was seen again on the kudu kill on the 21st. This is the furthest north a Gowrie male has been seen for some time. 
Both males were at Elephant Slide Crossing on the 23rd. On the 24th, they were at Styx rocks trailing a herd of Buffalo. On the final day of the month, both males were with the members of the Kambula pride at Styx rocks.
5 users Like Potato's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Nhenda crossing the Sand River. He looks amazing!
Photo credit: Andrew Beck

10 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

10 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(11-08-2021, 07:16 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

The Boss!
6 users Like T I N O's post

United Kingdom Hairy tummy Offline

Nhenha is testosterone on 4 legs
4 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Are nhenha and tinyo together now the nwaswishaka are in town?
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 09:45 PM by Tr1x24 )

(11-08-2021, 09:41 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Are nhenha and tinyo together now the nwaswishaka are in town?

Dont know, we only seen Nhenha past few days and apperantly he was alone roaring yesterday evening, but they will definitely reunite now in this situation.

But, i fear this is the fight they cant win, 4 vs 2..and it looks like that 3rd N. Avoca is also in the area now.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Its amazing to see how things have been relatively settled recently.... then within a day its mayhem
3 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Spain Calvitoo Offline

(11-08-2021, 09:43 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 09:41 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Are nhenha and tinyo together now the nwaswishaka are in town?

Dont know, we only seen Nhenha past few days and apperantly he was alone roaring yesterday evening, but they will definitely reunite now in this situation.

But, i fear this is the fight they cant win, 4 vs 2..and it looks like that 3rd N. Avoca is also in the area now.

Well it would be 3 against 2 I doubt very much that Gore wants to get into a fight with his injury, I think Dark Mane is coming to help his brothers I think the priority now is to stop the Nw's
1 user Likes Calvitoo's post

WildRev Offline

(11-08-2021, 10:02 PM)Calvitoo Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 09:43 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Well it would be 3 against 2 I doubt very much that Gore wants to get into a fight with his injury, I think Dark Mane is coming to help his brothers I think the priority now is to stop the Nw's

If his 3 brothers are with him I don't think he would avoid fights
1 user Likes WildRev's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-08-2021, 10:02 PM)Calvitoo Wrote: Well it would be 3 against 2 I doubt very much that Gore wants to get into a fight with his injury, I think Dark Mane is coming to help his brothers I think the priority now is to stop the Nw's
(11-08-2021, 10:07 PM)WildRev Wrote: If his 3 brothers are with him I don't think he would avoid fights

DM returned back north today.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

WildRev Offline

(11-08-2021, 10:24 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 10:02 PM)Calvitoo Wrote: Well it would be 3 against 2 I doubt very much that Gore wants to get into a fight with his injury, I think Dark Mane is coming to help his brothers I think the priority now is to stop the Nw's
(11-08-2021, 10:07 PM)WildRev Wrote: If his 3 brothers are with him I don't think he would avoid fights

DM returned back north today.

I should have specified, I was talking about gore
3 users Like WildRev's post